The Tactical Bottle Opener: Spyderco ClipiTool Standard

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Re: The Tactical Bottle Opener: Spyderco ClipiTool Standard

Post by Mad Mac »

Somewhat surprisingly,
it is as tasty as it looks.
DIY Ultra Cranberry infusion.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Michelob Ultra with a little Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Season's Greetings faithful readers.
I've been on a six month Michelob Ultra streak
but my children brought me some good stuff
when they came for the holidays.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Tupps Brewery Full Grown Nick Imperial Stout

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and The Bruery Bakery Boysenberry Pie

Have a happy and prosperous 2023.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I agree! My wife makes it and it is my favorite way of drinking cranberry juice! 🍻
Mad Mac wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:17 pm
Somewhat surprisingly,
it is as tasty as it looks.
DIY Ultra Cranberry infusion.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Michelob Ultra with a little Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Actually used the bottle opener on this one,
from the oldest brewery in America.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Yuengling Hershey's Chocolate Porter
sbdude

Post by sbdude »

Mad Mac wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:12 pm
Actually used the bottle opener on this one,
from the oldest brewery in America.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Yuengling Hershey's Chocolate Porter
I've had some of that. It's OK, not a flavorful as I thought it would be but not bad. If you like interesting beers, Left Hand Brewery Peanut Butter/Chocolate Milk Stout is good.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Greetings fellow beer drinking enthusiasts.
After 52 days dry, I've resumed my bad habit.
My only regret is
I will no longer drink Michelob Ultra.
That low carb beer is owned by Budweiser.
Need I say more.

Recently, I discovered a craft beer
just down the road from me
on Texas highway 19 in Huntsville, Texas,
Lucky 19 Brewing Company.
Their pale ale is named
for the town's Sam Houston State University mascot
and the co-eds at Sam are predominantly blonde.
At least they were when I married one 54 years ago.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Lucky 19 Bearkat Blonde
Last edited by Mad Mac on Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

🍻🍻
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

About two years ago
I featured Yuengling Flight in a bottle.

At only 2.6g of carbs,
the oldest brewery in America
offers a low carb alternative
to Michelob Ultra,
an Anheuser Busch brand,
if you get my drift.
And it tastes better, too.

You can see all the AB brands here.
https://www.anheuser-busch.com/brands
Some may surprise you.

A boycott is a fun and quiet way
to speak with your dollars
and anonymously and safely
stand up against the woke mob.

Cheers!

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Yuengling Flight
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

A while back, this wheat beer made an appearance here
but at the time I did not realize that it was also
a low calorie (95), low carb (2.9) and 0 sugar beer.
Another alternative to that light beer
which shall remain nameless.

Real Texas dewberries
with a notoriously short growing season
from around Sugar Land are used
in this unfiltered, full flavor brew
making it a truly seasonal beer.

But to be honest, I grabbed a six-pack this time
because it was clearance priced, $6.
It may be an acquired taste.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Shiner Weisse 'N' Easy
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

That looks so good! 🍻🍻
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
olditguy

Post by olditguy »

Lovely! 🍺🍺🍺
Foehammer

Post by Foehammer »

Looks delicious! I too recently discovered craft beers, there’s some good local ones for sure! Glad to see people still boycotting that AB junk; like my good friend says: “I’ve been boycotting bud light’s bad taste the whole time” 😂
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

~Joe

MNOSD member #0045
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

In my dogged pursuit of low carb beers,
EIGHT Elite Light Lager came to my attention
rivaling Michelob ultra with only 90 cal and 2.6 carbs.

There was no mention of where it was brewed
but the bottom of the carton
bore a silhouette of Texas
with a star about where I live.
So it has to be a Texas beer, right?
In the immortal words of Johnny Carson,
wrong hoppy breath.

Once before I had been fooled
by a beer with a big Texas Flag motif
but it was brewed in Memphis, Tennessee.
So I kept digging.

On the can next to another outline of Texas and a lone star
in bold print it says BORN AND RAISED.
Below that in print like the surgeon general warning
it says brewed and packaged in Verona, Wisconsin.
I've never been to that part of Texas.

This was getting my dander up
so I sought out the website and lo and behold
Eight Brewing company was founded by
former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman
and the all-malt brew is only available in Texas, so far.
https://www.texasmonthly.com/food/troy-aikman-new-beer

This time, I will let it slide.
And I have to admit Aikman did a good job
and created a very flavorful low carb brew
from organic grain.
(Is there any other kind?)

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and EIGHT Brewing Elite Light Lager

It is named for his jersey number.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

It's been a while but I spotted a new to me brew.
I have been avoiding all Anheuser Busch beers
over the recent controversy about Bud Light,
but my favorite pub here in Deep East Texas
now has a new waitress.
She is tall, broad shouldered and has a powerful build.
I give up.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Michelob Ultra Amber
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Me too, but that Ultra is a good beer!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

The calendars were sold out when I ordered this glass and six-pack.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Conservative Dad's Ultra Right 100% Woke-Free American Beer