MT38P - M398 Mule Team Release!

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
TazKristi

MT38P - M398 Mule Team Release!

Post by TazKristi »

Hey, everyone!
We're happy to announce the MT38P – M398 Mule Team will be released on Tuesday, 15-Nov-2022 at 09:00 am MST.

MSRP: $80.00 (USD) (Additional Discounts Do Not Apply)

Mule Team handle scales (MTGBK) and sheaths (MTLSH) and (MTSH) will also be available through SFO (sold separately).

Shipping information can be found here.

Sales will be limited to FOUR per household.

Check out the next post in this thread for tips for purchasing successfully.

Don't forget to come back and share your experience in the Mule Team sub-forum! We'll be watching and can't wait to see what everyone does next!

:bug-red-white

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
TazKristi

Re: MT38P - M398 Mule Team Release!

Post by TazKristi »

Tips & Tricks to Improve Your Mule Team Shopping Experience!

If you have an account on Spyderco.com - Log into it ahead of time and ensure that your billing, shipping addresses, and contact information are correct and current.

If you do not have an account on Spyderco.com - Register NOW and ensure your information is correct and current.

If your Spyderco.com billing address does not match the billing address associated with your card, your purchase may be declined – that is something outside of our control. Even a simple typo of one character can cause a declined transaction.

On the day of the release, log into your account a few minutes earlier than the release time (09:00 am MST).

Have your payment information ready to enter. We do not store credit card information on our site, but if you are comfortable storing it in your browser, I highly recommend doing so ahead of time. You might also take a minute to call your card company (the day before the release) and let them know you will be making a purchase on Spyderco.com. This can prevent any confusion about potential fraud during the transaction.

If there are other items you want to purchase at the same time, add those to your cart a few minutes before the release. This will allow you to go straight to checkout once you have added the Mule to your cart.

Do you use a VPN? You might want to disable it during the release. VPNs definitely have their place and can be a valuable tool. Unfortunately, a shocking number of VPN IPs are associated with spammers and fraudsters. Those IPs can be blocked from our site if we have encountered fraud or issues in the past. If you’d like to check the status of your IP before the release, check https://www.ipqualityscore.com/free-ip- ... y-vpn-test.

And finally, if possible, ensure you are connected with a stable internet connection with the fastest connection speed possible. We know this is not a possibility for everyone, but the truth is, the faster and more stable your connection, the easier it is to shop during popular releases.

We have done everything we can on our end to improve stability and speed, but there are many variables outside our control.

My hope is that these tips will help improve your experience.

Thanks much!
There is nothing more important than this one day.
mtb

Post by mtb »

Woohoo! Time to get ready! :)

Thank you Kristi and the Spyderco team :smlling-eyes
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

Sweet! I will be in town for this one!
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Excited for this one! They must have made a bunch if the limit is 4 per household.
•• Beau
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Yeah!
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Nice !
Will be in for 2 (1 for me, 1 for an order), maybe 3 to help a fellow french Spydict
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Woo
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Are you trying to get me to stay home for the Seconds Sale this year? It's not going to work.
tcarltonw

Post by tcarltonw »

I haven't been able to test my 76's yet!
clinton1

Post by clinton1 »

Exciting! Another mule!!
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Than you Taz ! Interesting steel need to give this one some serious thought . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Only just got my REX76s the other day…..slow up Spyderco, I can’t sand that quick :winking-tongue

Can’t wait :shush
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
bobartig

Post by bobartig »

Ooh, something a bit more stainless! Larrin at Knifesteelnerds wasn't too excited for this one because it's relatively similar to M390 (with all of the numbers moved around a bit). But, since I don't have an M390 mule, don't mind if I do!

Also, can't wait for the SPY27 Mule. I think of it as being like a close cousin to S35VN, which I also don't have. 😆
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

bobartig wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:08 am
Larrin at Knifesteelnerds wasn't too excited for this one ... 😆

That's putting it mildly! My read is that Larrin values balanced steels and keeps an eye on toughness, even for high edge-retention steels. I'm glad of it; most of my knife use benefits from steels formulated for more than just extreme ER.

But if you're looking for extreme ER and high corrosion resistance, M398 serves it up!
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Jefke

Post by Jefke »

I can't be online at that moment :worried
I'm not having much luck with these last mules, I was on vacation when the REX76 mule dropped, now I already have an appointment that I don't want to miss and can't reschedule.
I hope I can get someone else to order it for me ...
Rymanz

Post by Rymanz »

Bolster wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:16 pm
bobartig wrote:
Larrin at Knifesteelnerds wasn't too excited for this one ... 😆

That's putting it mildly! My read is that Larrin values balanced steels and keeps an eye on toughness, even for high edge-retention steels. I'm glad of it; most of my knife use benefits from steels formulated for more than just extreme ER.

But if you're looking for extreme ER and high corrosion resistance, M398 serves it up!
I'm betting the hype for T15 will be greater, based on Larrin's article. He didn't sing the praises of REX 76 or M398 and I didn't/don't see much noise relating to their release.
:bug-red
Models: PM2, Endura 4, Chaparral, Para 3 LW, Rescue 3, Para 3, Shaman, Manix 2, Native 5
Steels: Elmax, S30V, XHP, 4V, VG-10, CPM CRU-WEAR, K390, Z-WEAR, S45VN, 204P, REX 45
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Rymanz wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:14 am
I'm betting the hype for T15 will be greater, based on Larrin's article. He didn't sing the praises of REX 76 or M398 and I didn't/don't see much noise relating to their release.

Agree. Regards T15, Larrin is rather neutral.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Must have a pretty consequent influence yes. Personally I like to get my hands on the steel myself, because I won't ever be testing / using it in every scenarios, even if I try to !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
standy99

Post by standy99 »

bobartig wrote:
Ooh, something a bit more stainless! Larrin at Knifesteelnerds wasn't too excited for this one because it's relatively similar to M390 (with all of the numbers moved around a bit). But, since I don't have an M390 mule, don't mind if I do!

Also, can't wait for the SPY27 Mule. I think of it as being like a close cousin to S35VN, which I also don't have. 😆
Don’t have any M390 either so this will be a chance to have a look what the fuss is about.

Have the SPY27 Mule and has been a good steel..I like the easy way to get a edge on it and it keeps a good edge with a steel in between sharpening.
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.