Has anyone used Wylaco Supply Company?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Retlawman590

Has anyone used Wylaco Supply Company?

Post by Retlawman590 »

Hi,

I was looking for a possibly a C-60 Ayoob (not a fan of the back lock though) or a Yojumbo in CPM 30V and WSC has both in stock. Has anyone ever ordered from this company? Thanks
DSH007

Re: Has anyone used Wylaco Supply Company?

Post by DSH007 »

I've personally never ordered from them, but they seem to have generally favorable reviews online and they are an authorized dealer listed on Spyderco's Dealer Locator. Based on this, I would be comfortable giving them a chance..

https://www.spyderco.com/resources/dealer-locator/
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I have ordered from them and they are good!
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Superflex

Post by Superflex »

Yes, they are good to go.
Free shipping and no tax for me is a bonus
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Superflex wrote: Yes, they are good to go.
JRinFL wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:48 am
Do they ship UPS or USPS with the free shipping?
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:40 pm
JRinFL wrote:
My last one came USPS, no tracking.
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

JRinFL wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:14 pm
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:40 pm
JRinFL wrote:
My last one came USPS, no tracking.
Against my better judgment to save $40-50 vs what it would cost me elsewhere with Tax and UPS shipping, I took a chance and ordered it. Hoping the knife gods smile kindly upon me and USPS doesn't botch this one. I will really feel like an idiot for shipping with them if it gets lost.

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Their shopping cart security software just kicked my order back. Likely because I use a privacy VPN. Oh well, I’ll keep waiting for another dealer to get some back in stock.

Ah, I was wrong. I was just too slow on the draw last one sold before my order went through. Customer service just let me know.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Retlawman590

Post by Retlawman590 »

Same here. I was going to order now and they are sold out! Oh well, my credit card is happy though. ;)
harpo1

Post by harpo1 »

Anyone who ordered get a shipping notice yet?
--Pete
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

harpo1 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:27 pm
Nope

harpo1

Post by harpo1 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:36 pm
harpo1 wrote:
Nope
I contacted them via email and was informed my order shipped yesterday via USPS. I have a USPS account and it shows nothing inbound from them. So I contacted them back and asked for a tracking number. I'll see what that let me know when they get back to me.
--Pete
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

harpo1 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:25 pm
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:36 pm
harpo1 wrote:
Nope
I contacted them via email and was informed my order shipped yesterday via USPS. I have a USPS account and it shows nothing inbound from them. So I contacted them back and asked for a tracking number. I'll see what that let me know when they get back to me.
Based on what JRinFL said about no tracking I wasn't expecting any. It would be nice.

Shipping and tracking are a big reason I don't often buy from anywhere but one of the well known knife shops. I like to ship UPS or FedEx 2day or next day, and I like to be able to track the progress.

That way the knife doesn't show up unexpectedly when I'm not here, or if it does get delayed, damaged, or lost I know immediately.

Everything is so expensive these days, and this knife is scarce, I saw an opportunity to get one and save a good chunk of change. Well see if I gambled and lost. I've not had the best of luck with USPS over the years.

JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Sign up for a USPS account and then for informed delivery. You’ll get some heads up even on untracked mail.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
harpo1

Post by harpo1 »

JRinFL wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:04 pm
Sign up for a USPS account and then for informed delivery. You’ll get some heads up even on untracked mail.
That's why I contacted them back because nothing is showing up in my account. I honestly think the person was full of it because 10 minutes later they updated my account to shipped. I have a feeling it will ship tomorrow and I'll be able to track it then.
--Pete
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

harpo1 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:36 pm
JRinFL wrote:
That's why I contacted them back because nothing is showing up in my account. I honestly think the person was full of it because 10 minutes later they updated my account to shipped. I have a feeling it will ship tomorrow and I'll be able to track it then.
I gave them a call this morning and they said my Order shipped out on Monday. Nothing showing up on my USPS informed delivery. I think USPS is just lagging. It'll probably show up in informed delivery the day it's out for delivery. I figure if it went out from Colorado on Monday it should be in San Diego by Friday at the latest. If it's not here by next Monday I'll call them back.

harpo1

Post by harpo1 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:49 am
harpo1 wrote:
JRinFL wrote:
I gave them a call this morning and they said my Order shipped out on Monday. Nothing showing up on my USPS informed delivery. I think USPS is just lagging. It'll probably show up in informed delivery the day it's out for delivery. I figure if it went out from Colorado on Monday it should be in San Diego by Friday at the latest. If it's not here by next Monday I'll call them back.
They told me the same. However, I finally got a straight answer out of them this morning. The customer service rep spoke with the shipping manager and these knives will ship out tomorrow. They created a shipping label for my order early this morning. I live near Sacramento and orders from Spyderco usually get to me in 2 days.
--Pete
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

harpo1 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:07 pm
ZrowsN1s wrote:
harpo1 wrote:
JRinFL wrote:
They told me the same. However, I finally got a straight answer out of them this morning. The customer service rep spoke with the shipping manager and these knives will ship out tomorrow. They created a shipping label for my order early this morning. I live near Sacramento and orders from Spyderco usually get to me in 2 days.
Thanks for the info. Hopefully when they do ship I'll get some sort of notice from USPS.

I should have just waited a day and ordered from BladeOps. This is what I get for being impatient and trying to save a buck. I knew better. Oh well, hopefully this is the only hiccup in the process.

harpo1

Post by harpo1 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:01 pm
harpo1 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:07 pm
ZrowsN1s wrote:
harpo1 wrote:

Thanks for the info. Hopefully when they do ship I'll get some sort of notice from USPS.

I should have just waited a day and ordered from BladeOps. This is what I get for being impatient and trying to save a buck. I knew better. Oh well, hopefully this is the only hiccup in the process.
I hear you. The shipping label they created is for priority mail. Doesn't matter for me because from that area of the country they ship by ground so 1st class and Priority always arrive in 2 days. Now I'm not sure about San Diego, they may put yours on a plane.

What gets me the most is the person yesterday guaranteeing me it shipped on Monday. Then when I questioned that because nothing was showing up on USPS he started back pedaling saying oh let me talk to the shipping manager. By the way he won't be back until tomorrow. This was at 1 pm their time. I see this type of behavior quite a bit. I just wish they'd be honest from the get go.
--Pete
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

harpo1 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:15 pm
..... I just wish they'd be honest from the get go.
💯
Ya, if they don't really know, they should just say so.