Just going to leave this here...

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Manixguy@1994

Re: Just going to leave this here...

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JRinFL wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:56 pm
If I am correct in my understanding, Magnacut should be a very stainless steel that also has toughness and edge holding. A hat trick not previously available on the same stainless steel. Dr. Larrin managed to move all the sliders up at the same time, rather than one down, two up like older steels.
I couldn’t say that any better , biggest reason I am interested in this steel.,MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

TazKristi wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:14 pm
Stay tuned for more details next week!
MT35P_CPM_MagnaCut_1080x720.jpg
Kristi,

You've got PM. Thanks
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Burningcort

Post by Burningcort »

Want to get this also..that steel, well it seems very very nice.
Chleiti

Post by Chleiti »

Soanso McMasters wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:58 pm
I’ve already bought sheaths through Spyderco. No stock on G10 handles though. Hope I’m lucky enough to snag one for me and my son! He’s 8 and now a dedicated Spyderco fan. He’s marked up the 2021 guide with his wishlist for Christmas! I’ve got him a dragonfly Damascus for his stocking… but a Magnacut Mule needs to go under the tree!
I emailed Halpern about their availability over the weekend, heard back this morning and already got my order confirmed- they're out of stock for some of their mule handles in micarta but they have g10 available in both contoured and flat styles. Email Jennifer and she'll get back to you with what's available, the cost, and how to order.

https://www.halperntitanium.com/spyderco-handles/
Soanso McMasters

Post by Soanso McMasters »

Chleiti wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:12 pm
Soanso McMasters wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:58 pm
I’ve already bought sheaths through Spyderco. No stock on G10 handles though. Hope I’m lucky enough to snag one for me and my son! He’s 8 and now a dedicated Spyderco fan. He’s marked up the 2021 guide with his wishlist for Christmas! I’ve got him a dragonfly Damascus for his stocking… but a Magnacut Mule needs to go under the tree!
I emailed Halpern about their availability over the weekend, heard back this morning and already got my order confirmed- they're out of stock for some of their mule handles in micarta but they have g10 available in both contoured and flat styles. Email Jennifer and she'll get back to you with what's available, the cost, and how to order.

https://www.halperntitanium.com/spyderco-handles/
Funny you say that, I just found out the same from them!
Spydieco Only

Post by Spydieco Only »

I am new to the Mule community and really hoping to grab this model.

What are the best steps to get one? Is there an official announcement or do we just need to constantly check Spyderco's website?
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

JRinFL wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:56 pm
If I am correct in my understanding, Magnacut should be a very stainless steel that also has toughness and edge holding. A hat trick not previously available on the same stainless steel. Dr. Larrin managed to move all the sliders up at the same time, rather than one down, two up like older steels.

Yes. And if memory serves, he did that by tying up the chromium in solution (where it aids in corrosion resistance) and kept the chromium mostly out of the carbides (where it makes carbides on the soft side, if you can count any carbide as "soft.") Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my memory from reading about this months ago.

I also got the impression there's a fairly narrow band of component percentages where this is possible. It's a real balancing act.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Spydieco,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Chleiti

Post by Chleiti »

Spydieco Only wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:10 am
I am new to the Mule community and really hoping to grab this model.

What are the best steps to get one? Is there an official announcement or do we just need to constantly check Spyderco's website?

There will be an announcement with the drop date here on the forum, that'll probably come sometime this week based on what was said Friday. Best advice on how to snag one (or two, depending on how many they made) is this post from Kristi:

TazKristi wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:42 pm
Tips & Tricks to Improve Your Mule Team Shopping Experience!

If you have an account on Spyderco.com - Log into it ahead of time and ensure that your billing and shipping addresses and contact information are correct and current.

If you do not have an account on Spyderco.com - Register NOW and ensure your information is correct and current.

If your Spyderco.com billing address does not match the billing address associated with your card, your purchase may be declined – that is something outside of our control. Even a simple typo of one character can cause a declined transaction.

On the day of the release, log into your account a few minutes earlier than the release time (09:00 am MDT).

Have your payment information ready to enter. We do not store credit card information on our site, but if you are comfortable storing it in your browser, I highly recommend doing so ahead of time. You might also take a minute to call your card company (the day before the release) and let them know you will be making a purchase on Spyderco.com. This can prevent any confusion about potential fraud during the transaction.

If there are other items you want to purchase at the same time, add those to your cart a few minutes before the release. This will allow you to go straight to checkout once you have added the Mule to your cart.

Do you use a VPN? You might want to disable it during the release. VPNs definitely have their place and can be a valuable tool. Unfortunately, a shocking number of VPN IPs are associated with spammers and fraudsters. Those IPs can be blocked from our site if we have encountered fraud or issues in the past. If you’d like to check the status of your IP before the release, check https://www.ipqualityscore.com/free-ip- ... y-vpn-test.

And finally, if possible, ensure you are connected with a stable internet connection with the fastest connection speed possible. We know this is not a possibility for everyone, but the truth is, the faster and more stable your connection, the easier it is to shop during popular releases.

We have done everything that we can do on our end to improve stability and speed, but there are a lot of variables outside of our control. My hope is that these tips will help improve your experience.

Thanks much!
kadinh

Post by kadinh »

I'm all set!
rhicks

Post by rhicks »

It's been a while since I have been to the Factory Outlet to buy a Mule. Is it safe to say if I'm there at 9am on 12/3 should there be stock available at the store? Actually I'd be there a bit early waiting outside.
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

rhicks wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:51 pm
It's been a while since I have been to the Factory Outlet to buy a Mule. Is it safe to say if I'm there at 9am on 12/3 should there be stock available at the store? Actually I'd be there a bit early waiting outside.
You should be fine doing that. I will be there as well.