ZDP 189 available on seconds sale

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
standy99

Re: ZDP 189 available on seconds sale

Post by standy99 »

tcarltonw wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:58 am
Guess who didn't know Seconds had a nick taken out of the spine... and then proceeded to email Kristi a bunch??

:rofl :rofl
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Rough day at work, so happy hour started early at 4pm. The mule was on cheese duty. This is an 18-month Cabot alongside Snowdonia’s Black Bomber that I scored on sale a week or two ago. The wine is white, and German, but that’s really all I know - more of a beer guy.

The mule was already dirty, so I figured it would stay on for dinner duty. I’m used to using a larger 8” Chef’s knife, so I altered my onion technique a bit. Really not bad, but not as efficient as the larger knife would’ve been.

The mule was basically he perfect size for dealing with these miniature sweet peppers. Probably even easier than using the larger knife, although a bit slower.

Here’s where I really should have pulled out a larger knife, but I’m fairly stubborn. This was about half cut by mule, half torn by hand.

Simple dinner, tonight - brew these together with some cous cous and called it good. Definitely in a better mood now!
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Picked mine up from the post office today…. :party-face

Will get a try out for Christmas dinner prep.

On first impressions the handle tang seems slightly rounded and polished more that a few of the latest. (Just that Seki specialness probably)
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.