Vasilli - apology

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TkoK83Spy

Re: Vasilli - apology

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Don't worry Sal, we've got your back. Just as most of us assumed, this thread was your last ditch effort to reach out to Vasilli. Your good intentions were not missed.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

Road Tripper wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:44 pm
The class that Sal demonstrates is one of the reasons I like to support Spyderco.
This, exactly. A shame this integrity is so rare as to be remarkable.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

I doubt if Nozh2002 is around much assuming that’s Vasilli. Last post here was in January 2014, last video on YouTube was in August 2015 and last post on BladeForums in July 2011 (all under the same Nozh2002 name).

There’s also this thread started by Sal in October 2011: Dear Mr. Nozh2002
The Recall Thread from September 2011: MT12P Cru-Wear Mule Team Recall - Answers
Last edited by RamZar on Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Deadboxhero

Post by Deadboxhero »

RamZar wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:50 am
I doubt if Nozh2002 is around much assuming that’s Vasilli. Last post here was in January 2014, last video on YouTube was in August 2015 and last post on BladeForums in July 2011 (all under the same Nozh2002 name).

There’s also this thread started by Sal in October 2011: Dear Mr. Nozh2002

Yea, he left the knife world some time ago. Moved on
Big Brown Bear
https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston
Triple B Handmade Knives
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Whatever we think about what led to that altercation it’s not down to us.

When it comes to a sincere apology it is always better late than never, and sometimes you think the sack-cloth & ashes approach is needed, even if onlookers don’t, or find it uncomfortable to witness.

Anyone who thinks they have never needed to apologise needs to take a long hard look at themselves.
KnifusMaximus

Post by KnifusMaximus »

I apologize if I offended anyone. It's easy to say things on the internet....
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Its easy to get carried away too. I personally understand that it could be seen as a PR move, but this is the knife community.
It's already a relatively small community and the message is on an even smaller and more private forum !
And I say all of that without considering the company or the man writing this message lol.

We are far from Total or YouTuber levels of apologies !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

KnifusMaximus wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:26 am
The next time you feel yourself getting angry at something you see on the internet, don't even respond. Just take a deep breath, stand up, and walk the **** away.

That's what I did when I saw your response, because what would have been the point to responding with the same anger and animosity? There wasn't one. It would have just led to another pointless round of bickering, over a matter that doesn't concern either one of us.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I don’t need your apology, that should go to Sal . If it is so easy to say things on the internet then man up and send a PM the the one you insulted . I suggest to all we move on to positive things on the Forum and let this poop storm die on the vine . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

KnifusMaximus wrote:
It takes a lot to apologize. This is a forgiving bunch here. Some of our prominent members have come in at first with guns blazing. It’s water under the bridge as far as I’m concerned. Nowhere to go from here but forward.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:46 am
KnifusMaximus wrote:
It takes a lot to apologize. This is a forgiving bunch here. Some of our prominent members have come in at first with guns blazing. It’s water under the bridge as far as I’m concerned. Nowhere to go from here but forward.
This is the truth. I'm definitely one of those members.

KnifeusMaximus - I was actually banned myself 4-5 years ago from this forum under a different user name. Battling my own demons and for whatever reason felt it was ok to unleash it on members here. I was very lucky to be allowed back after basically pleading that I'll be a better member (though I know I can still be brash and abrasive at times) But, I came back and made amends with the members I did wrong. Guess what...those members have become some of my favorite people around here these days and we all get along great! This really is a great place to hang out, and take it from me...you don't want the ban hammer. I've learned so much and have developed some great friendships and banter with many people here since being allowed back and I am extremely grateful for that!

Apologizing is definitely the right start, keep it up from here!...and maybe not go after the owner of the company on his own forum ;)
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Alexander135

Post by Alexander135 »

I might not have much forum presence, but I've been a lurker for about 15 years. Spyderco's openness and integrity is what keeps me coming back and why 80%+ of my knives are Spydercos. Good on ya Sal. Hopefully Vasilli gets the message.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

KnifusMaximus wrote:
This type of behavior has been consistent with you and a large portion of the forum is aware of it now. Your disrespectful behavior was not tolerated in this thread and it will not be tolerated in the future either. You will be called out every time.
-Nick :bug-red
KnifusMaximus

Post by KnifusMaximus »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:08 am
KnifusMaximus wrote:
This type of behavior has been consistent with you and a large portion of the forum is aware of it now. Your disrespectful behavior was not tolerated in this thread and it will not be tolerated in the future either. You will be called out every time.
You are not an authority figure outside of your own mind. You are not the judge of what is to be tolerated in this world. People like you are pathetic losers. No apology for you.
KnifusMaximus

Post by KnifusMaximus »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:33 am
I don’t need your apology, that should go to Sal . If it is so easy to say things on the internet then man up and send a PM the the one you insulted . I suggest to all we move on to positive things on the Forum and let this poop storm die on the vine . MG2
That's pretty much what I said to Sal and all you losers got upset.
KnifusMaximus

Post by KnifusMaximus »

StuntZombie wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:04 am
KnifusMaximus wrote:
The next time you feel yourself getting angry at something you see on the internet, don't even respond. Just take a deep breath, stand up, and walk the **** away.

That's what I did when I saw your response, because what would have been the point to responding with the same anger and animosity? There wasn't one. It would have just led to another pointless round of bickering, over a matter that doesn't concern either one of us.

You were only upset because you knew I was right.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

I think Rick (TkoK83Spy) had a very thoughtful post. Thanks for opening up about that. I am sure we can all learn from what you shared.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

KnifusMaximus wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:29 am
Mushroom wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:08 am
KnifusMaximus wrote:
You are not an authority figure outside of your own mind. You are not the judge of what is to be tolerated in this world. People like you are pathetic losers. No apology for you.
Exactly what I expected, more disrespect.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:46 am
KnifusMaximus wrote:
He clearly didn’t mean it. He told us how easy it is to just say things on the internet. All he had to do was type out six words, how hard was that.

His response to Sal though, he meant that. That was a long, thought out, multiple paragraph, response he had for Sal and he stood by it. He didn’t apologize for saying what he said to Sal. He apologized if he offended anyone. Big deal… straw man apology as far as I can see.
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

I don't even know what original offense Sal is apologizing for. I do not care either.
But I do like watching people dig holes for themselves. :fireworks

I've started to embrace this a lot lately:
"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play."