Who got the SRS13?

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Buddafucco

Re: Who got the SRS13?

Post by Buddafucco »

If anybody's SRS13 is sheathless... Boltaron Sheath's are back In Stock at Spyderco.com... https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/detail ... heath/1039
•• Beau
electro-static

Post by electro-static »

It takes a keen edge pretty easily, is probably my sharpest knife now. 600 grit followed by a 9 5 1 and 0.5 micron stropping progression. Anyone do any type of edge retention testing?
electro-static

Post by electro-static »

duplicate post deleted
Last edited by electro-static on Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Just paid the customs fee for it. Should be there any day now.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
vanka

Post by vanka »

By the looks of it mine is going back to the sender. It got stuck for 6 days in LA area, then arrived in London Heathrow, got stuck for another 8 days, and today's updates shows that it arrived in US yesterday and it's currently "in transit to destination". Very confusing. I can't get trough the phone and my emails didn't get any response. All I can do is just sit and wait.
Edit.
Just got email from Parcelforce and they claim my parcel haven't even left the US. Even more confusing. I guess I'll wait for it till next friday and see what happens.
Edit 2:
Finally it says out for delivery. So hopefully I'll have it in the evening when I get home.
Final Edit:
Got it. It took almost a month, but it's finally here. First impressions - i like it. With the time i'll get to know it better.
Thanks Sal, and the entire Spyderco crew for keep pumping these mules out. :party-face
Attachments
Screenshot_2022-03-10-07-00-00-471_com.android.chrome.jpg
Last edited by vanka on Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

They must've mistakenly tagged it for flight and forgot the parcel. The fact that it doesn't shaw as scanned at London gives some hope.
Mine did this before entering France :

Kinda the same except tracking didn't place it in France in between steps.

Edit : Mine's here :)
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Dextar

Post by Dextar »

FullScaler wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:09 pm
Still waiting on mine to get here. When I check the USPS tracking number it says it was delivered to an address in Los Angeles 10 days ago but my invoice and shipping Email clearly show my Address In B.C. Canada. I'll give it a few more days to see if it arrives but it usually takes less than 2 weeks to get here and I have never seen that tracking error like that before.
I don't know if you've received yours, but we got similar situation, mine was delivered to a P.O. box in Los Angeles then no any update for days though the final destination shall be Canada. But finally I got mine a week ago. Hopefully you can get yours soon, or better you've got them.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Dextar,

Welcome to our forum. Enjoy your Mule.

sal
Dextar

Post by Dextar »

sal wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:26 pm
Hi Dextar,

Welcome to our forum. Enjoy your Mule.

sal
Thank you
FullScaler

Post by FullScaler »

Dextar wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:22 pm
FullScaler wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:09 pm
Still waiting on mine to get here. When I check the USPS tracking number it says it was delivered to an address in Los Angeles 10 days ago but my invoice and shipping Email clearly show my Address In B.C. Canada. I'll give it a few more days to see if it arrives but it usually takes less than 2 weeks to get here and I have never seen that tracking error like that before.
Hey Dexter, nice to see another Canuck here. Yea, I finally got mine last week. I think it was one of the sharpest factory finishes on any Mule I have received so far. Bodes well and I am interested to do some testing.

I don't know if you've received yours, but we got similar situation, mine was delivered to a P.O. box in Los Angeles then no any update for days though the final destination shall be Canada. But finally I got mine a week ago. Hopefully you can get yours soon, or better you've got them.
Every day in my pockets, Wallet, Keys, Phone, Light, and Knife.

Https://BladeProtection.com
ranjitrajkumar

Post by ranjitrajkumar »

Waiting to get my first Mule to reach me in N.S. Canada. The current status is that it's pending acceptance at L.A. There was a bit of confusion during shipping, but Team Spyderco took care of it, just a few more days to go.
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear ranjitrajkumar:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
burlyspyder

Post by burlyspyder »

Fireman wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:21 am
Are there any others made in Japan?
This will demand Japanese inspired scales
Sushi mule?
Here you go:
mulewa2.jpg
mulewa1.png
Cheers!
-burly
:bug-red: H1(s), M4, 4v, 10v, 15v(m), Hap40, s90v, s110v, BD1n, Maxamet, Magnacut(s), Z-max(m), Z-wear(m), Magnacut(m), SRS13(m), Rex76(m), M398(m)
Other: D2, White#1, Blue#2, SuperBlue, VG-10, 204P, 20cv, s30v, s35vn, s45vn, s90v, HIC, TC71
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

Very Nice Job burly,

If there is another, more radical Mule Team Modification out there I would like to see it. My forum memory is not long enough to know if there is one, but burly.... this is a rad mod.

I have done a lot of shaving sticks on a cutting board recently, taking care to smack the edge into the board and test out some use and abuse. This mod would have saved my knuckles for sure. I really want to take that set up for a spin.

Do you have a plan for the hole in the tang? The perfectly shaped piece of amber with a spider in it might work.

It sure looks like you could pinch grip the blade and slice all day with joy.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Bravo!!! Maybe a custom mosaic pin in the hole? It can be filled in and you would not know it.
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.