MT30P - Mule Team Featuring Z-Wear PM - Release Date

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
TazKristi

MT30P - Mule Team Featuring Z-Wear PM - Release Date

Post by TazKristi »

Hey, everyone!
We're happy to announce the MT30P Z-Wear PM Mule Team will be released on Thursday, 19-Aug-2021 at 09:00 am MDT.

You'll find it and more details here.

Mule Team handle scales (MTGBK) and sheaths (MTLSH) and (MTSH) will also be available through SFO (sold separately).

Shipping information can be found here.

Sales will be limited to two per household. Please be aware that the Z-Wear PM Mule was planned and produced before discussions about increasing quantities.

Don't forget to come back and share your experience in the Mule Team sub-forum! We'll be watching, and we can't wait to see what everyone does next! :bug-red

Kristi

P.S.
See next post for Tips & Tricks to improve your shopping experience.

**EDITED to correct limit. It was two per household. Sorry for any confusion!**
There is nothing more important than this one day.
TazKristi

Re: MT30P - Mule Team Featuring Z-Wear PM - Release Date

Post by TazKristi »

Tips & Tricks to Improve Your Mule Team Shopping Experience!

If you have an account on Spyderco.com - Log into it ahead of time and ensure that your billing and shipping addresses and contact information are correct and current.

If you do not have an account on Spyderco.com - Register NOW and ensure your information is correct and current.

If your Spyderco.com billing address does not match the billing address associated with your card, your purchase may be declined – that is something outside of our control. Even a simple typo of one character can cause a declined transaction.

On the day of the release, log into your account a few minutes earlier than the release time (09:00 am MDT).

Have your payment information ready to enter. We do not store credit card information on our site, but if you are comfortable storing it in your browser, I highly recommend doing so ahead of time. You might also take a minute to call your card company (the day before the release) and let them know you will be making a purchase on Spyderco.com. This can prevent any confusion about potential fraud during the transaction.

If there are other items you want to purchase at the same time, add those to your cart a few minutes before the release. This will allow you to go straight to checkout once you have added the Mule to your cart.

Do you use a VPN? You might want to disable it during the release. VPNs definitely have their place and can be a valuable tool. Unfortunately, a shocking number of VPN IPs are associated with spammers and fraudsters. Those IPs can be blocked from our site if we have encountered fraud or issues in the past. If you’d like to check the status of your IP before the release, check https://www.ipqualityscore.com/free-ip- ... y-vpn-test.

And finally, if possible, ensure you are connected with a stable internet connection with the fastest connection speed possible. We know this is not a possibility for everyone, but the truth is, the faster and more stable your connection, the easier it is to shop during popular releases.

We have done everything that we can do on our end to improve stability and speed, but there are a lot of variables outside of our control. My hope is that these tips will help improve your experience.

Thanks much!
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Knivesofaspyder

Post by Knivesofaspyder »

Awesome! Looking forward to hopefully snagging one :)
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Thanks for the update!
Any word on pricing? thanks 🙏
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
Knivesofaspyder

Post by Knivesofaspyder »

Fireman wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:06 pm
Thanks for the update!
Any word on pricing? thanks 🙏
I believe $50. That's what it's listed as on the webstore and has been mentioned here a couple times by staff.
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

If I get one I may mod it to be short handled
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Thanks Kristi!
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Alright time to get my game face on!!!
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Wooo! I'm just now getting to put together the Z-max mule and I missed the S45Vn :( Work is drastically interrupting with my mule time.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

In for one if I can get it. I am hoping that the z-wear is more corrosion resistant than the z-max.

Also has Spyderco ever produced a challenge coin? Thought about it because Olight just made one they are giving out. I have close to 100 coins and a Spyderco coin would be cool too.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

WilliamMunny wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:56 am
In for one if I can get it. I am hoping that the z-wear is more corrosion resistant than the z-max.

Also has Spyderco ever produced a challenge coin? Thought about it because Olight just made one they are giving out. I have close to 100 coins and a Spyderco coin would be cool too.
Yes. There's a few different Versions of Spydercoins in stk at several dealers. Here the 2021... https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/COIN2021/2075
•• Beau
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

Giddy up, Yah Mule!
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Isn't this the steel that's fairly comparable to Cruwear and PD1?
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Yep!
attila

Post by attila »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:41 pm
Isn't this the steel that's fairly comparable to Cruwear and PD1?
Yes, it is allegedly sometimes even exactly the same steel, as Crucible apparently supplies CPM Cru-wear to Zapp USA who then sells it as Z-wear.

PD#1 is Carpenter’s version. Of the elements we talk about most, the data sheets say that PD#1 has marginally less C and V and marginally more Cr and W, but given the same heat treatment, they should be so close as to be indistinguishable from each other.
WilliamMunny wrote: I am hoping that the z-wear is more corrosion resistant than the z-max.
It absolutely will be if the heat treat isn’t botched! I’ve cut citrus and other patina-inducing foodstuffs with my Cruwear Spydies and haven’t had even a hint of patina.

Don’t be fooled by the near-stainless qualities during use, though. If you leave it with corrosives on it, it will rust in time. I just found some rust speckles on my Manix that I neglected to clean after it’s last use a few weeks ago. It was minimal, but noteworthy.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
sal

Post by sal »

WilliamMunny wrote:
We are now making a support our fire fighters coin, which is also very cool.

sal
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

sal wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:19 pm
WilliamMunny wrote:
We are now making a support our fire fighters coin, which is also very cool.

sal
Good to hear, I always have fun collecting them. I have about 100 from around the world as I always try to exchange them. If I ever get to Golden, CO I will have to exchange with you guys, the coins from my job are pretty unique/hard to get. I tend to only trade or get them if I have been to the locations. It usually means a bit more.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I picked up a couple of challenge coins lately, I think the last 2 main spydercoins. That firefighter one looks awesome. I'm trying to figure out whether I know anyone who would appreciate it.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

And thanks, Kristi! Great tips. The only thing I'd add is to try to be patient. The store doesn't seem to actually crash, just can't connect properly when overloaded. it will ease up. Hopefully before they're sold out.
Manifestgtr

Post by Manifestgtr »

Ohhhhh man, I’m gearin up for this one 🤤

My z-wear shaman is my number one. A z-wear fixed blade mule would be absolutely incredible. I’m gonna catch this one if it’s the last thing I do…
Crucarta: Shaman (x2), Manix 2, Lil Native, Delica, GB2 & PM2
Notable: 52100 and Cruwear Millie. “15v-arta” Shaman. REC Manix. K-carta Endura, P4, Dragonfly and Delica.
Favorites: Shaman, Sage 5 lightweight, Sheeps Caribbean, Manix, Endela and all things Stretch