MT35P - CPM MagnaCut Mule Team - Release Date

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
TkoK83Spy

Re: MT35P - CPM MagnaCut Mule Team - Release Date

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Now I wonder...After all this and people that scored after an hour or two of trying...how many will actually provide some feedback on use and sharpening in the Mule Team subforum?? I'll put money on less than a handful :disappointed
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

My experience was almost painless... Thank you Spyderco!

I now have a Lucky Tissue Box! :beaming-face
•• Beau
z1r

Post by z1r »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:02 pm
Now I wonder...After all this and people that scored after an hour or two of trying...how many will actually provide some feedback on use and sharpening in the Mule Team subforum?? I'll put money on less than a handful :disappointed

Good point. I'm wondering, for those that have both the Spy 27 and S45VN versions, what are the real world differences, similarities? On paper, they are so similar. My BIL has the Spy 27 and it is his favorite knife, but we have nothing to compare it to.
rcbalt2

Post by rcbalt2 »

Flippers already have them up on ebay
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
I owe reports on my Z-max and Z-wear currently.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

rcbalt2 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:08 pm
Flippers already have them up on ebay

That's a new record for flipper speed...at $225 and $250...3x the price and over.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Bolster wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:54 am
This is the least amused audience ever. Dunno why everyone is so serious on the Spyderco forums but they are...we are very literal, very un-amused people.

Right? Some folks could use some time with their whetstones to restore their Zen Groove.

I'll let you in on a secret. Nobody needs to squander their precious time ordering from Spyderco. If they're willing to pay a little markup, by this time tomorrow we'll see Magnacut Mules all over eBay.

:winking-tongue :zany :squinting-tongue
David R

Post by David R »

dlum1 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:12 am
Well that checkout process was painful. I love these fixed blades so I feel the effort was worthwhile. I'm curious to see if I notice any practical differences between this and and the pd1 variant. This may become my new fishing knife if the edge retention and stability are there. Fingers crossed that the heat treat pushed the hardness ;) I find lc200n rolls too easily for my use. Pd1 is better a resisting rolls but I don't have the heart to leave it covered in water.
My zmax regularly goes camping for building fires and the edge never rolls... just microchips occasionally leaving a sharp working edge. The s45 mule has become my wife's favorite kitchen knife. It's slightly tarnished but not rusted from acid fruit and vegetables but the edge always has enough aggression to cut tomatoes with ease. I think of it as a more corrosion resistant s30v.
All in all, great little fixed blades.
I really appreciate that spyderco continues to make these. Looking forward to getting some real use out of this one
Wrong thread for this discussion, but I agree my LC200N will roll. With you on PD1. If the MagnaCut Mule doesn't work for you maybe try S110V?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

TkoK83Spy wrote:

Well, my last couple of dedicated EDC threads didn't go very well, but I plan on giving it another shot with this one. I will be out back cutting up car tires the day I get it in my hand.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
DFD04

Post by DFD04 »

Got fire hose for mine!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Already one on eBay for $225, and it has to be someone who bought one in person because they have pics of it.

*Ships from Littleton Colorado.
Last edited by Evil D on Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~David
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

A third flip on ebay at a BIN of $200. That won't last long, I don't think.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
nmtminer

Post by nmtminer »

Time out errors, the servers thinking I was using a VPN when I wasn't and then the site kept declining my card despite the fact I approved the purchase with my bank and they sold out as I kept trying. A friend of mine figured this might happen and ordered two so Ill buy it off them. Honestly even though I'm still getting one and should be happy I'm quite mad about my experience. I've bought the last two Mules and what I've gathered from these 3 experiences is that it comes down to the luck of the draw what your order experience with the site will be like. I'm fine with there being a limited supply and if someone isn't fast enough they are out of luck. But the limited supply coupled with the numerous site issues one faces makes this experience a terrible and stressful one. I spent 1hr 20mins being stressed out hoping against hope that I would get one struggling with the site entire time. With how popular these drops seem to be getting I imagine things are only going to get worse for special drops like this. Honestly if this is how Mule drops will continue to be Ill probably stop purchasing them which is a shame because I really do love the concept! Spyderco please improve your online infrastructure!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:22 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:

Well, my last couple of dedicated EDC threads didn't go very well, but I plan on giving it another shot with this one. I will be out back cutting up car tires the day I get it in my hand.
THIS is what I like to see! I can care less if someone cuts a cucumber or a sandwich. Can't wait to see how this goes!

-Rick
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:28 pm
Evil D wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:22 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:

THIS is what I like to see! I can care less if someone cuts a cucumber or a sandwich. Can't wait to see how this goes!

I haven't had the best success trying to EDC a fixed blade, so I'm not sure how the actual EDC will go but I will definitely put it to stupid use. I've got a sheath and scales on the way too. I might need to remember how to cut stuff with plain edge though lol.
~David
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

DFD04 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:23 pm
Got fire hose for mine!
Nice! That's something different, and extremely tough I can imagine. Please report back!

-Rick
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Flannel shirt lolly gags??! What what?? Lol

Whew. That was easy eh? Only took about an hour here too. Also got my card locked.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

They already hit eBay. For $200 and over
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Bolster wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:54 am
kadinh wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:45 am

Glad someone liked it :smiling-cheeks I thought it was funny. I feel like the posts I make that I feel are funny aren't funny to the majority here.

Join the crowd of unappreciated comedians. This is the least amused audience ever. Dunno why everyone is so serious on the Spyderco forums but they are...we are very literal, very un-amused people.
This forum doesn't have "likes" or a similar feedback mechanism and not everyone wants to reply with :rofl or a LOL response. I like funny posts, but i'm in the crowd that won't always reply.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

mb1 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:36 pm
Flannel shirt lolly gags??! What what?? Lol

Whew. That was easy eh? Only took about an hour here too. Also got my card locked.

Yep, believe it or not there are people who collect flannels and this same madness happens with them all the time.
~David