Any news on more Kapara goodness?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vilePossum

Re: Any news on more Kapara goodness?

Post by vilePossum »

@GSG9 I fear you are pretty spot on and you are probably checking the same shops as me.
mreagan

Post by mreagan »

JRinFL wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:55 pm
The CF scales are grippy enough for almost any use outside of the most extreme. You’d think the scales were oiled glass with they way they are described.
It has slipped on me once. I would much rather have jimping on the blades finger choil and above the spydie hole (which would make it less a gentleman's knife), but since I'm not going to add that myself, I can improve grip with a scale swap perhaps...
Matt

:bug-red-white , Watu, PM2 Crucarta, Shaman, Caribbean, SpydieChef, Ikuchi, Chaparral, Manix 2, Native 5, Siren, Delica 4, Kapara, Manix 2 Maxamet, Raven 2
CAD

Post by CAD »

I carry my Kapara about 90% of the time…love it!
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Total silence about the Lil’Kapara ! My most anticipated knife in years ! I keep hoping that Sal will throw us a bone.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
brj

Post by brj »

Ahh, yes, the Kapara. One of the (very) few Spydercos I still carry and enjoy as it predates 'the great para-fication of choils of 2020/21 and ongoing'. I'm also solidly in the 'grippy enough' camp. Pictured below one of my favorite carry combos.

Road Tripper

Post by Road Tripper »

On paper, the Kapara seemed a perfect knife for me, and I do like it, but as others have said I found the handle a bit slippery. I recently put on a set of denim micarta scales from RGT and it's improved things from my perspective. The Kapara's become a favorite carry now.

Thanks to JRInFL for the tip on closing the knife while holding horizontally.
Gtscotty

Post by Gtscotty »

My Kapara is probably my favorite Spyderco of all, nice materials, excellent action, comp lock, plenty of length but doesn't hog pocket space like the Manix and even Paras. We definitely need more Kapara variants, it's probably the most underserved design in the lineup.
CAD

Post by CAD »

Gtscotty wrote: My Kapara is probably my favorite Spyderco of all, nice materials, excellent action, comp lock, plenty of length but doesn't hog pocket space like the Manix and even Paras. We definitely need more Kapara variants, it's probably the most underserved design in the lineup.
:index-finger What he said :index-finger
vilePossum

Post by vilePossum »

I actually have no clue about grippy enough or not... No hard work done with mine for now. So I guess grippy enough. Still, I want to order some RGT micarta scales for it... Then always hesitate when I see the shipping costs and think about the taxes lol.
As others have mentioned, it also carries very nice, the package is just great.
I really hoping that this whole sprint run/para limited editions/quick buck mentality will fade soon and there will be more focus again on expanding on a solid base of designs including the Kapara.
For me it remains on of the best custom based production models and Spyderco model overall.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

brj’s picture makes me want to buy a second one. Such an excellent design and execution.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001