Scales and Sheath Giveaway!

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
FullScaler

Scales and Sheath Giveaway!

Post by FullScaler »

In the spirit of the recent Random Acts Of Kindness thread I have decided to do my own giveaway as my random act of kindness.

I have recently been 3D printing Mule scales as well as making some custom leather sheaths for my mules. I would like to offer a giveaway for Mule Team forum participants, with a unique spin. :winking-tongue .

Hopefully everyone who wanted to get their hands on the recent SRS13 Mule got one, or maybe you have previous mules sitting around naked and you need some scales and a sheath for it.

1. First Prize, One set of scales with hardware and one custom handmade leather sheath.
2. Second Prize, One custom handmade leather sheath.
3. Third Prize, One set of Scales with hardware.

There will be one rule which makes this unique and will be listed below. Other than that, winners will be randomly chosen, and I will provide pictures of the available sheaths and scale colors to choose from. First prize chooses first, second chooses second, etc. I will cover all shipping anywhere in the world but if they hit you with duties in foreign countries that part is up to you. :smirk

:bug-red The unique rule, You must post a link to a post you have already made testing one of your mules, or, make a great post providing testing results and blade steel feedback and post that link as your entry. :bug-red

This giveaway will run until midnight, Feb 28, 2022 so get your posts linked below for your entry.

Hopefully this spurs on some great testing threads discussing recent mule usage and experience. Additionally, I hope to see lots of links from previous testers posts that others can read and learn from. And most of all, I hope it inspires members to continue to post and provide feedback with their Mule Team knives, as is the spirit of this whole program.

The pics below are examples of the scales and sheaths but may not be the exact ones available at the draw date.

20220214_190250.jpg
20220213_093816.jpg
Every day in my pockets, Wallet, Keys, Phone, Light, and Knife.

Https://BladeProtection.com
Fireman

Re: Scales and Sheath Giveaway!

Post by Fireman »

Awesome and generous give away!
Here is a link to my Z-Max testing.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=89930&start=40
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Cool give away!

Here's a post I made when testing out the PMA11 Mule. (I'd love to see this steel or it's brother 10V, more often in some heavy duty folders!)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79554&start=1960 (Last post on the page)
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Great incentive for all.
Here is my science experiment…

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=90439
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

Awesome, generous idea! No testing here, but plan to learn a lot from this thread! :cheap-sunglasses
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

I was just thinking of doing something like this! Great idea and nice work indeed.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

It's awesome to see you motivating others to test and post with your generous giveaway!
Thank you for spreading some kindness. It's noticed and appreciated. :fist-bump
:spyder: Spyderco fan and collector since 1991. :spyder:
Father of 2, nature explorer, custom knife maker.
@ckc_knifemaker on Instagram.
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

That's cool! Thank you for this thread and giveaway!

Spyderco Mule Z-WEAR
viewtopic.php?t=90623
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Excellent ! I live in the EU so I'm not gonna take the chance to have you ship it so far but I love it.
It is random and it is kind !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
attila

Post by attila »

Thanks for the generous giveaway!

My entry is not as in-depth a test as many others’, but I did risk edge damage by chopping through both ends of 10 uncooked chicken thigh bones with my Magnacut Mule. The chicken bones had surprisingly little effect. :cheap-sunglasses viewtopic.php?f=15&t=91296&start=20#p1603193

I wonder how well any of my mules (B70P, PD1, PMA11, Z-max, Magnacut, SRS-13) would do against the pork ribs I have in my freezer... :thinking
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
FullScaler

Post by FullScaler »

Looks like a limited selection of participants so far. The "usual suspects" if you will. Thanks to everyone who has entered already!

I was hoping the prospect of a free sheath and scales would elicit some of the quieter members to post up some of their testing results.

Still almost a week left so hopefully we get some more good entries.

Either way, I got a few more sheaths made up this weekend in a variety of colors in both right and left hand versions.
20220221_185949.jpg
20220221_190003.jpg
Every day in my pockets, Wallet, Keys, Phone, Light, and Knife.

Https://BladeProtection.com
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

I guess I am in. This was the Magna Mule Rodeo thread I started. I now have 4 different steel mules that need testing, but the magnacut actually got documented in its first round of testing. I really should do writeups for the Z-Max, Z-wear and the new SUS13 steel.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=91220
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

This sheaths look great. I love the deal brown on two of your left hand sheaths, they look great unfortunately I am a righty. What material are the scales made from, a type of plastic? I am not too familiar with 3d printing.

I have not done a ton of testing but I did post some stuff on the z-max. It’s mid page on the link.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=89930&start=20

I found it really held an edge and would sharpen pretty easy. I used it to cut / push through 1/4” plywood and it did it with ease. The only down side it seemed to “rust” or get a patina fairly quickly just being stored in a leather sheath.

My favorite so far is my z-wear, the edge it takes is scary sharp and has some corrosion resistance. I have not had time to test my MagnaCut yet though.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Lets get this thread to several pages before the 28th!
The sheaths are really nice, i like the light and dark brown ones. They seem to provide a nice tight, slim and short package once the knife is in.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I agree, the sheaths look great and I think (for me) would carry the Mule more comfortably!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

I need to do more testing on my mules. I will think on having a standardized testing battery to compare all the mules that I have to give some data points. I am really interested in learning how to sharpen the different steels and find what works and learn from you all how you get your specific steel to perform.
wmarsh100

Post by wmarsh100 »

Do you sell your scales online anywhere to just purchase? This is my first Mule so I can’t very well test it properly until I put the handle on it :winking-tongue
“Ordinary people with extraordinary vision can redeem the soul of America by getting in what I call good trouble, necessary trouble.” —Rep. John Lewis
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Come on guys! Get your testing posts in!!!
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

I really think your work is great and I am keen to play. Very generous of you to do a giveaway.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=90733&p=1560324&hi ... 2#p1560324

V Max vs Firehose 2.

Thanks FullScaler
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
sbdude

Post by sbdude »

This is really awesome. Thanks so much for doing this.

Just getting into Mules so don't have a lot of testing info posted yet. Life has been crazy here but using the latest mule in the kitchen and have some thoughts and observations here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=91920&p=1606992#p1606992

Thanks again for the generous deal.