Blade HQ Shaman exclusive coming, green micarta and DLC steel? (M4)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Nuh Nups

Re: Blade HQ Shaman exclusive coming, green micarta and DLC steel? (M4)

Post by Nuh Nups »

Mine just arrived. I’m very happy with it. Great job Spyderco and Blade HQ.
ADC047F5-EAB0-4739-B81A-D8EC40972C54.jpeg
M.N.O.S.D. member 0026
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Man it looks so good! I hope they keep this combo going for other models.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

JSumm wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:53 pm
Man it looks so good! I hope they keep this combo going for other models.
This would be a very ideal combo for my first Native 5! That would easily get my money, so easily haha.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
T.J.

Post by T.J. »

Mine arrived today and it's pretty much perfect. Much better QC than the last M4/Micarta combo
It's shaving sharp as well.
Kleon

Post by Kleon »

Great picture Unified. Thanks for posting it!
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

I caved. 2 more available.

Edit: there must be ample stock because it is still in available, but I suspect the website has a 2 per cart limit.
Last edited by Brock O Lee on Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

the coated liners are pretty nice.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

TomahawkT10 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:00 pm
Looks awesome! The green looks a lot less green Micarta than I thought it would be! Or is that just because of the photos?
It will look darker and greener with use as oils from your hand get into the micarta. It's always a lighter color when it's new.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
TomahawkT10

Post by TomahawkT10 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:08 pm
TomahawkT10 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:00 pm
Looks awesome! The green looks a lot less green Micarta than I thought it would be! Or is that just because of the photos?
It will look darker and greener with use as oils from your hand get into the micarta. It's always a lighter color when it's new.
Thanks, that’s good to know! I’ve never owned micarta before so wondered how well it aged etc! Sounds like it will develop a nice patina with use, which is excellent.
mmadison

Post by mmadison »

Ok, the satin finished M4 green micarta BHQ Shaman flew off the shelves in less than a day (right?).

This DLC version is one of the very best looking ever, imo, and yet it remains for sale (5 days).

Did BHQ decide to order that many more with DLC than satin?

I have an extra BHQ M4 satin if anyone wants to swap for a knifecenter burlap. Am I allowed to say that in a post? Am I missing a buy-sell-trade section on this forum? I haven't found that.
TheGiant80

Post by TheGiant80 »

Man I need to stop buying knives. This one is a real beauty though.

A strange thing happened with BladeHQ; I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I ordered and paid for the knife the day it was released (which was Tuesday). I waited for tracking information but none came. On Friday I emailed asking about it, and a customer service rep said they fixed the issue and here's my tracking info. The shipping label was created on Friday. So does that mean they lost my order? If I hadn't sent that email, would my knife have just not shown up? I paid extra for quicker shipping to the frozen tundra of Canada and everything. Very strange..

Anyway, I'm stoked for this blade. Green micarta and a DLC blade is drool-worthy I'd say.
Wandering_About

Post by Wandering_About »

BladeHQ has been extremely unreliable in getting shipping emails out for me. Best thing to do is check your orders on your account (if you have one with them) and usually the shipping information is active within a day or so. I've had BladeHQ shipping emails show up after the knife has arrived at my house before.
Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Wandering_About wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:30 pm
BladeHQ has been extremely unreliable in getting shipping emails out for me. Best thing to do is check your orders on your account (if you have one with them) and usually the shipping information is active within a day or so. I've had BladeHQ shipping emails show up after the knife has arrived at my house before.
I've had mixed results from BHQ. And not had the best of luck with their 'free shipping'. My local USPS is so unreliable (lost or damaged 4 Amazon packages in just the last 3 weeks! Lost a few of my knives before too.) I just pay for Fed-Ex or UPS.

I paid for Fed-Ex with this one. Got a shipping notice within 2 hours. Was on a plane the next day, and on a truck to me within 40 minutes of it arriving here. Ordered at 10am on Tues, in hand by Noon Thursday. Worth the extra $10.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

Yeah Im all set with bhq and paying sales tax for an already expensive model. No thanks. Probably why they still available almost a week later. That and everyone has a shaman now with all the exclusives dropped this summer.
unified

Post by unified »

Can't believe this is still available after all this time
:bug-red Shaman #1 :bug-red
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

Man if it sticks around long enough I might get one, I have the satin version but honestly prefer this version. So here is to hoping.
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

This one is still available. With two new Shamans coming out I guess this will be here longer. It is the best looking of the three IMO. Now if they took 20% off as it seems be be selling slow...

But like everyone wondering if there will be a good looking K390 or MagnaCut version.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
crow2071

Post by crow2071 »

I think tax is an issue with the sales of this Shaman.
I would have probably bought one if it wasn't for that issue. Too many great online retailers that do not hit you with it. (all the online sellers that charge tax, sell things though Amazon and that's why they have tax. Amazon has warehouses in all states).
Last edited by crow2071 on Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

I'm trying to find a retailer that does NOT charge sales tax.... They are all starting to get it added, Colorado now adds a 27 cent fee for anything that gets delivered, pizza, groceries, amazon purchases etc. Since they cant make taxes without the peoples approval here, they are now adding "fees" to everything. I'm going to shut up before this turns into a rant/politics/etc.
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

crow2071 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:16 am
I think tax is an issue with the sales of this Shaman.
I would have probably bought one if it wasn't for that issue. Too many great online retailers that hit you with it. (all the online sellers that charge tax, sell things though Amazon and that's why they have tax. Amazon has warehouses in all states).
With tax it would be $275 shipped for me, that seem like a ton of money for what it is. Shipped for $225 would make me feel a lot better. But it seems like everything is going up in price.

I don't think BladeOps charges tax. So $275 vs $235 is a pretty big jump.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.