What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mikey177

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Post by mikey177 »

Brouwer
Attachments
brouwer 03.jpg
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

tonijedi wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:28 pm
PeaceInOurTime wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:37 am
I miss those (the beef jerky). Since the American shop closed here where I live, probably 4 or 5 years ago, that I don't have any of it :winking-tongue

I like Jack Links. This was the first time I've had their "rotisserie chicken" jerky. It was also tasty 😁
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

PeaceInOurTime wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:16 pm
tonijedi wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:28 pm
PeaceInOurTime wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:37 am
I miss those (the beef jerky). Since the American shop closed here where I live, probably 4 or 5 years ago, that I don't have any of it :winking-tongue

I like Jack Links. This was the first time I've had their "rotisserie chicken" jerky. It was also tasty 😁
I think I never had that, but from my (limited) experience, Jack Link's is the real deal.
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Native Chief/Rex45 Sprint Run

15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Pig Iron

Post by Pig Iron »

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Pretty cool thing just happened here at work. I was sitting in my office, here on the forum and a newer maintenance guy popped in and asked if he could borrow my forklift for a bit. He says "ohh you like Spyderco?" I say "yes, I've got a few of them" He then says "let's see if you know this one" and hides his handle and just folds out the blade...this was VERY EASY for me...I see that familiar leaf shape that I absolutely love, and I know that sound of the blade clicking into place. I see S110V on the blade and say "that's a G10 Manix with the blue/purple scales" He looks at me, stunned...of course it was!!

I laughed and told him the G10 Manix is a top 2 model favorite model of mine and that I had 6 of them at one point. I pulled out my Native Chief and showed it to him. Glad to see another Spyderco fan around the mill!!

-Rick
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

I love this knife
Attachments
Blade swapped Lightweight
Blade swapped Lightweight
MRj “Weak things break!”
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Chinook 2 today , blade polish and lube maintenance. MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Wandering_About

Post by Wandering_About »

Today I'm craving inhuman levels of edge retention.

Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

vivi

Post by vivi »

freshly sharpened.

:unicorn
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

DLT blade Endela wearing the K390 scales.
Attachments
endela blade swap 02.jpg
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:38 pm
Pretty cool thing just happened here at work. I was sitting in my office, here on the forum and a newer maintenance guy popped in and asked if he could borrow my forklift for a bit. He says "ohh you like Spyderco?" I say "yes, I've got a few of them" He then says "let's see if you know this one" and hides his handle and just folds out the blade...this was VERY EASY for me...I see that familiar leaf shape that I absolutely love, and I know that sound of the blade clicking into place. I see S110V on the blade and say "that's a G10 Manix with the blue/purple scales" He looks at me, stunned...of course it was!!

I laughed and told him the G10 Manix is a top 2 model favorite model of mine and that I had 6 of them at one point. I pulled out my Native Chief and showed it to him. Glad to see another Spyderco fan around the mill!!
That's really cool! I never had that experience yet. You need to get him to join the Forum here, if he hasn't already! ;)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

The Meat man wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:01 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:

That's really cool! I never had that experience yet. You need to get him to join the Forum here, if he hasn't already! ;)
It's funny, just a couple years ago I didn't know anybody else that was into quality knives. Now I know 5 guys at work (out of 260 or so) that are into them! It's been a lot of fun. We've had days where everyone brings in a few and we meet up in my office. One day we tallied it up and had over $3,000 worth on us combined! One guy isn't a user, but has some really nice customs that are a bit gaudy, but I can appreciate what they are. Show and tell and pass around haha!

-Rick
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

PStone wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:42 pm
Cheddarnut wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:35 pm
This old thing
Nice OG carry! Would like to try out that clip style. It’s very cool. Which blade in that Lil’Temp?
:bug-red-white
Plain edge 440V with no bug ;)
GiftedMisfit

Post by GiftedMisfit »

:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

GiftedMisfit wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:34 pm
Good to see you posting, feel like I haven't seen much from you lately!

-Rick
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:17 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:01 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:

It's funny, just a couple years ago I didn't know anybody else that was into quality knives. Now I know 5 guys at work (out of 260 or so) that are into them! It's been a lot of fun. We've had days where everyone brings in a few and we meet up in my office. One day we tallied it up and had over $3,000 worth on us combined! One guy isn't a user, but has some really nice customs that are a bit gaudy, but I can appreciate what they are. Show and tell and pass around haha!
That's fun. Let's see, fully one-third of the employees (sounds better than 4 out of 12) where I work carry Spyderco knives, but that's only because of my generosity and influence. :winking-tongue None of them are what you'd call knife guys.

Interestingly, just the other day my boss, to whom I gifted a Spyderco Delica last Christmas, stabbed himself in the leg with it, apparently to the hilt! Just missed the artery. Yikes! :grimace
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

The Meat man wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:30 pm
Interestingly, just the other day my boss, to whom I gifted a Spyderco Delica last Christmas, stabbed himself in the leg with it, apparently to the hilt! Just missed the artery. Yikes! :grimace
Wow! How did he pull that off?? Sheesh, very lucky you didn't give him something like a Police, Military or Native Chief. That's very scary and sounds extremely painful!

-Rick