Who else is looking forward to the K390 SE Endura?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Who else is looking forward to the K390 SE Endura?

Post by Doc Dan »

Double post
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

The teeth look so nice and uniform throughout the blade length. The Endura’s box says it was manufactured in Japan in July 2022.

These K390 SpyderEdge have been a very long time coming since they were revealed in January 2021. Now, I’m hoping the Endura is joined by the Delica and Endela very soon.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

I’m looking forward to this one.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
olywa

Post by olywa »

Dang, August is starting to give my wallet a real workout...
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Looks great , I will wait for a Wharnie. MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
cjk

Post by cjk »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:19 pm
Looks great , I will wait for a Wharnie. MG2
I am crossing my fingers that a PE K390 wharncliffe Endura is in the queue to be produced. :cheap-sunglasses
Brotherscinc0

Post by Brotherscinc0 »

I just ordered one from DLT Trading. I debated between plain edge k390, serrated k390, and a pacific salt 2 h1
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

I received mine today and I’m impressed!

I’ve really grown to enjoy the endura 4 and can’t seem to carry anything else over the last several months.

I’m looking forward to trying out K390 and a serrated edge in a supersteel. What I really like, first impression, is how far the serrations go to the tip. They are smaller than on my PS2 and this allows them to take up more space on the edge.

I planned on touching up on the fine and ultra fine sm stones but this thing is so sharp I didn’t even feel the need to strop it. Talk about a pocket chainsaw!

I opened up some blister packs tonight and did a push type cut with the first serration closest to the handle and the knife just sailed right through.

The pivot was a little tighter than I would like but it’s already loosening up. The handle color is also nice. A unique color that is more interesting than plain Jane black but not so much contrast to draw attention. This one is very well executed. I’m debating getting a second one now.
TheGiant80

Post by TheGiant80 »

I haven't even started using my plain edge K390 E4 but holy smokes those teeth look nice!
Brotherscinc0

Post by Brotherscinc0 »

I actually would prefer a little more plain edge towards the tip. I find combo edge most useful, but something like a 1/3 plain edge would be nice
on_the_edge

Post by on_the_edge »

Brotherscinc0 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:08 am
I actually would prefer a little more plain edge towards the tip. I find combo edge most useful, but something like a 1/3 plain edge would be nice
You can have a little more plain edge at the tip with the Police 4 LW K390 SE. More blade length, edge length, thinner blade stock, and finger choil to choke up on if you need to with the Police 4. IDK. At least for me, I am not sure what the attraction is of an Endura over the P4, unless maybe size is an issue.
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

on_the_edge wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:51 am
Brotherscinc0 wrote:
You can have a little more plain edge at the tip with the Police 4 LW K390 SE. More blade length, edge length, thinner blade stock, and finger choil to choke up on if you need to with the Police 4. IDK. At least for me, I am not sure what the attraction is of an Endura over the P4, unless maybe size is an issue.
For me, I enjoy the e4 handle better than the police. I like the location of the “bump”s on the e4 and the blade length is long enough for what I need out of a folder. If blade length was a bigger priority to me then I would look into the police but I don’t prefer the more neutral handle. I’m also finding out I like the Boyd dent on the e4 as it’s more intuitive for me to unlock.
metaphoricalsimile

Post by metaphoricalsimile »

on_the_edge wrote:
I don't even live in a state with size restrictions and the P4 is just over-the-top way too big for me.
Brotherscinc0

Post by Brotherscinc0 »

on_the_edge wrote:
Brotherscinc0 wrote:
The police 4 is just comically huge. I'm already known as the "knife guy" and having a monster like that in my pocket would just be ridiculous. The endura is plenty enough and very ergonomic
on_the_edge

Post by on_the_edge »

Brotherscinc0 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:08 am
on_the_edge wrote:
Brotherscinc0 wrote:
The police 4 is just comically huge. I'm already known as the "knife guy" and having a monster like that in my pocket would just be ridiculous. The endura is plenty enough and very ergonomic
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. The P4 is larger and as I said, may be too large for many. However, it has other attributes that IMHO make it better than the Endura if its size is not an issue. To each his own.
cjk

Post by cjk »

on_the_edge wrote:
Brotherscinc0 wrote:

The blade stock is thinner on a Police 4? I thought the Police and Endura both used the same 3mm blade stock.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

on_the_edge wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:02 am
Brotherscinc0 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:08 am
on_the_edge wrote:
Brotherscinc0 wrote:
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. The P4 is larger and as I said, may be too large for many. However, it has other attributes that IMHO make it better than the Endura if its size is not an issue. To each his own.
I like both and a big fan of Police models as others and consider it iconic and a very useful knife . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
olywa

Post by olywa »

Endura 4 is 3mm and Police 4 is 2.8mm. This surprised me as well.