Tool marks on clip for some new knives

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Michal O

Re: Tool marks on clip for some new knives

Post by Michal O »

My S30V Shaman has it too. IRL it's barely visible. I'm rather picky about finish issues, but that thing doesn't bother me. Most clips like that have some mark in that area. Also sometimes marks on edges after cutting with laser probably.
Current collection: Lil Temperance G10, Shaman, Lil Native, Massad Ayoob cruwear, Smock, Street Beat, Street Bowie, Para 3, PM2 purple G10 cruwear, Canis, Rhino, Endura 4 K390, Watu, Kapara, Amalgam, Sliverax, Police 4 se K390, Police 4 pe K390, Khukuri, Barong, Ulize.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageI just noticed marks on clip doing a mod , no biggie . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
CaptWiggum

Post by CaptWiggum »

Update: As several have added, and from several on other forums, these knives are legit, from several different authorized distributors. The marks are new, starting within the last couple years.

The question: How did Spyderco allow this? It looks like an awful QA failure. I thought it might be a barcode. But if it really is just tooling marks, then this I’m not up to Spyderco standards.

Just IMHO, and others say they don’t mind. But the mystery of an official factory explanation continues.

Spyderco Junkie. I live near the factory outlet!
“I wanted it extra sharp. Now I wear a lot of bandaids.” :eek:
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Kristi explained it on the previous page.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I think it was one of those issues that was less urgent than a few other issues Spyderco has been dealing with recently. Recall they had to let someone go over a big manufacturing mistake last year. Not to mention, but I will, all the COVID related issues all manufacturers had to deal with. Some tiny marks on the clip are pretty low priority. However, they have heard the complaints, responded appropriately, and are solving the issue.

I still kind of wish it was secret coding that when decoded was “Drink more Ovaltine”! 🤣
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

JRinFL wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:11 pm
I think it was one of those issues that was less urgent than a few other issues Spyderco has been dealing with recently. Recall they had to let someone go over a big manufacturing mistake last year. Not to mention, but I will, all the COVID related issues all manufacturers had to deal with. Some tiny marks on the clip are pretty low priority. However, they have heard the complaints, responded appropriately, and are solving the issue.

I still kind of wish it was secret coding that when decoded was “Drink more Ovaltine”! 🤣
You’ll cut your eye out.