Which Past Mule Teams Would You Like to See Repeated?

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.

Which Past Mule Teams Would You Like to See Repeated?

Cru-Wear
13%
CTS XHP
4%
K390
16%
CPM 4V
10%
CPM 20CV
4%
Maxamet
17%
LC200N
9%
CPM SPY27
6%
CPM S45VN
4%
CPM MagnaCut
17%

Total votes: 289

RamZar

Re: Which Past Mule Teams Would You Like to See Repeated?

Post by RamZar »

Even though Maxamet has the highest number of votes I believe it may not repeat because Spyderco can’t even keep up with demand for it in its folders. Additionally, when the Maxamet MT was released in August 2016 it was, and still is, by far the highest priced Mule at $110. A Maxamet MT in 2022 will probably be around $150.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
chkn

Post by chkn »

RamZar wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:25 pm
Even though Maxamet has the highest number of votes I believe it may not repeat because Spyderco can’t even keep up with demand for it in its folders.
I'm sure most people understand that reruns aren't a really viable idea right now or even in the foreseeable future, but it is interesting to see which ones have the most interest even after they've been released and (some of) the steels have been around for a while.
vanka

Post by vanka »

Maxamet for me. I was at my grandad's funeral and I knew I wouldn't be able to buy it. And I couldn't set up a proxy because all the people I can trust to do it for me were attending. I don't regret i missed my chance - family and friends comes first. When you draw the line, it's just a piece of sharp steel.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Vanka,

Sorry for your loss. In the world of priorities, family always come before knives.

sal
kadinh

Post by kadinh »

Z-max
Z-wear
K390
LC200N
Maxamet
You should never have to ask yourself "do i really need another knife?" The answer is obvious...
kadinh

Post by kadinh »

Araignee wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:58 am
Magnacut cuz I missed the chance to buy one :'(
crazy that there we so many of them and there was still such a high demand for them.
You should never have to ask yourself "do i really need another knife?" The answer is obvious...
fixall

Post by fixall »

MagnaCut. :smlling-eyes :(

I was up all with our teething baby and slept through my alarm for the MagnaCut. I've been kicking myself every day since. :disappointed
David R

Post by David R »

kadinh wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:42 pm
Araignee wrote:
crazy that there we so many of them and there was still such a high demand for them.
As I've written before, demand for many of the Mules, if not most, was not high. It took months or years for many of them to sell out. Even LC200N was available for quite a while.

Before MagnaCut I would have said 4V. This is a great balance of toughness and edge retention in a smallish fixed blade for me. The Cru-wear or PD1 Mules I suspect would be popular. PD1 was in stock for years, I suspect because people don't know what it is. The K390 Mule is excellent and I'm sure would sell well. I would personally like to see Super Blue and 52100 again, but I doubt they would be popular.
kadinh

Post by kadinh »

David R wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:33 am
kadinh wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:42 pm
Araignee wrote:
As I've written before, demand for many of the Mules, if not most, was not high. It took months or years for many of them to sell out. Even LC200N was available for quite a while.

Before MagnaCut I would have said 4V. This is a great balance of toughness and edge retention in a smallish fixed blade for me. The Cru-wear or PD1 Mules I suspect would be popular. PD1 was in stock for years, I suspect because people don't know what it is. The K390 Mule is excellent and I'm sure would sell well. I would personally like to see Super Blue and 52100 again, but I doubt they would be popular.
sorry, i was referring specifically to the magnacut mule; i should have specified that.
electro-static

Post by electro-static »

It would be interesting to see a repeat of the magna-cut mule hardened to higher hardness, 63-64 instead of 61-62, same with other mules. It would be a mule that tests how like their HT.
Paraguy

Post by Paraguy »

Cru-wear, k390, Maxement, 4v and Magnacut.
"Some call me...Tim?"
Paraguy

Post by Paraguy »

More tool steels please!
"Some call me...Tim?"
Paraguy

Post by Paraguy »

RamZar wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:25 pm
Even though Maxamet has the highest number of votes I believe it may not repeat because Spyderco can’t even keep up with demand for it in its folders. Additionally, when the Maxamet MT was released in August 2016 it was, and still is, by far the highest priced Mule at $110. A Maxamet MT in 2022 will probably be around $150.
True. Yeah, I probably wouldn't buy one for that price. How much was K390? I think id prefer it over Maxament anyway. But I want Cruwear/4v/Magnacut the most.
"Some call me...Tim?"
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

The K390 MT17 from July 2013 was $69.95 and about 700 were produced.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
bloggablu

Post by bloggablu »

Maxamet and z-max i missed both
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

If we stay purely hypothetical, any and every Mule really.
I like the idea to have the Spy27 being available in production.

Otherwise, if I have to choose only a few, I'd like re-runs of Maxamet, 4V, PD1, Cru-Wear, S90V, 3V...
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
VandymanG

Post by VandymanG »

Damascus since I didn’t even know about these forums or the mule opportunities back then.
Greg

* EDC> PM2 - S45VN & CRUWEAR, Native - CRUWEAR, Rockjumper - VG 10
Temporarily put my mule away cause I got tired of my wife saying do you really need 5 knives on you. MULE - AEB-L (keep returning to this mule cause it’s awesome)
bobartig

Post by bobartig »

Magnacut! But also, I'm surprised Maxamet is above it in popularity. Overall, these numbers are quite small tho'. Not certain how we'll ever see a Mule re-run at this rate.
bob-atlatl

Post by bob-atlatl »

Maxamet & Magnacut, my para 3 in maxamet is awesome for edge retention.
Really would like both in mules.
Then K390 would be nice too, use my K390 stretch 2 a lot in the kitchen and still no need to sharpen.
... rule #9 ...
TTFulltimer

Post by TTFulltimer »

Most of all K390 because I am not a fan of the Byrd shape. Love the leaf blades. Seki K390 in a linered G10 Native 5 Oh Yeahhhhhhh.
Just a crotchety old curmudgeon who has seen a thing or two