Mastercard no longer accepted

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Hatuletoh

Mastercard no longer accepted

Post by Hatuletoh »

If anyone else is trying to purchase a mule with a Mastercard and failing because the website doesn't allow a cc # to be entered when the Mastercard option is selected, it because, apparently, Spyderco no longer accepts Mastercard. This according to the gentleman to whom I just spoke on the phone. So your only option is Visa, which is a real bummer for me, since I have only have Mastercard and Amex. I COULD have made arrangements to have had a Visa to use with a little advance notice, but since myMastercard worked just fine to buy the Rex 76 mule, and since the option to use MC appeared to be active onwebsite when I did a quick trial run last night--and the option still appears does right now, it just doesnt work, which is why I had to call for an explanation--I guess I'm SOL on getting the M398 mule, unless maybe they last until tomorrow. Not at all a happy right now.
legOFwhat?

Re: Mastercard no longer accepted

Post by legOFwhat? »

I used MC and didn't have any issues. Got order confirmations shortly after...
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
chessiedog1

Post by chessiedog1 »

call the number for customer service. Mine came up as associated with fraud can't proceed. I called in and they fixed it in one minute. Then my order went through.
Hatuletoh

Post by Hatuletoh »

Yeah...I finally got it to work. About two min after I made the post, I refreshed the page to try one last time, and finally the option to select MC and enter the # worked like it was supposed to. The problem was that every time I selected MC it removed the fields for the # and ex date. So I guess the guy I spoke to at Spyderco didnt have any idea what he was talking about. Glad it worked out, although it sounds like a little refresher on policies and procedures might be in order for whomever is answering the phone at the retail store.