Mule Team 30 Z-WEAR PM release date?

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
AlexRus

Mule Team 30 Z-WEAR PM release date?

Post by AlexRus »

Any heads-up on the Mule Team Z-Wear release date?
Zive

Re: Mule Team 30 Z-WEAR PM release date?

Post by Zive »

Kristi tends to post (and pin) it when they’re good and ready. Until then your guess is as good as any.
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

AlexRus wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:01 am
Any heads-up on the Mule Team Z-Wear release date?
It seems really random, before I would say in 2-3 months. But the z-max came out surprisingly fast.

I just wish there was a better list of future steels. I am interested in z-wear but if I knew MagnaCut was coming out this year I might skip z-wear.
Last edited by WilliamMunny on Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Someone told me that Zapp is working on a new technology where the PM process takes place under many atmospheres of pressure of a proprietary mix of hydrogen, nitrogen, hydrogen sulfide, and methane.

They plan to call it Under-Wear.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Bolster wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:00 am
Someone told me that Zapp is working on a new technology where the PM process takes place under many atmospheres of pressure of a proprietary mix of hydrogen, nitrogen, hydrogen sulfide, and methane.

:eek: :p

I have been told Z-Wear PM is melted by Crucible and rolled by Niagara, and therefore IS CPM-CRUWEAR. Not merely identical to it. This person also claimed to have been EDCing MagnaCut “as long as anyone”. They may well have gotten in on the initial batch of MagnaCut, but this was the first time I’d heard that Crucible made Z-Wear. IF this is true, what is Zapp’s contribution to Z-Wear PM? Distribution and marketing?
notfixingit

Post by notfixingit »

I was told they are done but we don't deserve to buy them yet..

Granted I was told this by my 4y old daughter, not sure what kind of connections she has at Spyderco 🤣
----------------------------------------------------
Spyderco and Tops enthusiast
Obsessed with DLC Cruwear for some reason
Knives, Guns, and Watches, yes please

- Tom aka NotFixingIT
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:08 am
Bolster wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:00 am

:eek: :p

I have been told Z-Wear PM is melted by Crucible and rolled by Niagara, and therefore IS CPM-CRUWEAR. Not merely identical to it. This person also claimed to have been EDCing MagnaCut “as long as anyone”. They may well have gotten in on the initial batch of MagnaCut, but this was the first time I’d heard that Crucible made Z-Wear. IF this is true, what is Zapp’s contribution to Z-Wear PM? Distribution and marketing?

Seems legit based on this 2010 article. https://www.syracuse.com/news/2010/01/c ... signs.html

Zapp is licensed to sell CPM products in Europe, but now it’s here in the US so it seems something changed.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

A rose by any other name still has sweet carbides. I just want one to modify :D :usflag
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'm _more_ interested in it because of it's similarity to PD1 and CruWear (which I have for comparison). I'd love to see a PGK mule to add another data point as well.
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Waiting)
PBWilson

Post by PBWilson »

August 19th! You won't have to wait too long.