Saturday Project W/ The Mule Team

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Pokey

Saturday Project W/ The Mule Team

Post by Pokey »

I have a new cat in the house who isn’t socialized with my older cat yet. So, she has to stay in the bathroom while I’m away at work. The problem with this is she reaches under the door and scratches the carpet.

I thought about getting a sheet of thick plastic to lay under the door so she couldn’t even reach the carpet.

I ran by a local ranch/home/feed store and bought two replacement trays for a portable kennel. The trays were nested and stacked on the shelf. I figured that they would work perfect. I cut one edge off of each tray so I could lay one on top of the other and accordion the trays out to fit the full width of the doorway.

I used a Craftsman Handi-Cut to start cutting the trays, but used my PD-1 Mule for making long push cuts and detail trimming to make the trays fit the door jamb. I figured the Mule would work better than a folder, and it did. Using a hammer hold and push cuts on the Mule I could really tell the blade would start to cut better when the plastic was within 2” (5 cm) of the handles. (This is why Spyderco makes the Enuff series of knives.)

The PD-1 is still sharp enough to shave hair, and Andi is thrilled with the results! :D
Attachments
1C6D3152-7703-41F8-8C76-E79C2E1C915C.jpeg
0F7608AC-999D-47BC-ADA1-3B2787C49BB2.jpeg
36A6C3A5-3AB6-4C2F-8DEC-C82DF739D671.jpeg
Last edited by Pokey on Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
sal

Re: Saturday Project W/ The Mule Team

Post by sal »

Hi Pokey,

Thanx for sharing. It seems that the Mule Team project has expanded into a wide range of topics. Thanx Kristi and the Mule Team folks. (Still need a name for you? )

sal