MT30P - Mule Team Featuring Z-Wear PM - Release Date

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Badger410

Re: MT30P - Mule Team Featuring Z-Wear PM - Release Date

Post by Badger410 »

AlexRus wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:20 am
Mine arrived today! :respect :bug-red-white
Great news. :smlling-eyes
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Badger410 wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:43 pm
AlexRus wrote:
Great news. :smlling-eyes
Thank you! :smlling-eyes
Team Sick

Post by Team Sick »

AlexRus wrote:
Congrats!
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Team Sick wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:38 pm
AlexRus wrote:
Congrats!
Thanks! :smlling-eyes
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

Z-Wear Mule is now in the stable. Needs a new harness and a bit of hay to chew, into nicely sliced strips.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

ykspydiefan wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:01 am
Z-Wear Mule is now in the stable. Needs a new harness and a bit of hay to chew, into nicely sliced strips.
Awesome! Congrats! :bug-red-white
FullScaler

Post by FullScaler »

I never did get a shipping notification but mine arrived to the great white north yesterday. It is my first experience with this Z-wear. So far I must say that it feels really "crisp" and was probably my sharpest factory edge Mule so far.
Every day in my pockets, Wallet, Keys, Phone, Light, and Knife.

Https://BladeProtection.com
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

FullScaler wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:10 pm
I never did get a shipping notification but mine arrived to the great white north yesterday. It is my first experience with this Z-wear. So far I must say that it feels really "crisp" and was probably my sharpest factory edge Mule so far.
Congrats!
I never got my shipping notification either, so I just called Spyderco, told them my order number and asked for the package Tracking number :bug-red-white
standy99

Post by standy99 »

It seems like Australia is on the other side of the world or something….. :thinking

Still waiting for mine….
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

standy99 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:59 am
It seems like Australia is on the other side of the world or something….. :thinking

Still waiting for mine….
Hmmm... I don't think that Australia is farther from the US than Russia, which is where I am
:thinking
marshy

Post by marshy »

standy99 wrote:

Still waiting for mine….
I'm in the same boat. I requested the tracking info and it says that "Your item departed a transfer airport in KINGSFORD SMITH, SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA on September 6, 2021 at 9:59 pm."

But nothing further.

Hoping it arrives this week! :)
Tenacious, PM3, PM2, Southfork, Sustain
standy99

Post by standy99 »

marshy wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:53 pm
standy99 wrote:

Still waiting for mine….
I'm in the same boat. I requested the tracking info and it says that "Your item departed a transfer airport in KINGSFORD SMITH, SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA on September 6, 2021 at 9:59 pm."

But nothing further.

I’m in Darwin so it’s usually 7-10 from Sydney for anything.
Funny as last one was like record time from the US for anything.

Whatever happens I’m used to it and have four that need handles made before this one.
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

standy99 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:33 am
marshy wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:53 pm
standy99 wrote:

Still waiting for mine….

But nothing further.

I’m in Darwin so it’s usually 7-10 from Sydney for anything.
Funny as last one was like record time from the US for anything.

Whatever happens I’m used to it and have four that need handles made before this one.
Hope your Mule will arrive soon Andy! :bug-red
David R

Post by David R »

Edited...

No Z-wear for me. UPS shows it was delivered to me on Aug 29. Spyderco says they got the package returned from UPS with no note as to why. Unfortunately, they sold my knife to somebody else.

Checked with UPS. The delivery address they had was for Illinois, not Oregon. So either the tracking # is wrong or the address was wrong. I'll need to get a refund from Spyderco.

Spyderco claims I received shipping notification. I can't find it. Perhaps because they had the wrong contact info for my order? This one is confusing. Either way, I'll have to pay the 3x going rate to get a Z-wear Mule.
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

My Z-wear order was mixed up too. I was able to phone Spyderco and sort it out. It did take more than a week, I did have to say please a couple times, and I did have to suggest some creative solutions. I feel like Spyderco handled my situation in the best possible way. Thanks team.

It will be another 2 weeks or so until the Mule lands here, but I would rather be waiting for the last one to arrive vs. only waiting for the next one to drop.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
JK47

Post by JK47 »

David R wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:01 am
Edited...

No Z-wear for me. UPS shows it was delivered to me on Aug 29. Spyderco says they got the package returned from UPS with no note as to why. Unfortunately, they sold my knife to somebody else.

Checked with UPS. The delivery address they had was for Illinois, not Oregon. So either the tracking # is wrong or the address was wrong. I'll need to get a refund from Spyderco.

Spyderco claims I received shipping notification. I can't find it. Perhaps because they had the wrong contact info for my order? This one is confusing. Either way, I'll have to pay the 3x going rate to get a Z-wear Mule.
Yeah, kind of sad seeing them flipped immediately on ebay for a hefty sum...
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

David R wrote:
Edited...

David, I'd like to jump in here. I just sent you a private message. Please take a look when you have a moment.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
lilshaver

Post by lilshaver »

David R wrote:
Edited...

So David while I may not be Paul Harvey here is the rest of the story. I ordered a Z-Wear mule and a sheath when released. Upon delivery what I found when I opened the package was two mules plus two invoices yours and mine. I immediately checked the address label and it was to me so I got on the phone to Spyderco. I explained what had happened and that I suspected the order to you had been messed up also since your invoice was included in my order. They said they would send a shipping label and to return the extra mule in the original package and they would ship my missing sheath. I repackaged the extra mule with a note and your invoice and sent it back to Spyderco. I later received my sheath and I am well for my order. Sadly as I feared you are not. I hope you have received or will be receiving at least one of your two mules if not both.
John
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

I hope everything will work out well guys!
David R

Post by David R »

lilshaver wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:39 am
David R wrote:
Edited...

So David while I may not be Paul Harvey here is the rest of the story. I ordered a Z-Wear mule and a sheath when released. Upon delivery what I found when I opened the package was two mules plus two invoices yours and mine. I immediately checked the address label and it was to me so I got on the phone to Spyderco. I explained what had happened and that I suspected the order to you had been messed up also since your invoice was included in my order. They said they would send a shipping label and to return the extra mule in the original package and they would ship my missing sheath. I repackaged the extra mule with a note and your invoice and sent it back to Spyderco. I later received my sheath and I am well for my order. Sadly as I feared you are not. I hope you have received or will be receiving at least one of your two mules if not both.
John
Wow... that is amazing that you got my Mule and that you saw my message. One of those small world things. Thanks for sending it back.

Here's my take: Spyderco does a great job. I've done shipping for a living. It's hard work and mistakes can happen. This is the first time I've ever had an issue with Spyderco sending me something. It's not a big deal.

I ordered one on eBay for ~$130. I have every Mule (except for the elusive Damascus one) so I'm used to paying what I need to get some of them. Not a big deal, and I'll get the next ones from Spyderco.

Really did not mean to make Spyderco look bad and should probably have not posted. However, it was worth it to get this cool story and learn what happened to my order.