Who got my Mule?

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
jmj3esq

Who got my Mule?

Post by jmj3esq »

I ordered a new Mule Team 2 and a leather sheath last week and the box arrived yesterday. Opened her up and no blade! Spyderco packed the box with my sheath but forgot to ship the knife even though it was clearly printed on the enclosed packing slip. A quick call to Golden and I've got another (hopefully) on the way. Can't wait to get another mule, especially one with a straight spine.
legOFwhat?

Re: Who got my Mule?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Mule bandits! >:[

Looks like SFO took care of you though!
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
jmj3esq

Post by jmj3esq »

"Looks like SFO took care of you though!"

Thats what I was hoping but not so much. After I called they assured me that my Mule was on the way. Well, I got sent an email with tracking info and the receipt said that the shipment was for a Boltaron sheath. So, I called again and relayed my concerns that they didn't ship the blade but the sheath instead. I was again assured that if they said they were going to ship the blade "then they are sending the blade." Well, the package arrived today and guess what? NO KNIFE AGAIN! They sent the sheath instead. I don't know what's going on in the shipping department in Golden, but I'm growing impatient. And too boot, they are closed on weekends. Not a happy camper. I hope everyone is liking their MT2. I wish I was. >:[ :cussing
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

jmj3esq wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:42 am

Thats what I was hoping but not so much. After I called they assured me that my Mule was on the way. Well, I got sent an email with tracking info and the receipt said that the shipment was for a Boltaron sheath. So, I called again and relayed my concerns that they didn't ship the blade but the sheath instead. I was again assured that if they said they were going to ship the blade "then they are sending the blade." Well, the package arrived today and guess what? NO KNIFE AGAIN! They sent the sheath instead. I don't know what's going on in the shipping department in Golden, but I'm growing impatient. And too boot, they are closed on weekends. Not a happy camper. I hope everyone is liking their MT2. I wish I was. >:[ :cussing
Ah man, sorry you're going through this but I know they'll make it right.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Brant

Post by Brant »

jmj3esq wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:42 am

So you have 2 sheathes now, the leather you ordered and now the Boltaron you didn’t and still no knife?
I’d be upset too! I’m sure it will be corrected, this time I’d ask for overnight shipping, you’ve waited long enough.
TTFulltimer

Post by TTFulltimer »

Better check to see if they were acquired by ATT.
Just a crotchety old curmudgeon who has seen a thing or two
jmj3esq

Post by jmj3esq »

You are correct besides I purchased another Boltaron sheath, so I actually have 2. I have in total 3 sheaths for the MT2 and no MT2 blade. So fun.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

jmj3esq wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:54 pm
You are correct besides I purchased another Boltaron sheath, so I actually have 2. I have in total 3 sheaths for the MT2 and no MT2 blade. So fun.
Hi, jmj3esq:
I'm sorry for the frustration and inconvenience. Could you please PM me your name and the e-mail address you used on your account? I'll take a look and work with SFO to resolve this quickly for you. We'll make this right.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

I've been through a similar situation. Correct box mailed out, wrong contents. Ooops, it took a phone call and some politeness and everything came in as ordered. That and some time. No one likes waiting, except the Brits, I've heard they cue up really well.

I hope your Mule comes in quick and you can share your cuts with the team.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

jmj3esq wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:54 pm
Hi, jmj3esq:
I just spoke with SFO, and they are aware (and apologetic) of the second mistake. They are shipping out an MT28P2 with expedited shipping today. We apologize for the frustration and confusion. If anything else comes up, please feel free to send me a PM with your details.

Make it a good day!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

ykspydiefan wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:34 am
No one likes waiting, except the Brits, I've heard they cue up really well.
I am told the Germans are very good also.
However the Japanese top all of them.

The Americans though ... we are becoming a country of entitled "Karens".
jmj3esq

Post by jmj3esq »

Thank you Kristi! I called CS before I read your comment. Hopefully my mule is finally truly on its way. Thank you.
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

TazKristi gets it done once again! Great job!
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red