2023 Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JSumm

Re: 2023 Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by JSumm »

Love it! And agree with everything you said.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
PStone

Post by PStone »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:00 am
Deeply honored to be a little part of such a beautiful picture and storyline. Best regards to a beautiful couple that day , Dan
JSumm wrote:Love it! And agree with everything you said.
Thanks guys. That means a lot from you. Also hope the clip is a subtle enough shoutout to the lefties out there. ;)
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

PStone wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:42 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Deeply honored to be a little part of such a beautiful picture and storyline. Best regards to a beautiful couple that day , Dan
Thanks guys. That means a lot from you. Also hope the clip is a subtle enough shoutout to the lefties out there. ;)
Great picture, what is the blue background?

Whenever my 14 year old “lefty” son has trouble with a sport… I just tell him he is just using the wrong hand. Haha
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
PStone

Post by PStone »

WilliamMunny wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:13 am
PStone wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:42 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Great picture, what is the blue background?

Whenever my 14 year old “lefty” son has trouble with a sport… I just tell him he is just using the wrong hand. Haha
Thank you very much William!
:bug-red-white
The blue background is a big plastic bowl that we use as an ice bucket when we are hanging outside at home. And although I myself am a rightie, I love that Spyderco tries their best to make most of their designs usable for both camps.
Rusty_Shackelford

Post by Rusty_Shackelford »

D243DB33-E611-4139-9FAF-004F9BBA8788.jpeg
There are a lot of awesome submissions so far!

My picture is of a Spyderco Shaman during a recent camping trip. I used this knife for most food and fire prep tasks during the weekend. The red fungus and green moss caught my eye as I was walking through the campground just before dark.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Great picture, funny how one walks by something and think - Hey that could be a neat shot ! MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Rusty_Shackelford

Post by Rusty_Shackelford »

Thank you. Much appreciated. Kind of funny, but this wasn’t the most scenic location. It was actually just outside of the public restroom.
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

Rusty_Shackelford wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:15 pm
Thank you. Much appreciated. Kind of funny, but this wasn’t the most scenic location. It was actually just outside of the public restroom.
No wonder there is so much red fungus and green moss... Good looking picture.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Rusty_Shackelford wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:15 pm
That is so funny ! MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
KnOeFz

Post by KnOeFz »

Great to see the exitement and beautiful pics in this competition every year. :smlling-eyes

The competition is always in my summer holliday, the season for me to hike in some beautiful european country together with my girlfriend. Sharing a little bit with you guys every year with my competition pic.

Here's my entree for this year:

You see a PM2 in CPM S35VN steel with the brown G10 handles, Swiss cheese and some delicious fresh bread.
Picture is taken this summer when me and my girlfriend were hiking in Austria, climbing almost 1000m before we had this lunch.
Tried to capture the scenery but also what I use the knife for most, food preparation during hikes.

A little joke we made while making the picture:
What's the similarity between Spyderco's and Swiss cheese ?... The best is just around the hole ;)

Thanks to the Spyderco crew for the generosity and fun to organise this every year!
Goodluck to everyone :grin-smiling-eyes
Last edited by KnOeFz on Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
KnOeFz

Post by KnOeFz »

Do you get any feedback in your mail after uploading the image?
It sais uploaded but can't seem to doublecheck all the info I provided on the first page you get before uploading....
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

KnOeFz wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:11 am
It sais uploaded but can't seem to doublecheck all the info I provided on the first page you get before uploading....
I had the same issue. Once you go to the 2nd page and after upload there is a message that says something like the image was uploaded, but there is no done button or no confirmation. You can either close the browser or go back which makes it seem like you may undo it. I don't know, just trust that it went through.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
PStone

Post by PStone »

KnOeFz wrote:
I did not get any email confirmation. Just the upload successful message on the upload page.

Also, great picture!
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

KnOeFz wrote:
Same, no thank you or confirmation. Uploaded the picture then the info part all went away. I am guessing it worked otherwise there wont be too many pictures for the calendar.
Fly Fishing Rick

Post by Fly Fishing Rick »

I used the Chaparral for my submission because it's what I had on me when I decided to take the photo on my walk home after an evening of trout fishing. I only caught one fish but it was completely worth it, noting better than evening fly fishing! I almost always carry this knife because I consider it to be the perfect every day carry knife for me and it looks great and fits in my watch pocket.
-Jimmy
bwl2021

Post by bwl2021 »

A nice evening to you and an even nicer photo of it. Much luck. Greetings Johannes
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Maybe one of the best Chaparral pics we have ever seen.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Dang, there's so few days left ! Imma have to rush
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
huyfishin

Post by huyfishin »

I also might be a last minute submission. lol

haven't taken a photo just yet
I Play With Salt Knives / instagram huyfishin
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

Fly Fishing Rick wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:30 pm
I used the Chaparral for my submission because it's what I had on me when I decided to take the photo on my walk home after an evening of trout fishing. I only caught one fish but it was completely worth it, noting better than evening fly fishing! I almost always carry this knife because I consider it to be the perfect every day carry knife for me and it looks great and fits in my watch pocket.
Great picture, might be my favorite so far, including my own.

It’s really great how you kept so much detail with such strong back lighting. Well beyond my skill. If I tried the knife and post would be very dark.