Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by Sharp Guy »

ScottZee wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 9:59 pm
Ill ammend and add the Illini to the list. Blue could be darker for the beloved. Either way, I love the knife and glad to add the Rex45 blade to my collection of Spydercos'
Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:27 pm
ScottZee wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 8:03 am
Todays mail should include my latest purchase. PARA 2 Cutlery Shoppe Orange/Blue Rex45. C81PORBL2. It's my official Chicago Bears knife going forward
I'm a Bears fan but I see that one as more of Broncos knife
👍
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

PPT, Salsa, 15V Mules !

PPT and Salsa are already here :open-grin
PPT was brand new in box, such a cool knife, immediately in love with it.

:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
JackRussell

Post by JackRussell »

I have Spydies from US, Taiwan, Japan and Italy but none from China. As a lefty, I ruled out the majority of Chinese made knives as they are right-handed liner locks. So I naturally placed an order today for an Uptern with PE -- couldn't resist at $42.00 with the 10% discount. Will also be my first SS model.
Foehammer

Post by Foehammer »

Endura in k390, for my brother’s birthday. He mentioned he wanted a good knife a while ago and likes my pm2’s but he wanted something different. So we took a look at some different models and I guess the blue endura stood out.

He’s not a steel guy at all but k390 is good stuff and should hold up for him. Bonus for me because I can finally see if I like FRN enough to buy a knife for myself with it, I already know I like k390 lol.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

~Joe

MNOSD member #0045
Tgmr05

Post by Tgmr05 »

Blacked out salt 2 pe H1. Really like the se, but figure to give the pe salt 2 a try while H1 is still available. Gotta give Vivi credit, would have never really considered it without all the posts made.
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

Very happy with today's mail drop. Got my first Chaparral and first factory Ti scales (did have a number of after market) When using the choil I can just fit all 4 fingers so happy with that. Love how the scale pattern reflects the light. Great finish and a very slicy blade!
20230601_124254.jpg
20230601_124244.jpg
20230601_125225.jpg
PM2 Crucarta, Manix 2 lw s110v, Manix 2 blackout, Shaman, Tenacious, GB1, GB2, Smock, Kapara, Native 5 s90v, Chaparral cts-xhp faceted Ti, Para 3 blackout flytanium scales. PM2 M390 DLT exclusive, Caly 3 Superblue sprint run, Police PE ATS-55, Mcbee, Caly 3.5 ZDP189 CF, PM2 Maxamet, Millitary CF s90v sprint run, Lil' Native CF s90v sprint run, Mule CPM Rex T15, Spydiechef, Amalgam.

MNOSD member #0052

***Memento mori, memento vivere***
RugerNurse

Post by RugerNurse »

Dragonfly In VG10 inbound.
Quia surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia
Erion929

Post by Erion929 »

PM2….the SMKW exclusive, with M4 black DLC and Lava Flow Fatcarbon

After my 1st Spydie two weeks ago, a Manix 2, now jumped on Spydie #2 :smiling-heart-eyes

Last edited by Erion929 on Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
przemekspce

Post by przemekspce »

:bug-red-white Harpy :bug-red-white
:bug-red-white Instagram: przemekspce :bug-red
CDEP

Post by CDEP »

Yo 2 & Urban Damasteel Sprint.
Brian
Shmohawk

Post by Shmohawk »

Native 5 Magnacut SE
olywa

Post by olywa »

Salt 2 SE Wharnie (green LC200N)
BigFishShamu

Post by BigFishShamu »

Just received my Resilience LW (Black Combo Edge) from DLT. Right out of the box I think I prefer the ergonomics of this more than my 4V military, which really surprised me. I think it’s the neutral handle shape of the Resilience that I really like. Looking forward to testing this one throughout this month
“Stepping into the ring was the fight.”
vivi

Post by vivi »

SE Pacific Salt 2 and DLC Yojumbo outbound to new owners.
BigFishShamu wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:09 pm
Just received my Resilience LW (Black Combo Edge) from DLT. Right out of the box I think I prefer the ergonomics of this more than my 4V military, which really surprised me. I think it’s the neutral handle shape of the Resilience that I really like. Looking forward to testing this one throughout this month
I came to the same conclusion. Feels a little funny preferring the red headed step child of the chinese value folders to one of Spydercos most iconic designs, but the Resilience is that good.

While the FRN version is nice, something to keep in mind is the G10 scales fit perfectly and don't even require taking the knife completely apart to install. Watch used knife sale forums and you can grab one for $30-40 shipped. Takes the folder up a notch if you don't mind the weight penalty.

PE FRN Resilience is #1 on my list of future purchases. Love the CE I have but I'd like having a blacked out PE too.
:unicorn
HolySteel

Post by HolySteel »

I am happy to say that I no longer have any knives in the mail.
Last edited by HolySteel on Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigFishShamu

Post by BigFishShamu »

vivi wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:24 pm
BigFishShamu wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:09 pm
I came to the same conclusion. Feels a little funny preferring the red headed step child of the chinese value folders to one of Spydercos most iconic designs, but the Resilience is that good.

While the FRN version is nice, something to keep in mind is the G10 scales fit perfectly and don't even require taking the knife completely apart to install. Watch used knife sale forums and you can grab one for $30-40 shipped. Takes the folder up a notch if you don't mind the weight penalty.

PE FRN Resilience is #1 on my list of future purchases. Love the CE I have but I'd like having a blacked out PE too.
Thanks for the info on the G10 scales, Vivi. I definitely will be grabbing the G10 model probably around Fall/Winter time when I wear pants. I work in primarily running shorts and swim trunks so I usually lean towards the FRN models. That being said, this Resilience LW rides nicely in the pockets and even IWB. I've also heard pretty good things about the SE 8cr13mov steel
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

BigFishShamu wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:43 pm
vivi wrote:

I've also heard pretty good things about the SE 8cr13mov steel

Nice to see some one thinking and doing some real world testing for themselves instead of just buying into the prevailing anti Chinese made product sentiment. My test sample is very small, but I am definitely not gonna say that H1 wear resistance is any better than Spyderco's 8Cr13MoV whether it be in serrated form or low grit PE. Not trying to stir the pot or create controversy, but would like to hear results from others on the matter.
BigFishShamu

Post by BigFishShamu »

skeeg11 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:41 pm
BigFishShamu wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:43 pm
vivi wrote:

Nice to see some one thinking and doing some real world testing for themselves instead of just buying into the prevailing anti Chinese made product sentiment. My test sample is very small, but I am definitely not gonna say that H1 wear resistance is any better than Spyderco's 8Cr13MoV whether it be in serrated form or low grit PE. Not trying to stir the pot or create controversy, but would like to hear results from others on the matter.
I’ll definitely try my best to do a write up around the of this month about my experience!
vivi

Post by vivi »

Regarding 8Cr vs H1, how well each retains their edge depends on how they're being used.

Assuming similar geometry and sharpening methods....

If we're in a climate controlled test lab cutting clean pieces of cardboard, they're probably about equal, with 8Cr likely showing a bit better edge retention.

If we're using them in more corrosive environments, like fishing from a kayak, H1 will do better.

If we're using them in a way that toughness comes into play, like batoning wrist thick chunks of fatwood to break off smaller pieces to turn into tinder, H1 will do best.

It's all about how you intend to use em.

I'm happy with the performance of either steel given my sharpening style (thin and coarse).
:unicorn
Spicy Suplex

Post by Spicy Suplex »

Manbug Leaf PE. I want to encourage a TiCN and K390 version, love the leaf blade. Plus I theorize that I can get the Manbug Salt and the Leaf both into my watch pocket for a very non-carry carry.