Fairly comprehensive list of Spyderos in movies, tv shows, etc

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Soanso McMasters

Re: Fairly comprehensive list of Spyderos in movies, tv shows, etc

Post by Soanso McMasters »

My 8 year old son spotted the Police in the Beastie Boys Sabotage video a few days ago when I was showing him some music videos from the 90s. I never noticed it. I’m raising him right!
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Soanso McMasters wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:01 pm
My 8 year old son spotted the Police in the Beastie Boys Sabotage video a few days ago when I was showing him some music videos from the 90s. I never noticed it. I’m raising him right!
Musically and edge related
Soanso McMasters

Post by Soanso McMasters »

twinboysdad wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:47 pm
Soanso McMasters wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:01 pm
Musically and edge related
Yes sir!
infinkc

Post by infinkc »

Just saw on the TV series Flash, season 8 Armageddon episode 5, the very end Mia pulls out a Spyderco model
James Y

Post by James Y »

I don’t know if this was mentioned, but Law and Order: Special Victims Unit has had various Spydercos throughout the years. Delica 3’s, possibly an Embassy or Citadel, and I think a bad guy once displayed a Dragonfly or other smaller-sized Spyderco model in a restaurant scene.

Jim
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

infinkc wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:20 pm
Just saw on the TV series Flash, season 8 Armageddon episode 5, the very end Mia pulls out a Spyderco model
It's a Para 3.
James Y

Post by James Y »

I just saw an episode of Chicago PD, in which a woman bad guy used a SE SS Spyderco Police as her weapon of choice, shown towards the end. As she held someone hostage with it, I could even see the end of the SS Police's tip-down clip.

Jim
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I was watching Star Trek Entreprise and just saw that, I immediately took a screenshot to share with the class !
It's season 4 episode 13.

Appears to be a tri-angle rod for the sharpmaker. Their marketing is strong, going up to Andoria!
Might be diamond, though it is hard to tell.

I copied this from the sharpening thread, thanks to Jsumm.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
James Y

Post by James Y »

Millennium was one of my all-time favorite shows. I remembered this scene; it first aired in 1997, around the time I bought my first Spyderco, a Delica. In this scene, a SE Delica 1 appears at approximately 1:12 for a few seconds, as the Frank Black character finishes using it to carve a Halloween pumpkin.

* EDIT to add: I just checked, and yes, this was mentioned on the list in the OP.

https://youtu.be/l44yv9scoK4

Jim
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Dunno if anyone already watched this in youtube, but it seems most US Marine F-35B Lightning II fighter pilots have a Pacific Salt in their gear loadout (labeled as a "survival knife" fittingly):

Pretty amazing! A Spyderco flying in America's most advanced fighter. :smlling-eyes

Here's the youtube link of the episode:

https://youtu.be/GNeuIeFnkuE
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

KnickKnackCity wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:15 pm
Anaconda is already posted but I think part of the fun of this thread is seeing the screen shots. Flipped the channel at the perfect time to catch this scene. Someone needs to school Cube on how to open that thing :p :spyder:

2016-08-29 22.13.01.jpg
Here is another shot with the Cube and his Delica SE (?).
He then draws it across his own neck
and puts the fru fru Jonathan Hyde character
Warren Westridge in his place 24 minutes in.
The blade is already open so we do not get to see how he opened it.

I'm only six years late.

1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

1:12 into the movie the Cube does one hand open it
to cut loose the Anaconda but gets tripped
and loses the knife overboard.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
James Y

Post by James Y »

I don't know how to do screen shots, so...

Here's the scene from Cliffhanger with the SE Endura 1. This clip contains a bit of strong language.

The knife is briefly visible from about 1:57:

https://youtu.be/hYlTZIklbmU

Jim
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Yeah that guy needed killin’. Anyone with that accent should call it futbol.
James Y

Post by James Y »

Point of No Return

At about 2:15, Harvey Keitel pulls out either a SS Standard or SS Delica.

https://youtu.be/eIJlL-RNwIk

Jim
max808

Post by max808 »

The Martian uses a Spydie to slice his potatoes. It looks like a spydiechef dressed up in a orange plastic jacket.
Martianprototype001.jpg
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

I could be wrong, I often am,
but I think what we may have there
is a Victorinox Hunter-Pro.
https://www.victorinox.com/us/en'&hv=/P ... /0.9411.M9
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

If no one has posted it yet.

Tv reality show 'Alone' season 1 last 10 minutes of the last episode of the season. The winner is back home with his family and cutting some wild mushrooms in his back yard with what looks like a VG-10 Endura Lightweight.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

The Harpy used by Anthony Hopkins, the cannibal in Hannibal,
has been mentioned before
but with some question about whether it is plain edge or serrated edge.
Difficult to say for sure, specially from a still picture
but when I watched it moving around in the light it looked serrated.
I think the teeth may have been blunted for safety reasons.

This picture is when Dr. Lecter is about to hang Detective Pazzi and asks,
"So, what's it to be? Bowels in or bowels out? Like Judas. Are you confused?"

Last edited by Mad Mac on Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Jennifer 8 is in the original list but that movie
probably provides one of the best looks at a Spyderco.
Detective John Taylor, the serial killer of blind girls,
opens the knife with that familiar click,
an early generation Police (the movie was made in 1992).
The serrated edge, swedge and hollow grind gleam
as he tilts and waves the blade in front of Uma Thurman's face
to see if she reacts, and then decides that she really is blind.