Waterway Availability

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
K1500

Waterway Availability

Post by K1500 »

It appears the Waterway is out of stock everywhere I look. Does anyone know what the scoop is on this knife? I have an itch for one and can’t seem to find one anywhere.
sal

Re: Waterway Availability

Post by sal »

Hi K1500,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
K1500

Post by K1500 »

Sal, thank you so much for taking the time to welcome me. I appreciate it and have been a Spyderco fan for a long time (I don’t want to date myself)... The waterway looks like it will work really well for my purposes. I’m anxious to try one out when I can find one.
TenGrainBread

Post by TenGrainBread »

Only place I see it for MAP is a Canadian seller on eBay. Has good feedback so probably reliable.
Otherwise it's in stock for MSRP on the Spyderco site and at Country Knives.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

K1500 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:21 pm
It appears the Waterway is out of stock everywhere I look. Does anyone know what the scoop is on this knife? I have an itch for one and can’t seem to find one anywhere.
Cutleryshoppe... https://cutleryshoppe.com/spyderco-fb43 ... -w-g-clip/
The Knife Joker... https://theknifejoker.com/product/spyde ... of-lc200n/
•• Beau
K1500

Post by K1500 »

Wow, that was fast, thanks for the leads. I have used the Knifecenter, Blade HQ, and Midway USA. Cutleryshoppe and The Knife Joker never even came up in my searches.
sal

Post by sal »

It's a nice piece. Good design, good materials.

sal
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

K1500 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:21 pm

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hope you´ll get a Waterway soon! One was gifted to me not too long ago and I absolutely love the design!
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
K1500

Post by K1500 »

Thanks for the advice. After reading on the forum a bit I see there can be an issue with fakes (like there is with lots of other things). Has anyone done business with the two sellers listed above to make sure they are legit? I trust the Knife Center, but haven’t done business with smaller outfits like the above two. Thanks in advance.
Mugman16

Post by Mugman16 »

gonna go ahead and bump this thread if nobody minds - is there any word on more regular production? I can find a few in stock online but I'm hoping to pick one up at a local store. prefer to support my small knife shop
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

CS and Knifejoker are good to go.
Josh
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

Warriors and Wonders is a Canadian brick and mortar shop, I got mine there. They still have them in stock.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
Tom Horn

Post by Tom Horn »

I was able to order a Waterway from Sooner State Knives today, 05/14/2021. I had one on order with KnifeCenter.com, but said "delayed by manufacture." As, there was no indication if and when they would be available, I went ahead and ordered from Sooner (better than, later). I do not know if they have more in stock, but the "add to cart" button is still activated on the web page. May want to call 1st.

Thanks spydergirl88 for the heads up. :)
Too, lazy to list em'. Favorites: HatchetHawk, Serrata, Blue Nishijin Lil' Lum, hundred Pacer, and of course, Paramilitary 2 (can't carry in my state; support KnifeRights.org; so, Paramilitary 3).
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Sooner State are good folks. Not always the lowest price, but available and good service.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Tom Horn

Post by Tom Horn »

Ordered Waterway on Friday from Sooner State Knives, received email shipping notification/tracking on Saturday, and received Waterway via USPS on Monday. The knife appears to be genuine Spyderco, Golden, Colorado quality/fit/finish all seem to be there. It ghost prints (hazy, translucent finger printing) like my Siren, so seems to be a genuine LC200N steel blade. I doubt counterfeiters would use LC200N, as it would suck the profit out of it. Can’t wait to get my ghost prints on a Swick.

Sooner State Knives is fully vetted in my book. So, jump on in, the water is fine (the Waterway, too). Sooner State Knives has a pretty good selection of Spydercoes (plural for Syderco?), some models that may be out of stock at the big knife retailers.
Too, lazy to list em'. Favorites: HatchetHawk, Serrata, Blue Nishijin Lil' Lum, hundred Pacer, and of course, Paramilitary 2 (can't carry in my state; support KnifeRights.org; so, Paramilitary 3).
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

I was fortunate enough to get mine when they first released, it’s well worth the wait imo. Put a few “notify me when available”s out there with a few retailers, dlt, knivesshipfee, bhq, knifecenter, etc. Knowing how other models, like the chap and the native salt move, it shouldn’t be out completely for more than a month or two.

Again it’s weeelllllll worth the wait. Keep an eye out.
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

Still waiting for one …
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

Oh, Canada! Warriors and Wonders still has the Waterway in stock.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

ykspydiefan wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:00 pm
Oh, Canada! Warriors and Wonders still has the Waterway in stock.
Thanks—ordered!