MT30: Time to decide what's next

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
RustyIron

MT30: Time to decide what's next

Post by RustyIron »

UPS dude just slid a box under the garage door.
Pretty soon I'll have to make a decision what to do with this one. I'll have to pilfer through the woodpile to see if there's any good chunks. Otherwise maybe I'll buy some plastic.
IMG_2829.jpeg
IMG_2832.jpeg
IMG_2833.jpeg
Photo on 8-24-21 at 12.01 PM.jpg
Josh Crutchley

Re: MT30: Time to decide what's next

Post by Josh Crutchley »

When ever I manage to pick up another mule I'm going to find some Birdseye or ribbon maple. I've already made over 5 sets of scales for my PD#1 mule and the natural wood looks the best to me. On a folder I like carbon fiber and g-10, not so much on a fixed blade.
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Any stickers with the Mule Z-WEAR? :bug-red-white
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

No stickers. About two months ago I got a Ladybug K390 with a sticker. Last month I got an Endura K390 with no sticker. And this Mule has no sticker. If there's a pattern, I haven't spotted it yet.

Also... I found some tabebuia wood yesterday, so this Mule might get some decorative wood scales.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I've mostly been getting stickers with new models, anything released after about the same time as the seconds sale last year has pretty much had them. This mule did not, I got loads of stickers from the seconds sale last year so I'm pretty happy. Been buying a lot of sprints/exclusives so they can't be old stock and I got the impression that most new knives ship with them. Not sure about any variation.