It's an adventure! (buying MT35)

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Tucson Tom

It's an adventure! (buying MT35)

Post by Tucson Tom »

We are lucky things are the way they are.

The whole experience is like a cowboy western. The villain corners our hero at the edge of the cliff. Then forces him over! He hangs on the edge by his finger tips, and the bad guy stomps on first one hand, then the other. Finally our hero loses his grip, but manages to grab a small bush on the way down. He hangs on. His strength is fading. One root after the other is pulling out of the ground, but at the final moment, his trusty mule comes to the cliff edge, a halter rope drops to our hero, he wraps it around his waist and the mule pulls him up and over to safety and we live happily ever after.

Well, that describes my experience this morning buying MT35, and I wouldn't have missed it for the world!

What adventure is there to just go buy something online?
LakeOconee

Re: It's an adventure! (buying MT35)

Post by LakeOconee »

Tucson Tom wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:54 pm
We are lucky things are the way they are.

The whole experience is like a cowboy western. The villain corners our hero at the edge of the cliff. Then forces him over! He hangs on the edge by his finger tips, and the bad guy stomps on first one hand, then the other. Finally our hero loses his grip, but manages to grab a small bush on the way down. He hangs on. His strength is fading. One root after the other is pulling out of the ground, but at the final moment, his trusty mule comes to the cliff edge, a halter rope drops to our hero, he wraps it around his waist and the mule pulls him up and over to safety and we live happily ever after.

Well, that describes my experience this morning buying MT35, and I wouldn't have missed it for the world!

What adventure is there to just go buy something online?
Well said!

My fingers are a bit sore...
:bug-red-white MNOSD Member #0037
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

That’s a good one ! If I did not have the weight of buying one for a very good friend besides myself , I would said just another day of personal mayhem. We have scales coming in from Halpern so the wasted expense not getting the Mules was definitely putting me on edge . Was that scene out of a Clint Eastwood movie ? Just kidding MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Tom,

Gail laughed her a$$ off and says she loves your response.

sal
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Looks like you just had to be as stubborn as a Mule to prevail…. :rofl
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I had at least 5 moments of "YES! FINALLY!" and "oh son of a..." and it went back and forth before finally scoring. I know I did each step of adding mine to the shopping cart, went through the checkout steps, and even hit complete order at least 5 times before it went through. I was even watching my bank account to make sure I didn't manage to put in several orders. It is definitely weird how this worked out for me, I even managed to get a random day off work which almost never happens, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to keep trying long enough to get an order through. Not to sound cheesy but the pieces really did fall into place with this one for me so I feel like it's both well earned and meant to be lol.
Last edited by Evil D on Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

That western analogy hadn’t appeared to me. A good one for sure, and I totally agree with your way of approaching this shopping experience.

I guess I felt more like I was on a Dave Chappelle special, making fun of human behavior.
I prefer the western analogy, but it was still a shopping experience out of the ordinary :)
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Has anyone received a shipping notice ? I did receive confirmation but since this goes all the way to France it might be different !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

I kept wanting to give up, but as soon as I was ready to do so, the website would progress one more step. Slowly but surely I made it to the goal.

It’s remarkable how quickly we humans adapted to instantaneous shopping and how annoying it can seem when that doesn’t happen. All in all it was a minor annoyance that shouldn’t even be worth mentioning, but we do. It’s a human thing, I guess.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
laketrout

Post by laketrout »

If it is an adventure, I sure suck at being an adventurer. I was on before 9:00 placing my order for a sheath so that I had all my info ready to go, watching the time when the knife didnt seem in stock at the right time, then all went off line! What.
Spent the next while clicking and clicking,sometimes past the second screen, sometimes all the way to ordering and then to finally see it go down. Very good. Looked to my card info and yes it showed up as a charge.

Then the email. Thought great then looked and see only the sheath will ship. No...

Sure it happened. Called Spiderco in a hurry and yes they said things dont always show up correctly while out of stock. Might be a while to appear on screen. I was devestated. Oh well Im getting farther each time I guess. Some things are not meant to be for this old one.I guess I will give it a go next time. I hope they get some of the issues worked out so It might go smoother for everyone. We can only try

Thanks again
Steve
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

If I can recall the western act, hero/villain scene can’t be more than 10 minutes of the whole movie experience.

