Titanium ATR value?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Glockjock

Titanium ATR value?

Post by Glockjock »

What is a ballpark current going price for these NIB if one can even be found?
Michael Janich

Re: Titanium ATR value?

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Glockjock:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

Tree-fiddy
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Glockjock wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:43 am
What is a ballpark current going price for these NIB if one can even be found?
Well all of that depends on a few factors. Is your Ti ATR a plain edge or a serrated? Do you have the original factory box with it? Is it in "mint"/factory condition or is it used?

It's going to boil down to the old adage "It's Worth What Someone Is Willing To Pay For It?

If it were mine I would start the bidding at $199.99 and go from there. Are you trying to sell it on one of the main auction sites or Bladeforums "exchange" section or to someone at random?

There are so many factors involved when selling an old Spyderco that has true collector value. And yes the Ti ATR does indeed have a lot of collector appeal. However with present turbulence in the USA economy that might hinder what you ultimately get for it. Again Start the bidding at $199.99 and see what happens is the best I can tell you at this point.
TheGiant80

Post by TheGiant80 »

Hopsbreath wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:37 am
Tree-fiddy
I needed a laugh today. Cheers to you!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

These old knives are so seldom seen it’s just demand v supply. The right mix of obsessed people I could see over $400. I would be shocked at less than $250. Set a reserve and let it fly if you want.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I peeked at eBay and they only had the SS model for sale and to be honest was shocked at prices . If it’s for collecting and not using, go with what your heart and wallet can handle. If a user I would look for a lightly used model . I’ve had all three models and the ATR2 worked for me the best and still carry it . Hope you find one and post it sometime . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Blerv wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:43 pm
These old knives are so seldom seen it’s just demand v supply. The right mix of obsessed people I could see over $400. I would be shocked at less than $250. Set a reserve and let it fly if you want.
Yeah that's just really close to what I've been thinking price-wise. Especially the Titanium version being as hard to find as it is. There are so many latecomers to the Spyderco collectors gang that a 2003-04 era classic like the Ti ATR would be a huge addition to most any collection. Even if the unit is used I'm thinking you could still get between $150-200 because there are a lot of Spyderheads like myself that would love one in their user's arsenal. I'm not in the market myself because all my loose cash is currently waiting for the C-60 Ayoob Sprint Run to drop.

If they could list it on fleabay during a hot market I think that a Ti ATR could go as high as $500 if you were to find the right person who wanted it bad enough. That would probably be the best case scenario. I still can't believe that "Cranberry Lum" went for over $1200 +!! Yeah the Stainless ATR is 5 times easier to find than the Ti ATR is.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I just saw listed on a dealers site a Ti ATR SE numbered close to $500 range new in box . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau