MT29P - Mule Team Featuring Z-Max PM Release Info!

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
MBikingDiver

Re: MT29P - Mule Team Featuring Z-Max PM Release Info!

Post by MBikingDiver »

IndianaTony wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:43 am
Win! I finally got a mule after missing out on several in the past. I’ve been enjoying trying new steels and I’ve been loving my Maxamet PM2, so really looking forward to trying this one out.

That's awesome! I scored one as well. Just have to wait for it to ship. I was curious if we were going to see a DLC mule this time. The picture on Spyderco's Instagram looked dark. I thought it was just picture angle but was hopeful. Now we know haha
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

I know Spyderco doesn't have any control or any power to sanction someone with what they do to their products once it is bought and leaves their premises, but man, this is just a slap in the face to those who waited for this and missed out.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
Skidoosh

Post by Skidoosh »

Agreed
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Sal said the low quantity issue will be around for a few more Mule drops. Larger quantities after that, but I don't remember how many releases until it gets better.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

I wonder if they plan on re releasing some old ones like Maxamet and LC200N?
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
elduderino04

Post by elduderino04 »

Fireman wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:45 pm
I wonder if they plan on re releasing some old ones like Maxamet and LC200N?
I hope they do. Even re-releasing a few models would send the signal that people shouldn't expect any exclusivity on the mules, which will hopefully tamper down speculation a bit and get these into more hands for more reasonable prices.
fixall

Post by fixall »

Individually number them. Keep track of who the numbered Mule Teams went to. If a numbered Mule Team pops up for sale, stop selling to that address. Problem solved?

Making a ton a Mule Team knives could be an answer, but I'd hate for Spyderco to be stuck with a bunch of leftover knives if a release is less popular than the recent releases.

I was lucky enough to get my order in today. It took four minutes from the time I hit add to cart until the time I was finished checking out.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Trev, Monolog, Bleasure, Chkn, Spydieterp, Indiana Tony, MBikingDiver,

Welcome to our forum.

To those of you that managed to snag one, thanx for the support. For those that didn't, my apologies. We are increasing the quantities of future Mules until we can learn what the right number is. As I've said, it is our wish that everyone that wants one can get one so we can get as much feedback as possible.

sal
Agreycat

Post by Agreycat »

My First attempt at a Mule team knife

I was thinking positive when I bought handles and a Kydex sheath last night. Today I started F5-ing at 10:59 a.m. By 11:01 I had clicked on the “add to cart” button. I was so excited. But then, my heart dropped. It was taking way too long to go to the cart page. The little busy circle was spinning in the center of the page. Oh, this was not good. Not good at all.

Refresh. Nothing. Again. Still nothing. Then the dreaded “No internet”, “You are off-line” page. I freaked, I cursed, and I shouted “This can’t be happening!” I checked my phone. I had a strong WIFI signal. This was inconceivable. I opened another tab, clicked on the “my cart” icon, and waited, while softly repeating “Please. Please. Please.” It was 11:06.

Suddenly I could see my cart. I clicked through screens faster than I’ve ever clicked, entered credit card info, and finally made it to the submit button. I clicked the button, and held my breath…Success! “Order Complete”. Email confirmation received. 10 anxious minutes spent thinking I had missed out. Was it worth it? I think so.

50 minutes later I was over on the DLT website doing it all over again to get a Cru-Wear Dragonfly. I needn’t have bothered. 12 hours later and they’re still in stock.

How was your morning?
z1r

Post by z1r »

sal wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:34 pm
Hi Trev, Monolog, Bleasure, Chkn, Spydieterp, Indiana Tony, MBikingDiver,

Welcome to our forum.

To those of you that managed to snag one, thanx for the support. For those that didn't, my apologies. We are increasing the quantities of future Mules until we can learn what the right number is. As I've said, it is our wish that everyone that wants one can get one so we can get as much feedback as possible.

sal
I can only imagine that predicting quantities would be extremely difficult. I'm sure delays caused by the Pandemic may have led to pent up demand.
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

nerdlock wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:12 pm

I know Spyderco doesn't have any control or any power to sanction someone with what they do to their products once it is bought and leaves their premises, but man, this is just a slap in the face to those who waited for this and missed out.
Hmmm. That’s very interesting. There were only 4 people waiting for the door to open this morning.
z1r

Post by z1r »

But the Mules didn't arrive until about 15 minutes after the doors opened. I still have mine.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

How many Mules were sold in person?

I'm wondering if it might be worth it to travel down there for the Magna Cut mule drop.
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

nerdlock wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:12 pm

Flippers gonna flip
Sndmn11

Post by Sndmn11 »

I was first in line and went back about lunch time to pick it up. So, I'm not the ebay seller and don't think I would sell mine without seeing how it handles a few field dressings first and making a neat handle for it.
archangel

Post by archangel »

TomAiello wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:43 pm

I'm wondering if it might be worth it to travel down there for the Magna Cut mule drop.

If only they'd finally invent beaming......
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

fixall wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:30 pm
Individually number them. Keep track of who the numbered Mule Teams went to. If a numbered Mule Team pops up for sale, stop selling to that address. Problem solved?

Making a ton a Mule Team knives could be an answer, but I'd hate for Spyderco to be stuck with a bunch of leftover knives if a release is less popular than the recent releases.

I was lucky enough to get my order in today. It took four minutes from the time I hit add to cart until the time I was finished checking out.
I don’t mind people selling them after a time 3-6 months. I mean that’s enough to use it, test it and just check it out. Then sell it to finance more mules. Plus it would give more people a chance to try it. But someone buying it just to sell days later sucks.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Can people stop quoting that ebay listing! Takes up almost an entire page...we get it, there's flippers on the loose. Nothing new there.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

TomAiello wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:43 pm

The Magna mule would be cool but I also want to check out the z-wear as it sounds like a tough little knife. As long as the z-max and a-wear are not too prone to rust I will be happy…. I had a older SOG rust on me that was dry and stored inside. Did not use it for 6-12 months and when I came back to it was a mess.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
shinbone

Post by shinbone »

I was one of the four at the door at 9:00AM for the release. No flipping for me.