Who got a Maggie mule? (Magna Cut)

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
5-by-5

Re: Who got a Maggie mule? (Magna Cut)

Post by 5-by-5 »

I bought scales and a sheath last night. So I knew I wouldn't have log in or old credit card issues.
I got mine in my shopping cart within 10 seconds. It was 2 minutes late going live. It was the credit card processing that crashed. It was almost exactly 50 minutes till the transaction went through.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Fireman wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:23 pm
Even though the process was frustrating for most, I still am so grateful to Spyderco for having the Mule team project with its incredible price for a Spyderco knife, giving us access to steels that are hard to come by. Thank you Spyderco team and Sal.
Yes, I'm happy to have been able to purchase my first mule ! Even with the $45 dollars of shipping, it's still very good imho !
Being able to have a platform that'll stay relatively the same with just a change of steel is a concept I just find very very good. I used the Native 5 until then, and am ready for every next mules (if the taxes/brokerage/customs fees (dunno how to say these costs in english) do not hammer me right after).
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I got two and they'll be my first mules. I'm pretty excited, new model knife and new steel to play with. One will get the Spyderco G10 scales and the other will eventually get custom scales and kydex but that'll be some time after the 1st of the year.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Vaugith

Post by Vaugith »

I was able to grab one from the online store! Looking forward to using this knife hard at work and comparing it to my other steels.
Mendozamike89 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:59 pm
Does anyone know how long it took to sell out this time?
It sold out online one hour and 23 mins after launch. It seems almost everyone was getting errors and card declined messeges on top of the website being very slow right up until about 57 mins after launch, then things started working but still very slowly.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

It took 5 minutes to buy 2... I think everybody went overboard with the F5 button. I didn't refresh at all after it went live and was watching the snowball of hate roll down the hill by 9:07 MT. :squinting-tongue

I wonder how many computers got smashed today?

There were a lot of happy endings though, so that's good!
•• Beau
jegred2

Post by jegred2 »

I got card errors until I removed the sheath and scales. But I got my mule after 58 mins of refreshing and worrying. This will be my first mule!
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:11 pm
You guys should have just asked who in line was a member of the forum and see how many people responded, that could have been fun haha.
Yeah but now we get the missed connections section… this is pure entertainment!
nosuchagency

Post by nosuchagency »

snagged one approximately 40 mins after release. all kinds of errors, etc. i actually gave up for 15 mins or so, then went at it again when i saw that it was still in stock. anyway, my first mule. will figure out sheath later, may keep it naked or paracord wrap.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

z1r wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:12 pm
cycleguy wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:33 pm
Cool stuff these mules ... but they always have been! Hope you all were on the bandwagon to keep the program alive when its future was looking grim!!!!!!

My credit card was hacked shortly after I made the purchase; coincidence???? Glad it didn't happen any sooner or I could be muleless. I'll carry cash for backup next time.
Were you in the yellow jacket, least I think it had yellow on it. not far behind the couple with the stroller?

Coincidentally, I got a text from PayPal first thing this morning with a password reset code. One I never requested. I quickly got on my computer and changed the PW. Hope you get that sorted out.
I was sitting on the rail at the top of the stairs soaking up the beautiful morning. When we queued, I was behind the yellow highlighted jacket and chatting with the reefbuilder hat who happened to be filling in for someone who couldn't make it. I could use some friends like that!

Today's card is history and a new one is on its way. I've been down this road before, just not any time recently. Always worry about what other info may have slipped into dishonest hands. :hot-face
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Clanleslie

Post by Clanleslie »

My wife accidentally bought two,best mistake she ever made,other than marrying me. :winking-tongue
Last edited by Clanleslie on Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clanleslie

Post by Clanleslie »

Does anyone know the Rockwell hardness on the magnacut mule?
z1r

Post by z1r »

cycleguy wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:39 pm
z1r wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:12 pm
cycleguy wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:33 pm
Cool stuff these mules ... but they always have been! Hope you all were on the bandwagon to keep the program alive when its future was looking grim!!!!!!

My credit card was hacked shortly after I made the purchase; coincidence???? Glad it didn't happen any sooner or I could be muleless. I'll carry cash for backup next time.
Were you in the yellow jacket, least I think it had yellow on it. not far behind the couple with the stroller?

Coincidentally, I got a text from PayPal first thing this morning with a password reset code. One I never requested. I quickly got on my computer and changed the PW. Hope you get that sorted out.
I was sitting on the rail at the top of the stairs soaking up the beautiful morning. When we queued, I was behind the yellow highlighted jacket and chatting with the reefbuilder hat who happened to be filling in for someone who couldn't make it. I could use some friends like that!

Today's card is history and a new one is on its way. I've been down this road before, just not any time recently. Always worry about what other info may have slipped into dishonest hands. :hot-face

Yeah, a constant worry. Glad you got it sorted and got your Mule(s). It was a beautiful morning, not at all like waiting on line for the 2nds sale.
Xayaza

Post by Xayaza »

The worst part now is waiting for the knives to be shipped and delivered; I want my knives NOW! Amazon has spoiled me too much lol. Sucks that I can't just physically go to the store to purchase knives, though maybe that's a blessing for my wallet.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I got two yesterday but one is for a friend that I have gone to knife shows for years . I checked eBay a few minutes ago there are two for sale already. MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
99Dirk

Post by 99Dirk »

Managed to get my first Mule, been trying to find a couple for past 6 months.

I'm a Structural Engineer who specializes in materials and fabrication. Recently shifted my knife hobby from restorations to edge retention modifications and tests. Thought the Mule Team would be the way to go....

Had no idea it would be this difficult to get one though. Haven't really found an alternative to the Mules with similar QC.

D.
Manifestgtr

Post by Manifestgtr »

I got two…one, I’m going to put through its paces and the other to have as a really nice, magnacarta fixed blade.

I dunno though, man…some of these stories are sad. I probably shouldn’t put this in writing here but I’m THINKING about selling it for cost to someone here if a particularly brutal “missed it” story comes up. Some of the saltiness was off-putting but I could empathize with some who were just legitimately bummed. I’ve been there myself on several occasions
Crucarta: Shaman (x2), Manix 2, Lil Native, Delica, GB2 & PM2
Notable: 52100 and Cruwear Millie. “15v-arta” Shaman. REC Manix. K-carta Endura, P4, Dragonfly and Delica.
Favorites: Shaman, Sage 5 lightweight, Sheeps Caribbean, Manix, Endela and all things Stretch
Tom_W

Post by Tom_W »

Any chance for another release? I missed this not sure how I was subbed to almost every related forum post.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi 99Dirk, Tom_W,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
lolifier

Post by lolifier »

I jizzed my pants when my order went thru. Can't wait to cut up fish with it and see how resistant to rusting it is.
rashman

Post by rashman »

first time i’ve been able to score a mule!
I found out about the project after those particle metal ones in 2017?? PD1?
SPY 27 forward - i’ve never been able to get to purchase before sold out.
needless to say i’m super excited
current fav’s: K390 SS Stretch, PM2 CruWear Mircata, P.I.T.S., Subway Bowie