crucarta pm2 now shipping

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: crucarta pm2 now shipping

Post by Wartstein »

... at first I read the title as "crucarta PM2 now chipping... " :')

anyway, glad for all you guys who were waiting for this knife and hope you´ll get want one right now!! :smlling-eyes
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Sooo... do we want some alerts in this thread or the Crucarta Master thread that Bleasure started? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90577&hilit=CRUCARTA
•• Beau
Matus

Post by Matus »

For a long time I was 100% sure I will get this one once it comes out. But since I managed to get the k390 one I guess I will just get some nice burlap micarta scales for it. Still - I am super happy that the crucarta PM2 is out and is here to stay.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

So, since I'm relatively new to Spyderco releases, a question about this notification:
Can I go pick one up at the SFO if they are shipping to stores now?
Granoo Fink

Post by Granoo Fink »

Matus wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:10 pm
For a long time I was 100% sure I will get this one once it comes out. But since I managed to get the k390 one I guess I will just get some nice burlap micarta scales for it. Still - I am super happy that the crucarta PM2 is out and is here to stay.
Same here. Thought, I would get it immediately. But then, another PM2 accidentally dropped (closed) on the floor and opened. I sold everything called 'Para' then and bought a K390 Delica, which came with a 'straight-out-of-box-action' like none before. I absolutely love it. It's light, slim, comes with a strong lock and it cuts way much better.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

troutinCO wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:39 pm
So, since I'm relatively new to Spyderco releases, a question about this notification:
Can I go pick one up at the SFO if they are shipping to stores now?
I'd call the SFO and ask. Or...if you're close enough (looks like you are) I'd take a ride over and see
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Buddafucco wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:05 pm
Sooo... do we want some alerts in this thread or the Crucarta Master thread that Bleasure started? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90577&hilit=CRUCARTA
I think we should bump this one once they drop.
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:47 pm
I'd call the SFO and ask. Or...if you're close enough (looks like you are) I'd take a ride over and see
I will probably just drop by tomorrow, it is always a good excuse to go by and browse right?
Craiger12

Post by Craiger12 »

Granoo Fink wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:44 pm
Matus wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:10 pm
Same here. Thought, I would get it immediately. But then, another PM2 accidentally dropped (closed) on the floor and opened. I sold everything called 'Para' then and bought a K390 Delica, which came with a 'straight-out-of-box-action' like none before. I absolutely love it. It's light, slim, comes with a strong lock and it cuts way much better.
Do yourself a favor and pick up the K390 SS Stretch. Then you really won't miss your PM2s.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

troutinCO wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:51 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:47 pm
I will probably just drop by tomorrow, it is always a good excuse to go by and browse right?
Please let us know if you get one. :respect
•• Beau
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

Buddafucco wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:06 pm
Of course! I have been waiting for this one to hit, but did not do a pre-order anywhere. I guess I could call and save 15 minutes of driving but that's not fun. And who knows what else might be there to tempt me. :bug-red
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

troutinCO wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:20 pm
Buddafucco wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:06 pm
Of course! I have been waiting for this one to hit, but did not do a pre-order anywhere. I guess I could call and save 15 minutes of driving but that's not fun. And who knows what else might be there to tempt me. :bug-red
Cool beans!
Pre-orders for Hot items are horrible anyways. You don't know where you are on their list and you don't know when they're actually going to get them, so you sit there wondering if you'll actually get one while other shops sell out. :straight-face
•• Beau
Matus

Post by Matus »

Well, if you want be sure that your knives won't open by accident in basically any realistic situation, than a stiff backlock is pretty much your only option (and maybe a slipjoint).
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
capt.carl

Post by capt.carl »

Matus wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:56 pm
Well, if you want be sure that your knives won't open by accident in basically any realistic situation, than a stiff backlock is pretty much your only option (and maybe a slipjoint).
Or an opinel since they lock closed :)
bleasure

Post by bleasure »

hioooooooooo

just got my stretch 2 zdp-189 and i'm already v e r y fond of it. in a similar boat as others, maybe would've waited had i known because I am as yet still firmly a member of the working class, but now I get to compare these two workers. speaking of, a cqi/worker 2, maybe even a drop point version, would be prettttty, pretty good. beyond the 2014 sprint run, that ever been floated anywhere?
bleasure

Post by bleasure »

Buddafucco wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:05 pm
honestly if this is already up in the ranks and folks are posting here, that satisfies everything i was looking to achieve with mine, so personally i'm good either way. as long as it's all in one spot & new info's not popping up across multiple threads i'm happy!
Revival

Post by Revival »

nerdlock wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:55 am
Yeah just got my notif on the app. Good news for those who preordered! Slowly losing interest in PM2s but I may pick this one up in the future if only for the full liners.
How do you get shipping notifications on the app? Does it need to be on your wishlist? I have the app but didn’t know that was an option.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Wright.88 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:15 am
Excited for this! Though I didn’t receive a notification from the Spyderco app even though notifications are turned on. Weird.

Same here. No notification from the Spyderco iOS App and my Notification is ON both in the App and in the Notification Center of my iPhone.

The Spyderco Instagram account did confirm earlier today that the "Brown Canvas Micarta CPM Cru-Wear ParaMilitary 2 is NOW SHIPPING to Dealers!".
Last edited by RamZar on Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Revival

Post by Revival »

All of my settings in the app and notifications are turned on as well but didn’t receive anything.
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

I've found the Spyderco App to be very glitchy (iPhone, iOS).. sometimes I receive no notification at all.. other times, I'll get 2 or 3 per model.. there's no rhyme or reason to it really, that I've noticed..

When I'm really interested in a model, paying attention to updates on the forum is the best bet, in my experience..

Looking forward to this model for sure! I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for Buddafucco's availability posts (thank you, sir)!
:zany
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..