Upcoming MT32P (SRS13/SUS405) discussion thread

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Ramonade

Re: Upcoming MT32P (SRS13/SUS405) discussion thread

Post by Ramonade »

wmarsh100 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:39 am
Ramonade: any clue when the release day is announced? I’ve got the money set aside and everything but I’m new to the Mule Team Game (this would be my first), and these scales and sheath I got in an online holiday sale are basically useless without a blade lol. And tips would be much appreciated!
As wes said.
The last Mule was my first (ended up receiving it one or two days ago). There's always a pinned thread "Release Date" coming well before the actual release ! helps a lot to be prepared :)
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

After reading Sal’s comments in the linked thread, it sounds like there’s a chance some Seki knives could be made in this should the Mule be successful.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
IndianaTony

Post by IndianaTony »

I'm surprised I didn't notice this earlier, but apparently the Halperns got an early look at MT32. They posted a new site for their scales (they OEM the ones Spyderco sells, but have a bunch of other variations on their own site) and the blade in the photos is clearly marked SRS13/SUS405 with a visible lamination line. Just figured I'd mention it in case anyone wants to see what that looks like. https://www.halperntitanium.com/product ... AM-Handles
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

IndianaTony wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:19 am
I'm surprised I didn't notice this earlier, but apparently the Halperns got an early look at MT32. They posted a new site for their scales (they OEM the ones Spyderco sells, but have a bunch of other variations on their own site) and the blade in the photos is clearly marked SRS13/SUS405 with a visible lamination line. Just figured I'd mention it in case anyone wants to see what that looks like. https://www.halperntitanium.com/product ... AM-Handles
Thank you for that, I looked at that same picture but didn't notice the lamination line. :spiral-eyes
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Pretty bummed about the restriction of one per household. I know there is a limited number of these but living in EU we don't get Exclusives or we have to pay hard hard cash for it. With these I can satisfy my test-mania and make a great knife for my family (wich reports what happens while in use afterwards).
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

burlyspyder

Post by burlyspyder »

standy99 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:33 pm
Kitchen knife Mule….Almost needs a hidden tang :smlling-eyes

Here you go:
mulewa2.jpg
mulewa1.png
Cheers!
-burly
:bug-red: H1(s), M4, 4v, 10v, 15v(m), Hap40, s90v, s110v, BD1n, Maxamet, Magnacut(s), Z-max(m), Z-wear(m), Magnacut(m), SRS13(m), Rex76(m), M398(m)
Other: D2, White#1, Blue#2, SuperBlue, VG-10, 204P, 20cv, s30v, s35vn, s45vn, s90v, HIC, TC71
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

That's funny, but classy !
Isn't the hole annoying you ? Might be something that could be filled with stone or any other thing nice to look at !

5-by-5

Post by 5-by-5 »

Just got my Halpern scales and the barrel pins don't fit the holes. I forget where I saw this mentioned before.

Is this a hot and miss issue? What have others done about this? Dremel around the inside of the holes till the pin slides in and out?

Bummed......
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

5-by-5 wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 5:07 pm
Just got my Halpern scales and the barrel pins don't fit the holes. I forget where I saw this mentioned before.

Is this a hot and miss issue? What have others done about this? Dremel around the inside of the holes till the pin slides in and out?

Bummed......
No Dremel needed! A few passes with a needle file will do it. Of course a Dremel would work, too, but be careful.
chkn

Post by chkn »

Coastal wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 6:59 pm
5-by-5 wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 5:07 pm

Bummed......
No Dremel needed! A few passes with a needle file will do it. Of course a Dremel would work, too, but be careful.
I just took some rolled up wet sandpaper and spun it around the holes for a minute or two and was able to get the pins to fit. Maybe I got lucky and had a Mule that barely needed adjustment but that's what worked for me.
5-by-5

Post by 5-by-5 »

I found Kristys posts about the imperfections left by the laser cutter. Suggesting that smoothing those imperfections is all that needs to be done.

I couldn't find a file small enough at the store but a found a chain saw sharpening dremel bit. Which worked perfectly in about two minutes.