I’m looking for these

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Brant

I’m looking for these

Post by Brant »

Does anyone know where I can find these? I can find similar ones, they have a flat thick top not the button or dome shape like these. I want to try my hand at making handles and these look the easiest to work with, providing I can find more. These came with an existing handle set.

Thanks.
Attachments
C0E8E2FF-74C4-4736-93DD-6EE6F67CF492.jpeg
tcarltonw

Re: I’m looking for these

Post by tcarltonw »

If one side is a screw/barrel that is one piece and then an independent screw I saw some of those on Mcmaster.com

*Just looked at the website. If that's what you're looking for search "binding barrels" on McM
PhillStill

Post by PhillStill »

Brant wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:46 pm
Does anyone know where I can find these? I can find similar ones, they have a flat thick top not the button or dome shape like these. I want to try my hand at making handles and these look the easiest to work with, providing I can find more. These came with an existing handle set.

Thanks.
Those appear to be the hardware I provide with my scales. Hazy Design Studio.

If so they are 3/16” stainless pivot sets from Ti Connector. Length is 0.357”

https://ticonnector.com/product/316-416 ... pivot-set/
Brant

Post by Brant »

tcarltonw wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:56 pm
If one side is a screw/barrel that is one piece and then an independent screw I saw some of those on Mcmaster.com

*Just looked at the website. If that's what you're looking for search "binding barrels" on McM
Thanks for the help.
I’ve found they go by the name sex bolts as well. I can’t find an exact match, most are slotted not torx, so I might need to find a compromise but as long as there is no play and they recess they should work .
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

PhillStill wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:42 pm
Brant wrote:

Thanks.

Wow cool, you are here. I love your handles and was just using my Magnacut Mule with your handle on it. Very nice!
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
PhillStill

Post by PhillStill »

JRinFL wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:35 pm
PhillStill wrote:
Brant wrote:

Thanks.

Wow cool, you are here. I love your handles and was just using my Magnacut Mule with your handle on it. Very nice!
Thank you! I enjoy making them!
tcarltonw

Post by tcarltonw »

Brant wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:27 pm
tcarltonw wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:56 pm

Thanks for the help.
I’ve found they go by the name sex bolts as well. I can’t find an exact match, most are slotted not torx, so I might need to find a compromise but as long as there is no play and they recess they should work .
Word, it's no problem. Hope you're able to get it worked out.
JoviAl

Post by JoviAl »

PhillStill wrote:
Brant wrote:

Thanks.

What are the chances - I was trying to order some of your stuff earlier on Etsy but it wouldn’t let me ship it to Singapore. It’s motivated me to try my hand at making my own scales, but I still would love one of your kydex MT sheathes. Any chance you would ship one to me in Singapore?
- Al

Work: Jumpmaster 2

Home: DF2 K390 Wharncliffe/DF2 Salt H1 SE and K390 Police 4 LW SE/15V Shaman

Dream knives -
Chinook in Magnacut (any era)
Manix 2 XL Salt in Magnacut
A larger Rockjumper in Magnacut SE
Brant

Post by Brant »

PhillStill wrote:
Brant wrote:

Thanks.

Awesome! Thanks, these are perfect! I appreciate the barrel length too.
PhillStill

Post by PhillStill »

[/quote]

What are the chances - I was trying to order some of your stuff earlier on Etsy but it wouldn’t let me ship it to Singapore. It’s motivated me to try my hand at making my own scales, but I still would love one of your kydex MT sheathes. Any chance you would ship one to me in Singapore?
[/quote]

Shoot me a message in Etsy or Instagram. I don’t mind looking into international shipping.