MT33P - CPM REX 76 Mule Team Release!

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
TazKristi

MT33P - CPM REX 76 Mule Team Release!

Post by TazKristi »

Hey, everyone!
We're happy to announce the MT33P - CPM REX 76 Mule Team will be released on Tuesday, 20-Sep-2022 at 09:00 am MDT.

MSRP: $75.00 (USD)

Mule Team handle scales (MTGBK) and sheaths (MTLSH) and (MTSH) will also be available through SFO (sold separately).

Shipping information can be found here.

We are REMOVING the restrictions on shipping to Australia & New Zealand prior to the release, so if you are in either of those countries, you can purchase an MT33P without any special arrangements!

Sales will be limited to TWO per household.

Check out the next post in this thread for tips for purchasing successfully.

Don't forget to come back and share your experience in the Mule Team sub-forum! We'll be watching, and we can't wait to see what everyone does next! :bug-red

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
TazKristi

Re: MT33P - CPM REX 76 Mule Team Release!

Post by TazKristi »

Tips & Tricks to Improve Your Mule Team Shopping Experience!

If you have an account on Spyderco.com - Log into it ahead of time and ensure that your billing and shipping addresses and contact information are correct and current.

If you do not have an account on Spyderco.com - Register NOW and ensure your information is correct and current.

If your Spyderco.com billing address does not match the billing address associated with your card, your purchase may be declined – that is something outside of our control. Even a simple typo of one character can cause a declined transaction.

On the day of the release, log into your account a few minutes earlier than the release time (09:00 am MDT).
Have your payment information ready to enter. We do not store credit card information on our site, but if you are comfortable storing it in your browser, I highly recommend doing so ahead of time. You might also take a minute to call your card company (the day before the release) and let them know you will be making a purchase on Spyderco.com. This can prevent any confusion about potential fraud during the transaction.

If there are other items you want to purchase at the same time, add those to your cart a few minutes before the release. This will allow you to go straight to checkout once you have added the Mule to your cart.

Do you use a VPN? You might want to disable it during the release. VPNs definitely have their place and can be a valuable tool. Unfortunately, a shocking number of VPN IPs are associated with spammers and fraudsters. Those IPs can be blocked from our site if we have encountered fraud or issues in the past. If you’d like to check the status of your IP before the release, check here.

And finally, if possible, ensure you are connected with a stable internet connection with the fastest connection speed possible. We know this is not a possibility for everyone, but the truth is, the faster and more stable your connection, the easier it is to shop during popular releases.

We have done everything that we can do on our end to improve stability and speed, but there are a lot of variables outside of our control. My hope is that these tips will help improve your experience.

Thanks much!
There is nothing more important than this one day.
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

Dang, going to be in Moab that week and probably off grid. Oh well.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

troutinCO wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:37 am
Dang, going to be in Moab that week and probably off grid. Oh well.
Moab is more fun than YAK*!

*Yet another knife.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Thanks for the heads up Kristi, my heart just bumped from 60to 90 bpm !

I'm SO pumped !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Nice. Will definitely try.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
LimpCroissant

Post by LimpCroissant »

Sweet, thank you very much for the heads up! Rex 76 is something I've definitely been wanting to try.
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Sweeeet!
bobartig

Post by bobartig »

It's finally happening! Can't wait to pick this one up.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Happy happy day!
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Sweet! Always nice to hear about a new mule. Thanks, as always, Kristi.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Welcome back the Australia shipping :sparkler :sparkler
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Thank you for the heads-up Kristi!
izzoyournizzo

Post by izzoyournizzo »

Woooooo! Very excited for this announcement.
LindboKnifeandTool

Post by LindboKnifeandTool »

I appreciate the tip to sign up now. I would’ve probably not gotten one because I hadn’t yet. Thanks! And I’m loving the lack of restrictions for shipping to aus. I messaged Pete, hopefully he gets his hands on one.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Happy happy joy joy!
Attachments
Stimpy Joy.jpeg
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Reposting some of Larrin's commentary specific to REX 76 from the Knife Steel Nerds article...Thanks Larrin!

Larrin: “CPM Rex 76 is the first grade that Crucible patented specifically for production using powder metallurgy. They wanted a steel that could reach 69-70 Rc in combination with increased vanadium when compared with previous ~70 Rc high speed steels like M42. This was only practical using powder metallurgy. Rex 76 doesn’t look that different, really, from Rex 45, but with increased tungsten and carbon content. This gives Rex 76 higher potential hardness…Catra TCC 625 @ 68 Rc…Somewhat surprisingly Rex 76 was only about 1 Rc harder than Rex 45 despite the higher carbon and cobalt content. And the edge retention is only higher due to the increased hardness and does not seem to have benefitted from the higher carbide content that would result from the higher carbon content. So Rex 76 would primarily be useful for applications where very high hardness is desired…. There may be certain applications where the higher strength is a benefit for thin edges in cutting tasks that are more limited by deformation than by chipping. If they were heat treated to lower hardness they would still be similar to other stainless steels, they would just be closer to steels like SPY27, XHP, and S35VN… Rex 45 and Rex 76 are not really my favorite high speed steels, as the toughness-edge retention balance is not as impressive as other options.”

Like the rest of you, I'm curious the Rc that Spyderco will target. With a lower HT, Larrin notes it would likely perform like the three forum favorites mentioned...except that it isn't stainless.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
tcarltonw

Post by tcarltonw »

Yyyyeeeaahhhh! Thanks for the news Kristi!
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

Just in time, I made some new walnut scale blanks that need a home. I was thinking of combining them with some birdseye maple but I think they look good enough on their own.
721606A8-36D7-401D-B610-2ACE26F02965.jpeg
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Bobartig, Tcarltonw, Lindboknieand tool,

Welcome to our forum.

sal