Any Mule Team™ 32 heads-up?

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Soanso McMasters

Re: Any Mule Team™ 32 heads-up?

Post by Soanso McMasters »

I’ve never purchased a mule, but want to get one in Magnacut. What do I need to do to ensure I get one? Are they sold exclusively through Spyderco? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Rp5

Post by Rp5 »

Bolster wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:03 pm
Rp5 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:02 pm
"Better to be impatient than a mental patient." - Quote by me. Today.

Great quote!! Right up there with the old "bottle in front of me/ frontal lobotomy" gag. Well done.

Small tweak:

"Better to be impatient than an in-patient."
Fair tweak. I considered saying, "better to be impatient than show classic signs of anxiety disorder as evidenced by symptoms as described by the DSM 5."... but it didn't have the same ring to it.
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Soanso McMasters wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:59 pm
I’ve never purchased a mule, but want to get one in Magnacut. What do I need to do to ensure I get one? Are they sold exclusively through Spyderco? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Yes, they're sold exclusively through Spyderco.
Follow Tips and Tricks advice from Kristi, it will help:
TazKristi wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:42 pm
Tips & Tricks to Improve Your Mule Team Shopping Experience!

If you have an account on Spyderco.com - Log into it ahead of time and ensure that your billing and shipping addresses and contact information are correct and current.

If you do not have an account on Spyderco.com - Register NOW and ensure your information is correct and current.

If your Spyderco.com billing address does not match the billing address associated with your card, your purchase may be declined – that is something outside of our control. Even a simple typo of one character can cause a declined transaction.

On the day of the release, log into your account a few minutes earlier than the release time (09:00 am MDT).

Have your payment information ready to enter. We do not store credit card information on our site, but if you are comfortable storing it in your browser, I highly recommend doing so ahead of time. You might also take a minute to call your card company (the day before the release) and let them know you will be making a purchase on Spyderco.com. This can prevent any confusion about potential fraud during the transaction.

If there are other items you want to purchase at the same time, add those to your cart a few minutes before the release. This will allow you to go straight to checkout once you have added the Mule to your cart.

Do you use a VPN? You might want to disable it during the release. VPNs definitely have their place and can be a valuable tool. Unfortunately, a shocking number of VPN IPs are associated with spammers and fraudsters. Those IPs can be blocked from our site if we have encountered fraud or issues in the past. If you’d like to check the status of your IP before the release, check https://www.ipqualityscore.com/free-ip- ... y-vpn-test.

And finally, if possible, ensure you are connected with a stable internet connection with the fastest connection speed possible. We know this is not a possibility for everyone, but the truth is, the faster and more stable your connection, the easier it is to shop during popular releases.

We have done everything that we can do on our end to improve stability and speed, but there are a lot of variables outside of our control. My hope is that these tips will help improve your experience.

Thanks much!
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Rp5 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:25 am
Fair tweak. I considered saying, "better to be impatient than show classic signs of anxiety disorder as evidenced by symptoms as described by the DSM 5."... but it didn't have the same ring to it.
LOL!

Brevity may be the soul of wit, but then verbosity must be the soul of precision, right?
lilshaver

Post by lilshaver »

This being patient thing is far over rated. I was laid back waiting for the MT31 drop and missed it. So beware relaxing too much.
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

lilshaver wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:24 pm
This being patient thing is far over rated. I was laid back waiting for the MT31 drop and missed it. So beware relaxing too much.
Yup, it's more like you snooze - you lose.
kadinh

Post by kadinh »

I have been off this forum for a few years, came back yesterday after watching a YT recommended video on Magnacut. Crazy to see how many mules have been out since. My only mule is the M390 one I bought when they were released.
123.jpg
I'm interested to see what's released next, hoping for Vanax, Rex121, or Magnacut. And hopefully I can get my hands on one this time!

sidenote, would love to see a chart with toughness/wear resistance/corrosion resistance with the following steels:

3V
zmax
zwear
maxamet
cruwear
rex121
k390
vanax
magnacut
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Hi Kadinh! The next one is definitely MagnaCut
Soanso McMasters

Post by Soanso McMasters »

kadinh wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:15 am
I have been off this forum for a few years, came back yesterday after watching a YT recommended video on Magnacut. Crazy to see how many mules have been out since. My only mule is the M390 one I bought when they were released.

123.jpg

I'm interested to see what's released next, hoping for Vanax, Rex121, or Magnacut. And hopefully I can get my hands on one this time!

sidenote, would love to see a chart with toughness/wear resistance/corrosion resistance with the following steels:

3V
zmax
zwear
maxamet
cruwear
rex121
k390
vanax
magnacut
Here you go! Courtesy of Dr. Larrin: https://knifesteelnerds.com/2021/10/19/ ... esistance/
kadinh

Post by kadinh »

Soanso McMasters wrote: Here you go! Courtesy of Dr. Larrin: https://knifesteelnerds.com/2021/10/19/ ... esistance/
Nice! Thank you!
AlexRus wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:07 pm
Cool, cool. Is everyone generally excited for it or were they hoping for something else?

Looks to me like MagnaCut is a very corrosion resistant CruWear, yes?
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

kadinh wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:50 pm
Soanso McMasters wrote: Here you go! Courtesy of Dr. Larrin: https://knifesteelnerds.com/2021/10/19/ ... esistance/
Nice! Thank you!
AlexRus wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:07 pm
Cool, cool. Is everyone generally excited for it or were they hoping for something else?

I guess most are excited about upcoming MagnaCut Mule)
A little bit about MagnaCut steel https://knifenews.com/larrin-thomas-tal ... rgy-steel/
Rp5

Post by Rp5 »

kadinh wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:50 pm
I think that's a fair comparison, I had the same thought myself.

Of course, it's oversimplifying and doesn't take grain structure and yada yada into account, so maybe there's more benefit to test it on its own merits.
kadinh

Post by kadinh »

TBH, if someone handed me 5 knives in different steels (ie. 3V, Vanadis 8, Z-Max, 440A, and S125V), I would not be able to tell a difference. I get too tied up in the numbers sometimes.
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

kadinh wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:25 am
TBH, if someone handed me 5 knives in different steels (ie. 3V, Vanadis 8, Z-Max, 440A, and S125V), I would not be able to tell a difference. I get too tied up in the numbers sometimes.
I bet you could tell the difference while sharpening
Justin
kadinh

Post by kadinh »

crazywednesday wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:22 pm
kadinh wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:25 am
I bet you could tell the difference while sharpening
I bet the majority could, but I am horrible at sharpening. I stick to my Sharpmaker and Wicked Edge. Recently been just carrying a Chaves CHUB at work so I dont have to deal with sharpening.