Caly 3.5 zdp/cf

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ChrisinHove

Caly 3.5 zdp/cf

Post by ChrisinHove »

Old hat, I know….

I just received one of Moki’s finest and it is a beauty! Absolutely flawless. The cf really does elevate the Caly.

The ergo’s and superb blade/handle ratio were a given, having had a g10 version, but the fit and finish here are as good as anything (with the known, possible exception of the crisp hole/liner edges, that some dislike but I don’t).

Anyone still carry theirs?
JSumm

Re: Caly 3.5 zdp/cf

Post by JSumm »

Few days a week, most weeks.

I am excited for a lightweight to come into production. Maybe even get some steel variants for that one. I would also think it cool to see the G10 version comeback. VG-10 would be great.

It is really the only model that I would consider collecting different variants.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm pockets his 3.5 quite often . I have the first run of the CF 3 but only carry it formally so not in my pocket very often . The fit and finish on mine is stellar and edge is one of my best examples from Spyderco. I have handled the 3.5 and appreciate the extra length of the handle and how well it feels in hand , very natural . Sounds like you have a keeper . Regards MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Tristan_david2001

Post by Tristan_david2001 »

It’s gone in my pocket and been used every day since I got it. I’m very proud to own one, it is a pure gem.
:bug-red-white
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I already love the CF Caly3. The 3.5 is just more goodness in a closed size very close to the 3.

I hope the new LW has steel liners just for the stiffness. I don't think they are any stronger, but I like the way it makes the knife stiffer and balance better (though I do like linerless knives done right). If it has liners, I might be done buying knives. The Caly is that good.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Meadowlark

Post by Meadowlark »

Doc Dan wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:27 am
I already love the CF Caly3. The 3.5 is just more goodness in a closed size very close to the 3.

I hope the new LW has steel liners just for the stiffness. I don't think they are any stronger, but I like the way it makes the knife stiffer and balance better (though I do like linerless knives done right). If it has liners, I might be done buying knives. The Caly is that good.

Yes, that's been my exact thought, too, doc.

Can't wait!
Matt Deaner

Post by Matt Deaner »

It's one of my favorite knives. I carry mine often. The ergos are stellar.
z1r

Post by z1r »

Love my CF, it is so elegant. I'd love a LW version though, just because.

Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I carry mine but not often enough
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Meadowlark wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 11:34 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 8:27 am

Yes, that's been my exact thought, too, doc.

Can't wait!
Me either.

The Caly3 is the one that brought me back to Spyderco because it was so good. I was looking to replace a Leek as a go to pocket knife. My criteria were that it had to be the same size, had to have a better lock, no assisted opening, a bias to close, a back lock, and better build quality. The Caly3 ticked every box.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Roefisher

Post by Roefisher »

:
“You just made me have a bowel movement in my britches, Garrett. I ain't gonna never forgive you for this.”