Who got the SRS13?

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
RevMike

Re: Who got the SRS13?

Post by RevMike »

Ended up unexpectedly on the road for work today so I had to try to get one from the parking lot of a Dunkin Donuts in Ohio. Managed to get one and a couple sets of scales.
404 :bug-red-white s in 81 steel flavors.
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

I was using my z-max mule in the kitchen, I think this will be my dedicated kitchen mule for when sharpness is key. The laminate makes it more ideal as a kitchen tool. I think maybe a rising sun flag printed scales for this?
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Fireman wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:21 am
Are there any others made in Japan?
This will demand Japanese inspired scales
Sushi mule?
I've always loved Hokusai's Great Wave:

https://artsandculture.google.com/asset ... 0003%7D%7D

I was thinking 'Great Wave' themed scales. Something like this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1166712294 ... rs=1&sts=1

I'm going to have to get my kids involved to get that artwork done though. They're a lot more artistic than I am.
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

I was thinking having the raised features of the rising sun flag would be good for grip on a printed scale.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Rob,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Steeltoez83

Post by Steeltoez83 »

I got an address error when i went to purchase mine, so i hope i can score one before they all sell out.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I finally got through and got this one. It took me about an hour and 3 phone calls ( those guys are very nice and patient people) . Despite Kristi's heads up and advice to get things sorted ahead of time I waited until the last minute. I guess this one is selling a bit slower.

They are still available as of about 30 minutes ago in case you are contemplating an order. This should be a good one. Don't miss out.
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

This was my first Mule purchased immediately upon the drop; all the rest from secondary market. It went smoothly! After I install the Halperin scales I’ve already received, this Mule will become a dedicated kitchen knife.
BadRussian

Post by BadRussian »

Just got the mule and the handle kit. I'm struggling with the little threaded posts into the holes in the mule. The mule "holes" seem to have a notch. I guess I have to hammer the posts down. Any suggestions how to do it "evenly"?
Sorry, newb questions.

Bogdan.
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

BadRussian wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:38 pm
Just got the mule and the handle kit. I'm struggling with the little threaded posts into the holes in the mule. The mule "holes" seem to have a notch. I guess I have to hammer the posts down. Any suggestions how to do it "evenly"?
Sorry, newb questions.

Bogdan.
Maybe a tiny burr. If you have a small round needle file you could try to smooth it out. I never have had any trouble inserting the threaded posts in any of my mules. I can't imagine they have added some kind of notch intentionally.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

I was able to get one. Will probably do just simple scales for this one but I do like the Asian persuasion though. As a dedicated kitchen knife I'll stick with glue and pins.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Is it weird that I'm more excited for this one than I was for Magnacut?

I think that having access to magnacut in other platforms, and no other way to get SRS13, means that this one is particularly interesting to me.
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

BadRussian wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:38 pm
Sorry, newb questions.

Bogdan.
So interesting, I am putting the scales on mine and I think due to the lamination there is a "lip" on the holes. A little filing should have that become a non-issue.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Bogdan,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Toucan

Post by Toucan »

Fireman wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:07 pm
I was using my z-max mule in the kitchen, I think this will be my dedicated kitchen mule for when sharpness is key. The laminate makes it more ideal as a kitchen tool. I think maybe a rising sun flag printed scales for this?
I'm not saying don't do it. But be aware that the Rising Sun Flag (as opposed to the regular flag of Japan) does have some unfortunate WWII connotations, particularly in all of East Asia that isn't Japan.
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

And scales on. It got the natural canvas micarta scales.
Family photo:
muleteams-rs.jpg
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

True, probably the “Stars and bars” or Asia.
Toucan wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:48 pm
Fireman wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:07 pm
I'm not saying don't do it. But be aware that the Rising Sun Flag (as opposed to the regular flag of Japan) does have some unfortunate WWII connotations, particularly in all of East Asia that isn't Japan.
Toker

Post by Toker »

troutinCO wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:00 pm
And scales on. It got the natural canvas micarta scales.
Family photo:
muleteams-rs.jpg
What are those colors? Deep Blue Sea, Natural and Burlap?
DansGearAddiction

Post by DansGearAddiction »

I got one as an impulse buy. I don't have any good kitchen knives (heresy as a knife guy I know), so I figured I'd pick something up.

I feel stupid asking this question, but does anyone know if G10 would be a safe scale material for kitchen knives? Would it absorb juices, safe with soap, would scales need to be removed before washing, etc.?
Current Collection
Chaparral (All Variants), Dragonfly 2 (VG-10), McBee, Stretch 2 (K390), UKPK Salt (LC200N)
Wandering_About

Post by Wandering_About »

Got mine a bit ago. Will have to put this one to work, it's a steel I still know very little about.
Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035