S90V PM2 Teal and DLC

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Gtscotty

Re: S90V PM2 Teal and DLC

Post by Gtscotty »

Holy **** that's an ugly combo.

.... That said, I do want another Para 2, and really want some S90V, so I reckon I'll pick this one up. I'll probably dye the scales though, I wonder what color would go well over the teal?
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

PStone wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:58 pm
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:34 pm
What's wrong with coating a blade because it looks better? I mean I think it is actually functional on S90V, but I have black blade Salt knives. Cause it looks better. What's the problem?
No problem here. In fact I would say let’s see some coated S110V too. Could make it a Blurple/black sprint run series.
💯
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

I think it looks good and dont have a problem with the "panzy colored scales"

Is this a case of who smelt it, delt it?
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

I like the panzy colors, I really hope my balls don't fall off

I hope at some point we get a slightly darker teal. I like the sky blue, but it'll be dirt colored in a week

On the other hand, affordable s90v!
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the color combination. I don’t have a problem with with teal, I bought the teal VG-10 Delica when it came out just because of the color. Really the only color I wouldn’t buy is pink, however this is kind of my point. Just because one person doesn’t like a color combination doesn’t mean others won’t. Variety is the spice of life.

I will agree with those who say teal G-10 is going to get dirty very quickly. I had this problem on my Cutlery Shoppe Shaman with orange G 10, I used a magic eraser to clean my Shaman but The texture on the Shamans G-10 is much less aggressive than other models.

(edit for fluidity)
40 Spyderco knives in 11 different steels,
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
dlum1

Post by dlum1 »

GarageBoy wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:36 am
I like the panzy colors, I really hope my balls don't fall off
This cracked me up. Some people clearly believe that flashy colors disqualifies a tool as a user and serves as an affront to their manhood. For military personnel or hunters, I wouldn't recommend the scales. It's not exactly stealthy. But for someone who doesn't want to misplace their knife while out in the woods, this works great!

I love the color. Add a little dirt to the scales and it'll be perfect. As an added bonus, the DLC will soak up some oil and reduce the likelihood of rust. I once thought s30v was stainless enough without oil and introduced some pitting rust once. S90v is supposed to be on par with s30v's corrosion resistance, so I think the DLC is a nice touch.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

People are so sensitive around here these days, it's honestly nauseating...the shift is awful, and a big reason a lot of the regulars and long time forumites aren't around as much these days.

Again, I NEVER SAID ANYBODY IS A PANZY FOR LIKING THESE SCALES...I personally don't like any of the easter colored scales. There was a time over the past year or two where it seemed like every new knife dropped had some kind of pastel color to it, then it seems to have slowed. This one, with this combination popped up out of the blue and surprised me.

I can care less who likes it or doesn't. If you get it and you love it, good for you! I'm happy your money isn't wasted. All you guys correlating my comment about the color, into what I think of the people that carry it...you're just looking for problems apparently and talking out your a$$e$.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
dlum1

Post by dlum1 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:56 am
People are so sensitive around here these days, it's honestly nauseating...the shift is awful, and a big reason a lot of the regulars and long time forumites aren't around as much these days.

Again, I NEVER SAID ANYBODY IS A PANZY FOR LIKING THESE SCALES...I personally don't like any of the easter colored scales. There was a time over the past year or two where it seemed like every new knife dropped had some kind of pastel color to it, then it seems to have slowed. This one, with this combination popped up out of the blue and surprised me.

I can care less who likes it or doesn't. If you get it and you love it, good for you! I'm happy your money isn't wasted. All you guys correlating my comment about the color, into what I think of the people that carry it...you're just looking for problems apparently and talking out your a$$e$.
Let's take it down a notch, shall we? I think your juice-box retort helped open a can of worms you clearly did not intend to open. Water under the bridge.

I agree with you concerning the number of pastel-colored sprints. Personally, my favorite PM2 design of all time was the DLT green + dlc s90v run a little over a year ago (if I recall correctly). I still regret not pulling the trigger on that one. That was before I knew how nice s90v is in use.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

In stock at KnifeWorks... https://knifeworks.com/spyderco-para-mi ... 81gptlbk2/
Their knife photographer takes some pretty awesome pics

•• Beau
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

That color combo doesn't really do it for me. I would have liked a Storm Trooper version better. I'd be curious to see one in person, maybe the photos amp up the Teal color a bit.

One thing to remember is with users you don't see much of the color in hand anyway, so if you want it for the S90V I wouldn't stress on the color.

I've got an early S90V Para2 and it really got me going on S90V.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

:smiling-heart-eyes

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
Netherend

Post by Netherend »

Pm2 in s90v is an absolute win. That price is great for that steel and knife combo
Just one more knife...
Gtscotty

Post by Gtscotty »

Think the scales would take dark green dye very well? Does light colored G-10 dye well? Seems like most of the successful dye jobs I've seen have been FRN.

I don't love DLC, but it's ok, big thing is how often do PM2s in S90V come available? Not too often... Those scales with the blacked out hardware are just hideous, but if they'll dye dark green or dark blue, it could be nice. The price seems pretty reasonable for the steel.
nosuchagency

Post by nosuchagency »

couldn't hold back for properly blacked out s90v; have another set awt's for it inbound as well.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Definitely a good opportunity to score some all black hardware, liners, and S90V Blade. I happen to love the color, but if you don't, there are more aftermarket PM2 parts than for any knife I know of. Could be a great opportunity for custom scales.

Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

I like colors in general. One of those people who really struggle to pick favorites. High contrast combinations are often attractive to me and it’s probably because I love herpetology in which it’s common to consider specimens with high contrast to be especially beautiful.

I’m mostly happy to see this color of g10, though, because I have a design in my head of a Spyderco style knife that’s specifically meant to use this sort of colored g10 which I really like, but wondered if it’d even be possible.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
Haunted House

Post by Haunted House »

I don’t want to like it… but I like it.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Like the steel but prefer dark colored scales , blade coating is not an issue with me . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau