Siren in MagnaCut?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Catamount123

Siren in MagnaCut?

Post by Catamount123 »

Since :bug-red-white has deemed MagnaCut Salt-worthy, I wonder if, after they have resolved the lock issues, they might switch the Siren over to MagnaCut?

Maybe they could also switch the handle over to yellow or orange?
I don't get people who only carry one knife :thinking ;)
Matus

Re: Siren in MagnaCut?

Post by Matus »

YES and YES !
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

I'd like to read Gringo's experience with MagnaCut first...
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

The problem of the Siren’s lock—on mine particularly, even if only hinted—is of more immediate interest to me.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
SpyderLine

Post by SpyderLine »

I'd be all for a CQI Siren in MagnaCut!
Current Top 3
Kapara, Native 5, Pacific Salt 2
M.N.O.S.D #0034

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
-Theodore Roosevelt
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I have a MagnaCut mule arriving here soon and I plan to do some extensive saltwater and corrosion testing on it. I was as surprised as anyone to see the Native Salt in MagnaCut. Spyderco takes their Salt line pretty seriously and I’m pretty sure they would not have just slapped a MagnaCut blade in there without doing a lot of testing and seeing solid results.

I cannot speak to Spyderco’s plans but if I’m happy with the steel’s performance I would be willing to commission a large exclusive of both the Siren and the Waterway using MagnaCut. Handle material, color and texture would be open for discussion. I don’t know yet what I think of the steel and I don’t think Spyderco is even taking on new exclusives right now, so…I’m not saying anything…I’m just saying. :cheap-sunglasses
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Surfingringo wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:48 pm
I have a MagnaCut mule arriving here soon and I plan to do some extensive saltwater and corrosion testing on it. I was as surprised as anyone to see the Native Salt in MagnaCut. Spyderco takes their Salt line pretty seriously and I’m pretty sure they would not have just slapped a MagnaCut blade in there without doing a lot of testing and seeing solid results.

I cannot speak to Spyderco’s plans but if I’m happy with the steel’s performance I would be willing to commission a large exclusive of both the Siren and the Waterway using MagnaCut. Handle material, color and texture would be open for discussion. I don’t know yet what I think of the steel and I don’t think Spyderco is even taking on new exclusives right now, so…I’m not saying anything…I’m just saying. :cheap-sunglasses
One the most anticipated users test people are waiting for.

Exclusive Siren(CQI'd) and Waterway, yes please!
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

I wouldn't mind Sirens in a variety of steels.
amateur blacksmith

Post by amateur blacksmith »

I would also like to see the Waterway in this Steel. For that matter Caribbean too.