Ambitious G-10 - Steel

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bemo

Re: Ambitious G-10 - Steel

Post by Bemo »

If 'won't be afraid to lose it' is your design envelope, then I'd go with Tenacious/Persistence or even the Byrd Harrier 2 (wharnie is my favorite). I love the Acyone (have 2) but their price is basically almost twice that of the Persistance in 8crmov. The Alcyone feels great in the hand though. You can really tell Eric's design style (Tenacious/Persistence family) versus Sal's (Polestar/Alcyone).
WilliamMunny

Re: Ambitious G-10 - Steel

Post by WilliamMunny »

First that you all for the help. I finally went with the Alcyone in the new BD1N steel. I hope I some how I get the older textured grey G-10 scales that were on the BD1 version. Seems they are nicer than the new more basic scales and there were some out there during a transition.

It was about $20 more expensive than the Persistence or Efficient but it’s a bit nicer knife with a bit better steel so I think it’s worth it. It’s a bit bigger than I was originally looking for but over an inch smaller than my Manix that I currently travel with and will be more useful than a 2.25” blade when not traveling. Also while I would hate to lost a $75 knife it’s much better than losing my much more expensive Manix.

The final push on this knife was actually Sal, he speaks extremely highly on these forums of it including noting while it’s made it China it’s one of their best manufacturing plants. Thanks again.

I think I got lucky and got the last one as they are now out of stock.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.