Who got the SRS13?

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Toker

Re: Who got the SRS13?

Post by Toker »

DansGearAddiction wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:47 pm
I got one as an impulse buy. I don't have any good kitchen knives (heresy as a knife guy I know), so I figured I'd pick something up.

I feel stupid asking this question, but does anyone know if G10 would be a safe scale material for kitchen knives? Would it absorb juices, safe with soap, would scales need to be removed before washing, etc.?
It absorbs very little water. You shouldn't need to remove the scale. Everything should wash off easily.
Wandering_About wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:53 pm
Got mine a bit ago. Will have to put this one to work, it's a steel I still know very little about.
I have a Takeshi Saji Bunka in R2, which is very similar to SG2 and SRS13. It sharpens very easily and holds an edge for a long time. It's one of my favorite kitchen steels and I like it more than Blue and White steels.
Tgmr05

Post by Tgmr05 »

Wow, thought I missed out. Just ordered one.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Looks like you can still add this to your cart! I picked one up earlier today just because they were still around … don’t even know what SRS13 is.
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

Got mine easy peasy. If they're still available later I wouldn't be opposed to picking up another. Excited to see what this one is all about!
heavyjumbo

Post by heavyjumbo »

got one :)
cholla_remover

Post by cholla_remover »

DansGearAddiction wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:47 pm

I feel stupid asking this question, but does anyone know if G10 would be a safe scale material for kitchen knives? Would it absorb juices, safe with soap, would scales need to be removed before washing, etc.?

You should be good to go, G10 hardly absorbs moisture (even less than micarta, if I remember right) and is common material for kitchen knife handles.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I have several kitchen knives with G10 handles. It's a great material for a kitchen knife handle.
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

I have kitchen knives in polished linen micarta and polished G10
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

SRS13 :smlling-eyes :check-mark
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I got my ship notice this morning. I tried ordering another after the first 24 hours was up. It let me put it in the cart and checkout, but after I checked out, it showed a duplicate of an order from last year for more than double the dollar amount. This should be interesting.
cjk

Post by cjk »

Ordered one today. I had to create a new account. The account which I created to purchase magnacut mules no longer worked. I had even saved my username and password in two different web browsers. Inexplicably, neither could successfully log in anymore. The mechanism to change passwords doesn't appear to work either. It was frustrating.
electro-static

Post by electro-static »

I just ordered one, it’s nice that they did the one per household as I was able to buy my first mule after missing the last 4.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Heavyjumbo,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Eyesac

Post by Eyesac »

I got one, my first mule but definitely not my first Spyder. I’ve lurked here a while and figured it was time to join.

I have a set of Haplern burlap micarta scales landing Tuesday and the mule the day after per tracking info. I’m excited! I’ve reached out to a custom Holster and sheath maker I’ve used in the past with great results for a price on a scout setup.
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Aaaaaaand it’s gone.
Sold out.
ebay has one listed for $200
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

For those that did get it from the SFO : Was there a new kind of sticker in there? Saw someone posting a pic saying "new mule!" on my group and wondered if it's the MT32P or an older one.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Eyesac,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Ramonade wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:07 pm
For those that did get it from the SFO : Was there a new kind of sticker in there? Saw someone posting a pic saying "new mule!" on my group and wondered if it's the MT32P or an older one.
No catalog, but I did get a cool sticker! :cheap-sunglasses

This is my first Mule and first fixed blade from Spyderco. Looking forward to making a paracord handle and cardboard and ducttape sheath.
:grin-big eyes
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

Man I did not get that sticker in my box, I like it. I just the small round black ones that are currently common. They do have a newer SFO sticker I like.
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

My box just arrived.

I have to admit this one looks a bit more "finished" than my previous mules. The outside edges are more rounded and the blade looks somewhat polished -- more like a finished item. Pride of workmanship was my thought. Not that I am complaining or criticizing previous mules, but I did notice the difference. The people at Seki don't let anything out the door that isn't up to certain standards was my thought. Above and beyond what a person might expect for a "mule".