StNicksKnives Native Chief in Black CPM 4V and Red G10

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SG89

Re: StNicksKnives Native Chief in Black CPM 4V and Red G10

Post by SG89 »

I sanded the scales.Image
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

vivi wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:10 pm
SG89 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:45 pm
Buddafucco wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:06 pm
SG89 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:25 pm
The pup approves

I remember your "the ladybug is a full size knife" thread... Where's the in hand pic with the Chief? :beaming-face
Here ya go lol

lol I had to.

on a serious note, everyones knife preferences make a lot more sense when you know their hand size. I laugh when I hear people call the Chief a pocket sword, because for me its a "regular sized" knife, but for others it really does look like a pocket sword.
I'm only 5'-8.5" and getting shorter every day at 61. My hands are a bit on the meaty side. As long as the grip is "good" I'm good to go no matter how large or small the handle is. Smaller handles are more trouble than larger handles for me.

My Secret Santa tells me that our knives are in, but he has to make arrangements to pick the knives up. Looking fwd to seeing this medium sized knife up close. Large folders for me don't start until 4.75 inch blades.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

SG89 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:17 pm
I sanded the scales.Image
Looks better
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
James Y

Post by James Y »

I’m 5’ 9” and about 180 pounds, with only medium-sized hands, but my Chief feels just right in my hand. It doesn’t feel like a pocket sword to me. Even the Police 4 LWT, which is bigger than either the Chief or the Military, feels comfortable in my hand. I suspect it may be more about what people are accustomed to than hand size(?).

Jim
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Washer was inadvertently glued to the scale due to loctite spillage and each threaded "hole" (everything but the clip screw insert holes was solid loctite) Didn't get a pic but the pivot bushing inside was a solid sheet of blue loctite. These are not gripes just observations. Image
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Superflex

Post by Superflex »

Ugh. My NC seems to be lost in USPS ****. No update for 3 days after it’s departure from Birmingham AL.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Superflex wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:25 am
Ugh. My NC seems to be lost in USPS ****. No update for 3 days after it’s departure from Birmingham AL.
I feel your pain! Mine said out for delivery all day Tuesday. Expected delivery was 7:45 pm. Our mail has been coming really late to the time didn't really surprise me. About 7:20 I heard the mail truck on the street outside. I went out to check the mail and there was nothing from SNK. Yesterday morning I woke up and had new info from SNK regarding the tracking. Checked the tracking and it said my package reached the post office at 9:15 pm the night before and I can pick it up there. Huh? So after I got home from work yesterday I was wondering if I should drive over to the PO. Then I saw the mail truck coming up the street. Sure enough, my knife was dropped off this time.

It's really nice too but it's a pocket sword just like I thought. It's cool and all but I'm not sure I'll carry it. We'll see....
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:17 pm
Superflex wrote:
I feel your pain! Mine said out for delivery all day Tuesday. Expected delivery was 7:45 pm. Our mail has been coming really late to the time didn't really surprise me. About 7:20 I heard the mail truck on the street outside. I went out to check the mail and there was nothing from SNK. Yesterday morning I woke up and had new info from SNK regarding the tracking. Checked the tracking and it said my package reached the post office at 9:15 pm the night before and I can pick it up there. Huh? So after I got home from work yesterday I was wondering if I should drive over to the PO. Then I saw the mail truck coming up the street. Sure enough, my knife was dropped off this time.

It's really nice too but it's a pocket sword just like I thought. It's cool and all but I'm not sure I'll carry it. We'll see....
The size grows on you. Soon your other knives will feel small.

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
sovereign

Post by sovereign »

Superflex wrote:
5 days and no update since arrival in Birmingham AL. No more government holidays.
FourStringFiend

Post by FourStringFiend »

sovereign wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:01 pm
Superflex wrote:
5 days and no update since arrival in Birmingham AL. No more government holidays.
Same here. Mine was supposed to be out for delivery today
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Can't be any worse than taking 6 days to get a knife from Connecticut to New York :eye-roll :cussing

Yet I shipped one from New York to Florida on Tuesday and it's already out for delivery!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:07 pm
Can't be any worse than taking 6 days to get a knife from Connecticut to New York :eye-roll :cussing

Yet I shipped one from New York to Florida on Tuesday and it's already out for delivery!
And it had to travel northeast to reach the final destination in the south! USPS is almost broken beyond repair now.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:31 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Superflex wrote:

I have no desire to carry a knife that big
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Geez, I'm glad I paid for the upgraded shipping.
I have good luck with fedex/ups here. USPS has lost a few of my knives.

Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Superflex wrote:
I literally just got mine and I was feeling the same. It just shows up no updates.
MRj “Weak things break!”
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:31 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Superflex wrote:

I have all of the Native Chiefs so far except for the S30V model, and I have been carrying my S90V model since they released them. To me it is a decent medium sized folder. I plan to collect all of them.

A Native Chief XL with a 5 inch blade would be a bit bigger but at the bottom of what I'd consider a large folder. I'd like the Native Chief XL to be produced but we have to convince @Sal and @Eric that enough of us want one for it to be produced. I think that the XL would be a great knife and sell with no problems.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

You know Im in for the XL

lilshaver

Post by lilshaver »

Depending on just how big it was I fear it would be like an elephant as a house pet. A nice animal but a little much for the lodging. I also think sales might lag because of this like the Tatanka in the past.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Anybody not sure of their knife, feel free to shoot me a PM!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Nuh Nups

Post by Nuh Nups »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:56 am
Anybody not sure of their knife, feel free to shoot me a PM!
I’m still on the fence about the Chief platform. The ergonomics are perfect, it is a real workhorse and an excellent slicer. However, it isn’t very “flicky,” fidgety, or “drop-shutty.” Aren’t those your favorite qualities in a knife? LOL. Sorry bud. I had to go there. :rofl
M.N.O.S.D. member 0026