serrated mule?

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
sethwm

serrated mule?

Post by sethwm »

Searched the forum directly and through google and couldn't find this. Any interest in serrated mules? I can see this being a thing for the SPY27 perma-mule if it's not viable for the periodic mules. I think seeing how a steel handles serrations is an interesting angle for evaluation.
Coastal

Re: serrated mule?

Post by Coastal »

I posted this exact question several months ago. Here was Sal's response:

Hi Coastal,

Interesting idea, but not something I'm interested in doing at this time. The Mule Team as we are doing it is not a simple task. Adding a serrated version would just compound the problems we are currently trying to sort.

I plan a serrated version of the "standard" Mule Team in Serrations in SPY27 some time in the future. If somethings comes out of that, we'll see, and deal with it then.

Serrations are an entire different set of parameters.

sal
hijinxtx

Post by hijinxtx »

I would definitely be interested in a half or full serrated mule. I carried a half and half Delica ZDP 189 until if flat wore out, sharpened away the serrated part finally. It was my favorite knife. Now I my EDC is a Delica ZDP 189 because I could not get another half and half. The combo blade knives are my favorite and most useful to me, but I am hard on knives. And that blade style is out of favor with the knife buying public now. So it goes. But a good knife is like a good friend, useful, dependable and good to have around every day. And you miss it if it's gone.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Sethwm,

I think coastal's response says it. Thanx coastal.

sal
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'd be interested if it ever happened.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'll definitely buy some whenever this project comes to fruition. I've actually had serrations ground into another Spyderco, and I've considered doing it with a mule, but so far haven't wanted to sacrifice a mule to that. Having a production 'mule' will change the calculus though.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

I think many would want to get regular production versions of both a PlainEdge and a SpyderEdge Mule SPY27.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln