Sage LW Wharnie

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bemo

Sage LW Wharnie

Post by Bemo »

My favorite designs are the Caly, the Native 5, and the Sage. My favorite blade design is the Wharnie. So.... I think a Wharnie Sage LW would just be killer. What do folks think?
kobold

Re: Sage LW Wharnie

Post by kobold »

A Ti-framelock (Sage 2) wharnie in this size would hit the spot.
Military/PM2/P3 Native Chief/Native GB2 DF2 PITS Chaparral Tasman Salt 2 SE Caribbean Sheepfoot SE SpydieChef Swayback Manix2 Sage 1 SSS Stretch 2 XL G10
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Maybe another line? The Sage is keeping everything the same except the lock on each variation. That would kill the concept of the knife imho
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
PocketShredder

Post by PocketShredder »

Ramonade wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:29 am
Maybe another line? The Sage is keeping everything the same except the lock on each variation. That would kill the concept of the knife imho
Maybe there could be a separate line of knives, similar to the Sage and Chaparral projects, that uses the same base pattern but features different blade shapes?
Image:bug-red-white
"All God's critters have knives."
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

PocketShredder wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:31 am
Ramonade wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:29 am
Maybe there could be a separate line of knives, similar to the Sage and Chaparral projects, that uses the same base pattern but features different blade shapes?
Maybe, I'm pretty sure Sal and/or Eric have numerous designs with wharncliffe either in the head or on paper somewhere !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

I like wharnies in comparably short blades, and I think I´d really like the Sage 5 LW.

So: Yes!... but coming in SE too... :smirk
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)