MT30P - Mule Team Featuring Z-Wear PM - Release Date

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
TazKristi

Re: MT30P - Mule Team Featuring Z-Wear PM - Release Date

Post by TazKristi »

Mango wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:06 pm
Just wanted to throw this out there in case this applies to anyone who has not received any notifications or have not had their card charged yet. I did receive a confirmation from Spyderco that said my order was accepted along with a purchase order number. When I placed this order I was at work and due to my potential bothersome enthusiasm with this particular blade, I even got some non knife enthusiasts excited as well and the few who showed interest all were able to purchase this particular Mule. Unfortunately one of the three who purchased this was not working from home that day but with me at the office and his speed with the keyboard was far superior to mine and submitted his purchase before I could. Today he mentioned to me that he should receive his Mule tomorrow. I have not had any indication my purchase was moving forward. So I called Spyderco and was told that my order was cancelled. $%^&#@!*&^%$ I asked why and was told it was because I tried to order twice and therefore the second attempt was cancelled. I explained that this was not the case but was then told two purchases were made from the same IP address.
Then it hit me. 2 per household. For some of you this might mean your shipping address, perhaps the email associated with a purchase, the specific credit card number or some other reason. But the IP address never entered my mind and I suppose that one is on me. But I work with a semi large company with around of 80 employees and VPN's are not allowed and the use of the internet is basically locked down for general searches and approved sites of which Spyderco was one of. Using ones personal cell phone may or may not work due to horrible reception in the city so we generally use wifi for calling, for internet, or use the company provided phone. With all of that, for these 80 or so people, it's all the same IP address. Only one of us can make a purchase with Spyderco during Mule time.
Spyderco, you can do better. I understand this technicality was on me for not understanding how this worked. For me this didn't seem to be common knowledge. Of the many many times I've lost out on a Mule purchase due to just not being fast enough or dealing with the &^%$@#*& who use bots to make their purchases, but I don't do that and try to play fair and accept that when I can't make a purchase better luck next time. But I actually got in, and then lost it over this **** IP address scenario.
So if any of this winded story applies to any of you who made a purchase where others were also making purchases under the same roof (doesn't mean household!!!) then know it was because of the IP address and that's why you may not have received any notifications. And Spyderco, if you would be so kind, would you mind making it more clear as to what household means? I understand I may be a minority with this particular situation but I would think this isn't the first time this has happened.
Hi, Mango:
Welcome to our forum (I know you joined a while ago, but since this is your first post I wanted to extend a welcome). I'm sorry it's been a frustrating experience, but I'd like to address some of the details.

First, we utilize software that blocks bots from our site. I can assure everyone that bots are not purchasing through Spyderco.com. They do try, but they don't succeed.

We use multiple points of data when reviewing orders for Mules (or any limited release). We don't take the task lightly and we try to be as fair as possible to everyone. We don't rely solely on technology, and when we're dealing with a limited release, we review every order placed before we start shipping anything. IP Addresses are just one data point that we review, but part of that process is looking to see what type of connection is in use (Residential vs. Commercial). In your case, the IP was noted as residential.

I appreciate your feedback, and we'll definitely consider it as we move forward. Please understand, we do our absolute best to ensure the integrity of any limited release and the order limits placed on it. Unfortunately, with each release, we've found people who were not abiding by the limits set - truthfully, there seems to be more of them each time and some are more blatant than others.

I should also note that SFO does send an e-mail to anyone whose order is cancelled.

We always look for ways to improve and will continue to do so. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Team Sick

Post by Team Sick »

I got my Mules today and I'm ever so happy.
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Team Sick wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:07 pm
Congrats! Mine is still on its way :bug-red
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Team Sick wrote:
Do they have those small round Spyderco stickers in the boxes? :thinking
Badger410

Post by Badger410 »

I got notification this morning that mine has cleared UK customs. :party-face
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Badger410 wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:23 am
I got notification this morning that mine has cleared UK customs. :party-face
That's awesome! Congrats! :bug-red
spock91

Post by spock91 »

AlexRus wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:12 am
Team Sick wrote:
Mine didn't. :disappointed
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

AlexRus wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:12 am
Team Sick wrote:
I got a sticker with my z-max but not with my z-wear.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Badger410

Post by Badger410 »

Mine arrived this morning. :smlling-eyes

As others have stated it was sharp OOB. It wasn't consistently sharp along the whole edge, would only cut standing paper close to the plunge line but whole edge shaved arm hair.
The pic may not show it too well but there is a slight recurve of the grind at the tip. Nothing that isn't easily fixed.
The extended choil may prove irritating for sharpening on my KME. I personally don't like how it looks either, so I may remove it once I've decided on a plan for this mule.

Murat_Cyp

Post by Murat_Cyp »

The money is taken from my account but did not receive a shipping notification. Shall I get worried? I have tried to contact Spyderco before a couple of times using their contact page but never had a reply. So, I do not want to chase that route again.
Badger410

Post by Badger410 »

Badger410 wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:33 am
I have created a poll/survey, I'd appreciate it, if everyone would submit their experience.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90519
Murat_Cyp wrote: The money is taken from my account but did not receive a shipping notification. Shall I get worried? I have tried to contact Spyderco before a couple of times using their contact page but never had a reply. So, I do not want to chase that route again.

I think as the money has been taken you'll be fine. My first order took about 3 weeks to arrive.

If you haven't already please add your experience to the thread/survey I quoted above.

Hope your mule arrives soon.
Team Sick

Post by Team Sick »

AlexRus wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:05 am
Team Sick wrote:
No stickers. :disappointed
Team Sick

Post by Team Sick »

Team Sick wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:05 pm
AlexRus wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:05 am
Team Sick wrote:
No stickers. :disappointed
None with mine either. :(
vanka

Post by vanka »

Mine just got delivered to the concierge office. I'll pick it up after work.
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

vanka wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:18 am
Mine just got delivered to the concierge office. I'll pick it up after work.
That's awesome! Congrats! :bug-red-white

I'm still waiting for mine to show up)
AmpliFyre

Post by AmpliFyre »

I’m still waiting. CC charged on the 24th and I am stateside.
David R

Post by David R »

AmpliFyre wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:01 pm
I’m still waiting. CC charged on the 24th and I am stateside.
Same here. In my experience it's unusual for Spyderco to take this long to ship. Of course Covid has changed things.
Murat_Cyp

Post by Murat_Cyp »

Got mine today!
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Murat_Cyp wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:41 am
Got mine today!
Congrats! Hope to get mine soon :bug-red
AlexRus