Who got the SRS13?

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
spock91

Re: Who got the SRS13?

Post by spock91 »

I struck out. Congrats to all that scored, can't wait to see them in action.
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

Tucson Tom wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:38 pm
My box just arrived.

I have to admit this one looks a bit more "finished" than my previous mules. The outside edges are more rounded and the blade looks somewhat polished -- more like a finished item. Pride of workmanship was my thought. Not that I am complaining or criticizing previous mules, but I did notice the difference. The people at Seki don't let anything out the door that isn't up to certain standards was my thought. Above and beyond what a person might expect for a "mule".
I noticed this as well on mine. Even the edge is highly polished with a nice microbevel it appears under the loupe. It feels different than my others. It lacks that bite into my skin when I try it across my finger. I'm debating on putting that biting edge onto it or not.
David R

Post by David R »

Nope. Was buried at work and missed that another Mule was coming this soon. Will have to pay post-release prices to get one. Entirely my own fault.
sbdude

Post by sbdude »

Got one and it will be a kitchen knife for my wife who likes shorter blades for some reason.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Spock,

Welcome to our forum.

Sorry you missed out. One day we'll figure out the best way for everyone that wants one to be able to get one.

sal
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

Tucson Tom wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:38 pm
My box just arrived.

I have to admit this one looks a bit more "finished" than my previous mules. The outside edges are more rounded and the blade looks somewhat polished -- more like a finished item. Pride of workmanship was my thought. Not that I am complaining or criticizing previous mules, but I did notice the difference. The people at Seki don't let anything out the door that isn't up to certain standards was my thought. Above and beyond what a person might expect for a "mule".
Well maybe I spoke too soon. The finish is nice, but there is a glitch with the fit. Easy to fix and nothing to complain about.

Now I have my SRS13 mule on duty in the kitchen, replacing the LC200N I have used there for several years. It will be interesting to see how that goes since I am very much used to using the LC200N regularly. The SRS13 is a lot sharper, and I'll bet can be made as sharp as I like. I always struggled to sharpen the LC200N and made do with a "good enough" blade.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Is there anyone still waiting for shipping confirmation ?
I kinda influenced one of my friends to join the Mule Team, and it is he's first order on Spyderco's store.
He did receive the order confirmation but is worried about the fact he hasn't received any shipping notice.

I did (on the 18th). But I only bought a Mule and a mug, he did pick the G-10 scales and a leather sheath, maybe one of these items wasn't available and it's making it wait till restock ?

He's kinda anxious, I told him everything is gonna be okay but eh, doesn't seem to have much effect ^^.

Thanks in advance,
Robin.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
tomsch1963

Post by tomsch1963 »

I scored one and just bolted on scales this morning. Goal is to use in the kitchen to start although I have multiple mid-range gyutos that see most of dinner prep but it will good to see how it performs as a general utility knife. From there I plan to use it outside with general landscaping and box cutting similar to my MagnaCut testing.
fixall

Post by fixall »

Aghhh!

Just got a notice from UPS that there is a sorting delay and it'll be awhile yet before mine arrives. I guess I'll have to live vicariously through you guys for a while longer, lol. :)

On the plus side, the Mule Teams are ALWAYS worth the wait. :D
wmarsh100

Post by wmarsh100 »

Got one, now I’m just fighting with the spacers for the handle scales I ordered trying to get this thing properly assembled for use
“Ordinary people with extraordinary vision can redeem the soul of America by getting in what I call good trouble, necessary trouble.” —Rep. John Lewis
wmarsh100

Post by wmarsh100 »

I got one, I am noticing some pretty wiggly grinds as far as the bevel/edge goes, and then it is pretty rough along the spine where the flat grind begins. Is this normal of the Mules, being kit knives, or is this a fluke/flaw?
“Ordinary people with extraordinary vision can redeem the soul of America by getting in what I call good trouble, necessary trouble.” —Rep. John Lewis
Tgmr05

Post by Tgmr05 »

Arrived today

ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Tgmr05 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:55 pm
Arrived today

Looks good👍🏻
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I take it that everyone except my friend had a shipping notice already. I'll tell him to contact customer service.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

Has anyone else had issues with the pins (Halpern/factory threaded barrels) not fitting the holes in the tang?

I can’t get the pin to go through the middle or back hole and it’s got a bad drag on the front hole. I tried several pins and nothing would fit. Mine also has the rounded/broken edges and the lips around the holes look odd too. At an angle the holes look out of round but when I look straight on at them they look true. I’m afraid if I try to enlarge the holes or clean them out that I’ll screw up and my scales will be shifty. There is no obvious burr but I think something is out of spec.
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

Burton Knut wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:23 am
Has anyone else had issues with the pins (Halpern/factory threaded barrels) not fitting the holes in the tang?

I can’t get the pin to go through the middle or back hole and it’s got a bad drag on the front hole. I tried several pins and nothing would fit. Mine also has the rounded/broken edges and the lips around the holes look odd too. At an angle the holes look out of round but when I look straight on at them they look true. I’m afraid if I try to enlarge the holes or clean them out that I’ll screw up and my scales will be shifty. There is no obvious burr but I think something is out of spec.
I will point you here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=91899
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

troutinCO wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:29 am
Burton Knut wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:23 am

I will point you here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=91899
Thanks! I just came back to say I took a second look and found the burr…burrs. Time to knock them down.
sbdude

Post by sbdude »

wmarsh100 wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:17 pm
I got one, I am noticing some pretty wiggly grinds as far as the bevel/edge goes, and then it is pretty rough along the spine where the flat grind begins. Is this normal of the Mules, being kit knives, or is this a fluke/flaw?
Mine is very well finished with nice grinds.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Threw on an old set of kirinite scales so it will go into service.

Totally forgot it had gitd liners. :zany

-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

Those are cool!