MuleTeam Forum knife?

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
legOFwhat?

MuleTeam Forum knife?

Post by legOFwhat? »

I know there is Forum knife chatter but how about a MuleTeam Forum knife? If we could decide on a "team" name would you want that on there or just MT Forum 202x? Perhaps a nice Damascus or even the elastic ceramic? Maybe revisit a previous steel? Maybe a coated blade in a specific color since there is talk of new coatings being tested?

Just kicking this idea around in my head and was curious if my fellow MuleTeamers would be interested as well.

Thoughts? :respect
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Araignee

Re: MuleTeam Forum knife?

Post by Araignee »

The ceramic version is prolly being churned out of Raven's Portugal factory at the moment, so it'd be a bit too late for this.

But to crosspost from the other thread, a Damasteel version would be totally cool 🤤
Dunno if the material's price is competitive enough to justify producing such a small batch, zo.

Also, a coloured blade (cobalt blue ?) would be interesting too.
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:28 am
I know there is Forum knife chatter but how about a MuleTeam Forum knife? If we could decide on a "team" name would you want that on there or just MT Forum 202x? Perhaps a nice Damascus or even the elastic ceramic? Maybe revisit a previous steel? Maybe a coated blade in a specific color since there is talk of new coatings being tested?

Just kicking this idea around in my head and was curious if my fellow MuleTeamers would be interested as well.

Thoughts? :respect
Maybe this I how we can get a wharncliffe mule!? I'm also digging the coating idea.

Who decided on the last forum knife? Was there a thread where the knife created was actually requested? That was all before my time here so if anyone knows feel free to share.
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Maybe turn some factory seconds into a forum mule by a special coating and laser etch?
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

What about a Mule Team scale set? That way you could keep the scales on each mule as you rotated through testing them.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

TomAiello wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:41 pm
What about a Mule Team scale set? That way you could keep the scales on each mule as you rotated through testing them.
Great idea Tom, many different routes you could take.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

TomAiello wrote:
A set of Forum Mule Team scales is a really good way to approach this. Probably easier than getting a spot in the production line too.

I know it is too literal, but I like the humor of ODG scales with brown accents like a harness for a mule. Then, have the logo and info on the harness in Spyderco red.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

If you are not using patented items, you can print a special scale set.
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Personally i have no interest in mule team blades in general, and forum ones in particular :)
What i'd really like to see is a Forum worker, a homage to the O.G.
I know that's just my POV and taste and interest vary infinetly ut still..
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Araignee

Post by Araignee »

TomAiello wrote:
Interesting proposal, also the most feasible one.
And, and... these scales could mate well with a Damasteel Mule :winking-tongue

But which material and which design ?
For the latter, some inspiration could be obtained from Fireman (?)'s thread about coming up with a Mule t-shirt.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Since we're down the rabbit hole there could be the leather sheath done with something embossed(if that's the right word?!) on it.

Or perhaps some type of display, holder or fancy box.
-Larry
MNOSD #0049
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:45 pm
Personally i have no interest in mule team blades in general, and forum ones in particular :)
What i'd really like to see is a Forum worker, a homage to the O.G.
I know that's just my POV and taste and interest vary infinetly ut still..
Never looked into the Worker till now, did they all have a sharp false edge?