Who got a Z-Max?

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Fireman

Who got a Z-Max?

Post by Fireman »

I am not sure how many were made but I lucked out and got a Z-Max. Maybe that one per household helped. The website was running a bit slow at the time but not even close to as bad as when the 2nds sale was on. Thank you Spyderco team for working on making the crunch to your tech infrastructure work well.
Looking forward to playing, er, um, I mean serious work with Z-Max.
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
SpydieTerp

Re: Who got a Z-Max?

Post by SpydieTerp »

Everyone is chatting here.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=89795
Current collection: Bow River, Chaparral Raffir Noble XHP, Dragonfly ZDP-189, Lil' Native M4, Manix 2 LW 20CV, Native 5 LW SPY27, Native Chief M4, Para 2 S30V, Para 2 20CV, Para 3 LW BD1N, Para 33 DLC CRU-WEAR, Para 3 Maxamet, Salt 2 SE, Shaman S30V, SpydieChef LC200N, Tenacious S35VN
Recent purchases: Shaman S30V
On the radar: Caribbean Sheepsfoot
Lost: Delica 4 LW (stolen), Native 5 LW S110V (kept by TSA screener / refused to mail)
Wishlist: Shaman Micarta
Alexander135

Post by Alexander135 »

They definitely sold out quickly. 17 minutes after release they are gone. I got one, fortunately.
ArnAnders89

Post by ArnAnders89 »

I was 8 minutes late getting to my computer and thought I was ******* but was able to snags one 😅

*EDITED - TazKristi*
hijinxtx

Post by hijinxtx »

I followed the directions from Kristi, got in a little early, put a sheath and a set of grips in the cart, waited and put a Z29 in the cart and went to check out! Yay, got one! Then after entering card info and complete order, a message came up saying the sheath is to of stock, to remove the Z29 to continue! No no! Removed the sheath and went back to check out and the Z29 was gone. And of course sold out! But I tried, and will remember next time just get the knife and get out! No worries!
sbdude

Post by sbdude »

I was able to get one. Site was slow and I had a little problem with CC but was still able to get completed in time. Really looking forward to trying this one out.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

hijinxtx wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:26 am
I followed the directions from Kristi, got in a little early, put a sheath and a set of grips in the cart, waited and put a Z29 in the cart and went to check out! Yay, got one! Then after entering card info and complete order, a message came up saying the sheath is to of stock, to remove the Z29 to continue! No no! Removed the sheath and went back to check out and the Z29 was gone. And of course sold out! But I tried, and will remember next time just get the knife and get out! No worries!

That's too bad :( Let's just hope that Spyderco does a z-max folder in the future!
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
PBWilson

Post by PBWilson »

I followed the suggestion to put another item in my cart and add the Z-Max. I went through the process with a sheath, but when I submitted it (like hijinxtx) I got the message about the sheath being out of stock. The internet gods must've been smiling on me because I was able to get a Z-Max Mule even after submitting my info again.

It'll be interesting to see how it stacks up against some of the other Mules (especially my Maxamet, K390 and S110V).

Thanks Sal for limiting the sale to only one per customer. Good policy and more fair to everyone.
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Hijinxtx, bummer! I know the feeling. I had that a few times on the seconds day. Perhaps we should start a “Pass the Mule” around group so that we can play with the ones we did not get in the past curing some of the FOMO and GAS. I guess we can have a “passing score” of how many mules were returned in good standing. It could be “Pass a Mule, Receive a Mule” one for one thing. There would have to be some agreement on who would do the sharpening afterwards. This makes me think of swapping time shares lol. In a way, we are all just travelers here sharing our time and things…Sorry. That is too deep for a Tuesday morning.
Team Sick

Post by Team Sick »

I got an e-mail confirmation that I got one! I don't know how after a few screw-ups, but I got one.
dlrflyer

Post by dlrflyer »

I got one at 9:08 Golden time. Had to refresh several times. Hopefully, Halpern gets on the stick and provide a variety of scales.
LSUisSEC

Post by LSUisSEC »

Got my first. Sheath and scales until i make my own.
archangel

Post by archangel »

Alexander135 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:19 am
They definitely sold out quickly. 17 minutes after release they are gone. I got one, fortunately.

They were actually gone in less than 12 minutes. I started to be really nervous when crappy google forms kept telling me it needs to verify me after I tried to use the STORED cc number. Then I re-entered it manually. When the following page loaded forever I already started swearing, figuring I missed my chance due to BS google forms... but the following page loaded eventually, and then I already heard the BING sound of my email app and saw the Order Confirmation mail actually before the Order Was Completed page loaded. :cool: Puh....

It was a new cc so there was a risk that something could go wrong. Thank goodness it didn't.... ;)
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Gtscotty

Post by Gtscotty »

Got one, my third mule. It was a bit nerve wracking though, this is the Mule I really wanted of all that have been announced thus far.
Knivesofaspyder

Post by Knivesofaspyder »

Managed to snag 1. This will be my first Spyderco ever! Excited to make some scales for it.

The website was really slow but no crashes for me fortunately.
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

Darn it!! I was busy with the new puppy and got to my computer too late :mad:. Congrats to all of those who scored one!! :D
:spyder: Spyderco fan and collector since 1991. :spyder:
Father of 2, nature explorer, custom knife maker.
@ckc_knifemaker on Instagram.
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

First of all, I just want to say how amazing it is that Spyderco does this. Sold out in something under 12 minutes according to the above. Clearly Spyderco could double the price, or more, and these would still sell out. But they don't. That they don't shows unusual integrity. That they do this at all shows something, I'm not sure just what, but certainly that they aren't just a company that is all about the bottom line. And I hope they prosper as a result. Thanks to you, Spyderco people.

Limiting one per household was definitely the right thing to do (but I certainly would have ordered two if that option was there).

I got one. I always feel amazed and fortunate when I do. The site was definitely slow, and I wish there weren't so many stages to go through, each with a significant delay, but it worked out. At one stage, my browser said it was waiting on google. Google? How does Google end up in the middle of a Spyderco sales transaction? But whatever, as long as there is a happy ending.

This should definitely be an interesting steel.
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Does anyone have info on what hardness these will be? They can go up to something like 70 on the rockwell?
Additionally, Now that the flood gates have opened, how much are they going for on the secondary market?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Xplorer wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:57 am
Darn it!! I was busy with the new puppy and got to my computer too late :mad:. Congrats to all of those who scored one!! :D
Same here, was too busy with work and actually forgot about it until I got back on the forum. Definitely a bit bummed since I have a set of scales and an extra sheath just waiting to be filled!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

I got one.

Super steel fixed blade for $50, whats not to like.

Maxamet never came in a fixed blade,other than the mule, and Im not sure this ever will either, outside the mule. Im also pretty sure the only other way you could get a fixed blade in this stuff would be to spend a lot of money on a custom.
hijinxtx wrote: I followed the directions from Kristi, got in a little early, put a sheath and a set of grips in the cart, waited and put a Z29 in the cart and went to check out! Yay, got one! Then after entering card info and complete order, a message came up saying the sheath is to of stock, to remove the Z29 to continue! No no! Removed the sheath and went back to check out and the Z29 was gone. And of course sold out! But I tried, and will remember next time just get the knife and get out! No worries!
Same thing happened to me. It let me add the boltaron sheath and then after doing the checkout process told me it was out of stock. I quickly removed it and checked out again. While I was checking out the second time I was almost sure I was going to miss it, luckily it worked out.

This happened to me during the seconds sell as well. Lesson learned at this point.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."