My mule adventure was holding onto the shrub for 120 minutes just praying the roots would hold.

I was working yesterday. I bet anyone who saw me in between my work glued to my phone thought I was trying to buy a kid a rare Christmas gift on Spyderco!

… I learned how to navigate the Spyderco website this time from my failed experience with the “Seconds Sale” last year. 1. Just be patient 2. Don’t give up. 3. Have fun while trying.

TazKristi had some good tips for this Mule attempt.

…so I was holding onto the shrub for dear life, I held it, my mind wandered; reliving my life in little memories between alternating my grip to find rest as my fingers became raw and the muscles in my wrists and fingers hard stone. Looking down I saw the canyon rocks shattered below, little dots scattered about like random periods on a large blank paper. Time passed. I felt rain drip down on my brow, and trickle down my cheek. A constant trickle of wet as I dangled down. The drip of rain traced from my cheek to the corner of my mouth, thick and salty, my own blood… I looked up at my red hands and the dear shrub; in these moment and said one of those prayers/promises one makes in desperation, “IF I CAN CHECKOUT I WILL MAKE THIS KNIFE ITS OWN SCALES! YES THE FANCY ONES; THE DAMASCUS G-10, I PROMISE!

My eyes went dark.

The web page reloaded… order confirmation screen appeared with a reference number! Success I had ordered my first mule!
Was never a space cadet, but with LC200N I might be more in space than a cadet.

MNOSD 0009
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Ramonade wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:22 am
Has anyone received a shipping notice ? I did receive confirmation but since this goes all the way to France it might be different !
You have nothing to worry about, they being shipped to Illinois where Naperville and I will protect them for several years . It’s the best we can do for you living so far away . MG2 Kidding aside I did get confirmation.
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:00 pm
Ramonade wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:22 am
You have nothing to worry about, they being shipped to Illinois where Naperville and I will protect them for several years . It’s the best we can do for you living so far away . MG2 Kidding aside I did get confirmation.
This joke almost kinda scared me ! I did receive confirmation of my order, with a reference number for the order. However, I saw that some people also got an e-mail later saying their order was shipped, thats why I was wondering ^^
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Early this week tested ordering a calendar. I got confirmation but no tracking . Calendar showed up this morning . Does this happen to anyone else ? MG2
Henry David Thoreau
5-by-5

Post by 5-by-5 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:16 pm
Early this week tested ordering a calendar. I got confirmation but no tracking . Calendar showed up this morning . Does this happen to anyone else ? MG2
I ordered scales and a sheath laying in bed Thursday night. I wanted to be sure I could log in and complete an order with out hang ups. Immediate confirmation email. I got a shipped and tracking number email Friday morning.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Thank you . Nice to know . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
archangel

Post by archangel »

I was frustrated, sure. Big time. But at the same time I was thinking "Hey, the more people give up on the way, the better MY chances get to score in the end!" And it turned out to be true!

What's funny is that many if not all of us got the Order Completed message and mail confirmation almost at the same time. As if someone found the error in the process or system, and just fixed it, and BAM! :)
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

In humor only :winking-tongue :winking-tongue :winking-tongue what is the best shirt?

:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
I ordered bug stickers 3 days before the drop to test my card. I first got the confirmation email immediately, then UPS shipping notification email the next day, and another UPS email saying that delivery schedule date has changed.

Now I'm still waiting for the UPS email, but I do expect some delay from Golden due to the amount of orders that they have to process from the Mule drop.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

nerdlock wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:39 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
I ordered bug stickers 3 days before the drop to test my card. I first got the confirmation email immediately, then UPS shipping notification email the next day, and another UPS email saying that delivery schedule date has changed.

Now I'm still waiting for the UPS email, but I do expect some delay from Golden due to the amount of orders that they have to process from the Mule drop.
Thank you for info , it may have been user error on my part , We have have so many things coming in I may have accidentally deleted tracking number thinking I had already set up the tracking . Much appreciated MG2
Henry David Thoreau