New member of the Mule Team

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Kloeshuman

New member of the Mule Team

Post by Kloeshuman »

It's not the latest mule but it's new to me, it's a MT19. Just picked it up off the bay. Never been used so we will see what I get :D
Bolster

Re: New member of the Mule Team

Post by Bolster »

Kloeshuman wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:55 pm
It's not the latest mule but it's new to me, it's a MT19. Just picked it up off the bay. Never been used so we will see what I get :D
Welcome, Mule and Mulesketeer. MT19, that's...PSF27 yes? The steel that's between ingot D2 and PM D2? Sounds good to me...
Kloeshuman

Post by Kloeshuman »

You are correct! Can not wait to get it
Kloeshuman

Post by Kloeshuman »

I'm thinking about a Paracord wrap on the grip for now, and a sheath of some sort
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Yablanowitz has an awesome cardboard and duct-tape sheath that can be made quickly! And then there's CK's kydex tutorial. Do you know leatherwork? Let us know what you come up with.
Knivesofaspyder

Post by Knivesofaspyder »

I think I was looking at that one on Ebay too. I checked back today and the listing was gone. Congrats and enjoy the knife :)
archangel

Post by archangel »

Kloeshuman wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:48 pm
I'm thinking about a Paracord wrap on the grip for now, and a sheath of some sort

Nothing wrong with paracord wrap, believe me. ;) Offers a million options for your preferred look, and on top a real good grip. Try a two layer wrap, makes the grip much more comfy. :) And working Kydex is really a piece of cake.

PSF27 is a good choice for a fixed blade. You'll like it. I like my Junction (using the same steel), have used it in kitchen 4 or 5 times for some cutting/chopping, and it did well. It hit some bones, and ate some chopping board, yet the sharpness did not suffer. No touching up needed so far.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Kloeshuman

Post by Kloeshuman »

Thanks everyone for the replies, I would love to get some scales made for the knife at some point, but first it's para cord and try to make a sheath. May end up purchasing a sheath from Spyderco though
Kloeshuman

Post by Kloeshuman »

Well it arrived today! 😁😁😁😁 I'm really loving it 🥰 and it doesn't look like it's ever been used, the seller thought it wasn't but was not sure. Going to attack the para cord tomorrow
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I can tell you that the leather Spyderco sheath is simple but very nice. Thick leather, good fit/look/smell (important for me when I buy leather), and a reasonable price. I haven't picked up the concealex(boltaron) one yet - they sold out before the Z-max sale so I got a mule and a 17" Vanquest bag. Picked up a matched scale and sheath set on ebay for about 80 bucks. Not a magical price or anything, pretty close to the SFO price, but it's well made, a slender design (vs the 3d grippy G10 scales SFO sells - I think I prefer those ones but honestly, I could probably go either way and it was easier to buy the set instead of hunting aroiund where people were generally charging more), the fit is snug and would be nearly impossible to have the retention fail (it becomes much easier to unsheath by pulling one side of the kydex (very similar to boltaron under normal temperatures, higher temp to shape boltaron but it's a bit more forgiving of extremes), and when it "splits" a bit the knife comes out pretty easily. It's a simlple design, not super material heavy but executed well, light, slim and it looks pretty decent. a guy named Oleg sells them on eBay.
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

The Spyderco concealex sheath is quite good. I bought one last fall and it’s a good tight fit. It came with a G clip. Good package.
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder: