Well that's a real bummer...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Fly Fishing Rick

Well that's a real bummer...

Post by Fly Fishing Rick »

I went to order a M4 Sage 5 from BladeHQ and they do not accept PayPal... I just finished paying off something else using their pay in 4 plan and thought it would be a good opportunity to get one before they're gone but I guess not. I guess I'll have to pick another model and shop elsewhere if I want to use PayPal. I rarely shop at BladeHQ anyway since they charge me sales tax, but I was interested in this exclusive, never had an M4 blade before.
-Jimmy
attila

Re: Well that's a real bummer...

Post by attila »

I’m pretty sure that they accept Discover, Mastercard, and Visa…
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Fly Fishing Rick

attila wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:11 am
I’m pretty sure that they accept Discover, Mastercard, and Visa…
Yes they do, but I wanted to use PayPal for their interest free credit option, I can't really afford the knife outright right now.
-Jimmy
Soulrack

Post by Soulrack »

DLT takes paypal. Blade HQ probably doesn't because some the weapons they sell violate some paypal rule...
Fly Fishing Rick

Soulrack wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:30 am
DLT takes paypal. Blade HQ probably doesn't because some the weapons they sell violate some paypal rule...
Thank you, I'll keep that in mind. I almost always order from Knives Plus when they have what I'm after, always had great service from them.
-Jimmy
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

A bunch of knife shops don’t accept PayPal, Venmo, or Diner’s Club. As the seller, they have the right to do what’s best for their business. Sometimes when I want to make an unnecessary purchase I get creative; I recommend trying a little ingenuity yourself.
Fly Fishing Rick

I respect every seller's right to conduct transactions any way they like. I was just surprised that such a large well respected retailer doesn't offer something as common and popular as PayPal. I hadn't considered that it could be due to PayPal rules though.
-Jimmy
Brotherscinc0

Post by Brotherscinc0 »

I think this is your sign telling you that you simply cannot afford it and therefore should not buy it. However I know these words will fall on deaf ears lol
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

BHQ is on my no-buy list as they force you to store your CC information, but have proven record of not protecting said information properly. There is a thread about it in the Off Topic section, several pages back now. It has saved me countless dollars since I stopped using them after my CC info was stolen.

For those willing to deal with them, your best bet is to buy Amex or Visa gift cards and use those instead. Or if your CC allows you to create single use CC numbers.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Knives violate PayPal's acceptable use policy.

If you agree with the prohibition of knife sales,
then by all means, continue to use PayPal.
Fly Fishing Rick

JRinFL wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:20 am
BHQ is on my no-buy list as they force you to store your CC information, but have proven record of not protecting said information properly. There is a thread about it in the Off Topic section, several pages back now. It has saved me countless dollars since I stopped using them after my CC info was stolen.

For those willing to deal with them, your best bet is to buy Amex or Visa gift cards and use those instead. Or if your CC allows you to create single use CC numbers.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to use precautions if I order from them in the future.
-Jimmy
Bub360

Post by Bub360 »

You can buy knives at BHQ with their layaway plan, breaking it up between 2,3 or even 4 payments but the knife must be over $200 which the shaman is. But they won’t ship it until paid in full.
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Brotherscinc0 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:07 am
I think this is your sign telling you that you simply cannot afford it and therefore should not buy it. However I know these words will fall on deaf ears lol
After I read the 3rd post in this thread, I was hoping I wasn’t gonna be the one to say it. Wise words, I hope they’re read and contemplated carefully. It’s a slippery slope!
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

RustyIron wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:25 am

The funny thing is, about 90% of the money I've spent via PayPal has been for knives. Go figure.
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

I guess because he wanted to buy a Spyderco, this counts as "Spyderco General Discussion?"
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Use Wise instead of PayPal.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

prndltech wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:46 pm
Brotherscinc0 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:07 am
After I read the 3rd post in this thread, I was hoping I wasn’t gonna be the one to say it. Wise words, I hope they’re read and contemplated carefully. It’s a slippery slope!
There will always be another knife.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Nick D. Fingerz

Post by Nick D. Fingerz »

RustyIron wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:25 am

Never heard of that before. I've bought many knives from dealers, using PayPal.